death is the end?

What do you guys think will happen to us at death?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B_lillothomas9

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
after discussing what happen to us at death with another thread iam would like to know what is the theory of most people here. That dont solve anything but iam curious about that

vote :
1. death is the end

2. resurrection heaven and and hell christian , muslim way

3.We only reincarnate as humans in this word new age way

4 rebirth or reincarnation like buddism and hinduism

Media
I'm still wanting to know stuff about the NDE's. Maybe NDE's are proof we go somewhere. I am so not sure. Still trying to find answers. I don't know why we should be concerned about dying. We should just live and when the time comes I am sure we will be surprised about where we are going.

hkwes

Experimental Member
Media
After your soul departs your rotting corpse, it floats up into a land of puffy clouds and harpsichords.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Energy no matter can be created nor destroyed. Because of this, I speculate that death is not the end. I also, however, have no idea if there is a heaven or hell.

Despite my earlier answer I can see where you are coming from. Suppose that life goes on in some other form I feel there may be no conscious link between one life form and another hence my thoughts on death being the end of things.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe that the "life energy" within us does go on.

HOWEVER....

If our minds/memories make us who we are, and if our memories are stored in our beloved brains, it follows that

a) it's a little bit hard to take "ourselves" with us when our bodies die.
b) it explains why people (other than Shirley McClaine) don't remember much about any "past life"

- - - - - -

That being said, I believe that we will eventually conquer much of death. Imagine if we can somehow store some/most of our memories on a transferable chip?

Sadly, I doubt that it's going to happen this time around. My most horrible dreams are that I've died, and I'm trying to say goodbye to my children -- and they can't hear me.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Despite my earlier answer I can see where you are coming from. Suppose that life goes on in some other form I feel there may be no conscious link between one life form and another hence my thoughts on death being the end of things.

I agree. There is no reason to believe that a consciousness moves on.

hkwes

Experimental Member
Media
Energy no matter can be created nor destroyed. Because of this, I speculate that death is not the end. I also, however, have no idea if there is a heaven or hell.

Not the end for the particulate matter that makes up your body, perhaps. This has nothing to do with the survival of such intangibles as the "soul".

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My guess is: The End, and that's what I voted although I really don't know for sure.

Being a procrastinator, I'm going to put off finding out as long as I can. :biggrin:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You make the most of it here because one day you will die. That's it - end of - IMHO.
No, no, no! In my perfect fantasy world all the hot, smart, gay guys like you come back exactly the same . . . but straight. :wink::biggrin1:

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I voted "I don't know", cos I don't. But due to some experiences of my dad during his heart transplant, I have a very strong inclination to believe there is some kind of continued energy and/or soul existence after death. I have no other way to explain things that have happened- things my dad experienced, while he was technically dead on the operating table. He was not an atheist, but not at all religious or spiritual, at least not till after he experienced 'death', and returned to life for 10 more years. Then there is the communications I have had with him since he died, tho the most dramatic and clear communications were within 4 days of his passing. I have had similar experiences with other persons close to me after their deaths, as well as connections with some dear pets.
I have had many experiences that influence me, but still I know nothing for 100% sure, till it happens to me.:rolleyes:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
We all have a couple atoms that were once part of a Tyrannosaurus Rex in us, you know!

Once you're dead, your consciousness and awareness are gone, so although the components that made you up continue to exist and will inevitably end up returning to the cycle of the universe in the form of energy and matter, you won't have any clue that it's happening.

To me, the only chance of extending yourself towards an afterlife at this point is to ensure that your legacy is a positive one. Do good things, be good to others, and make sure that whatever it is you create, it generates a positive energy to the universe at large. You won't know anything about it after you die, but it is an exceedingly comforting feeling to know that if you die tomorrow, your acts throughout life ended up having a positive impact beyond your death.

That's how I feel about it anyway.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I believe someone's soul and energy can live on, but everything else goes kaputt.
For anyone who's played Final Fantasy 7, the 'lifestream' is a pretty close estimation to what I imagine happens myself; I don't know if there is a real life school of thought or belief the same as this, though I know of some fairly similar notions.