Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ve noticed a strange phenomena here on LPSG: long time members who suddenly snap and start trolling, stalking and/or posting inflammatory material. The member has been here long enough to know that he is going to be banned. In fact, I just read a response to a blog where a member stated that he was planning on posting really vile material so he could be banned.

So why do it? Why not just jump ship? Why commit LPSG suicide?

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This guy has only been here 3 months and is probably a returned banned member.

People who deliberately get themselves banned are just seeking attention.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wow....in my second thread ever.....

So, returning banned members and attetion seekers. I see.

D_Steve_Sphincter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting you raise this point. I'm quite surprised by the volume of posts I read, then look over to see a bit more about the users, only to find that they're banned. Seems like getting banned is all the rage.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So why do it? Why not just jump ship? Why commit LPSG suicide?

If you jump ship you can swim around and maybe get hauled out of the water and get back on board.

I know of a few people who were spending way too much time here and felt they needed to stop.
Almost like an addiction.
They felt if they just tried to break the habit voluntarily, weakness would cause them to revert.
So banning was the only way they could be sure they would stay off the site.

Some do it for other reasons, I'm sure.
And there are those who get banned and were not trying to.
(See my friends list for some examples)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
In fact, I just read a response to a blog where a member stated that he was planning on posting really vile material so he could be banned.

Was that BENDERBOY, LaFemme?

You never know why people do what they do, but this was really immature. He did not need to bring others into his drama.

I hope this doesn't inhibit you from creating other threads.

EDIT: I guess it was BENDERBOY. I just found his blog post where he says:
i'm posting some vile stuff tonight in the hope that one of you cunts will report me and get me banned.
He obviously knew what he wanted.

Last edited:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You never know why people do what they do, but this was really immature. He did not need to bring others into his drama.

I hope this doesn't inhibit you from creating other threads.

This...

There are ways to do it that involve few others (well, aside from all the friends they forgot to inform before doing it, who start threads about it...) ways that have been used in the past, that leave most people full aware of the situation without any drama or disruption to threads.

Sure I'd rather it didn't happen, but for some people knowing they can't come back is the only way (*giggles at a certain reinstated one*) but you've got to give them some credit over the assholes who aren't happy with just being banned, they have to cause as much drama as possible first.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well this does kind of make me nervous about starting another thread...

I still wonder though. I've seen a couple of members who have been here longer than a couple of years who suddenly go from seemingly rational people to having an almost psychotic break. Anger, hatred and poison just oozing from their posts. They know that this behaviour will get them banned. Isn't there a classier way to leave?

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

I still wonder though. I've seen a couple of members who have been here longer than a couple of years who suddenly go from seemingly rational people to having an almost psychotic break. Anger, hatred and poison just oozing from their posts. They know that this behaviour will get them banned. Isn't there a classier way to leave?

There are countless ways to leave, but this behaviour may not be to get themselves banned... I've been here 5 years next month, and I know that if I go through my post history, I can certain events both on and off the site based on my posting style. At times, it's a wonder I wasn't banned!

Those who knowingly change behaviour to get themselves banned though, and go as far as you say to achieve it, probably do so because they know if they just left, they'd come back, if they closed their accounts, they could start a new one, and if they just played up a little, or did some other non-disruptive breaking of the ToS, chances are they'd appeal, explain and then come back...

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Why?
You have a big mean Pitbull :mad:
to protect you
if anyone gets out of line. :wink:

Just whistle.

You do know how to whistle don't you?
Just put your lips together and blow.

:smile: