Death Panels are inevitable in a public option

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wyldgusechaz, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

I thought anti-Obama sentiment was racism? Or is it insanity now? I forget, but let's be clear, anti-Obama sentiment could not possibly be because some people can see how ineffective of a leader he is, and how he has broken many of his campaign promises already. Just wait for that middle-class tax hike!

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Seems as if your society and mine are two completely different factions of life that will never intertwine and that leaves me heartbroken. Really, it does. :rolleyes:

We know why you think he "sucks". However, my gripes with the current administration are not aligned with yours so you can put away the tea bags. How desperate of a life must you lead in order to seek comfort, companionship & mental stability in an overly-generalized statement? You somehow feel vindicated because you're now part of a so-called army that doesn't approve of everything our President does? Perhaps if you stopped looking at the issues in binary, you'd see that even his biggest supporters have had criticisms about the current administration as well. INCLUDING ME. But I guess you were too busy thinking that anyone who saw anything positive in Obama had to be a "blind liberal"?

You're such a transparent joke, Skippy. Try using your distorted half truthful speech on someone else who's dumb enough to fall for it.

#42 B_VinylBoy, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  3. Stretch

Stretch New Member

How can you seriously judge Obama at this point Ericsson? He's not even a year into his Presidency after taking the reins of possibly the most convoluted situation any President has ever inherited. It's hardly necessary to point out that you have every right to express your opinion but you do have an obvious agenda.

4. mistergrasso

mistergrasso Member

Aside from the followers of Glenn Beck and Orly Taitz, what evidence do you have of this correlation? Or is that whom you are talking about?

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

A person that only sees "left & right" like Ericsson picks a side and then continues jabbing until he feels his side has won. He's more of a tool of the rhetoric than anyone who voted for Obama in 2008.

6. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Let me know when the President "meets expectations." That is a reasonable bar, isn't it? I mean, nothing extraordinary. Nothing even "above average," just "meets expectations." I would think that those who supported him the most, expecting "change," should be his biggest critics, but instead, it seems it is more comforting to rationalize and defend what has turned out to be a very bad decision.

I understand, and I try to comfort Obama supporters when I see their frustration with the President misdirected toward Republicans. It's okay. *HUG*

7. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

My only agenda is to attempt to hold this President to the standard he promised and set for himself. Transparency? Closing GITMO? The Stimulus Plan Saving the Economy (and Jobs)? Bipartisanship? Debating Healthcare on CSPAN and not behind closed doors?

All things Obama said. So, no, I would just like to see more people irate at the blatant lies he has told the American people, instead of defending his lies and blaming Republicans.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You haven't learned a thing, Skippy.
    First off, I'd appreciate if you use your OWN voice and not hide behind over-generalized, rhetorical catchphrases. If you're going to say "Obama Sucks", then be honest and tell us why YOU think he does. At least thadjock has the courage to do so. You're a dishonest hack that only seeks validation in the chant. You're more interested in being part of the masses, yelling and screaming for no real reason and associating your beliefs to that of the crowd, without even knowing what the hell they're talking about. Besides, we all know why you have to hide your true feelings around here. And until you can be up front about it, then engaging in any kind of discussion with you on the subject matter is fruitless.

Secondly, why should I agree to YOUR terms about what is an acceptable benchmark to measure a President's abilities? Why are you so desperate to hold onto your paranoid beliefs about a politician you don't like? We'd never see eye-to-eye on what is good for the nation anyhow. You think I'd even entertain the idea of trying to convince you, a person determined to prove that Obama is not the man he portrays himself to be (as if any politician really is), that he's actually done something or is at least making an attempt to follow through with his campaign promises? Everything about you on this board is phony. You're too busy looking at me as some kind of apologizer than you STILL haven't even read the criticism I gave the administration when talking with thadjock.

You don't deserve to have an up-front, honest discussion with me.

Get your hands off of me, bigot. You'd get a better sensation putting your nuts through a paper shredder. :rolleyes:

#48 B_VinylBoy, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  9. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

And yet, you continue to respond to my posts.

:dance:

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

That's because I like kicking blindly ignorant, bigoted, anonymous people around once in a while. You should know that by now because this isn't the first, nor would it ever be the last, time I've done it. And it takes two to tango, so if you want this to stop then you WILL back down. You have no choice in the matter because I have no problem doing this all night. Some trolls can go on for 60+ pages with everyone on their backs and still bounce back. I'm sure I'll have you over and out much, MUCH sooner.

Understand your place in this discussion, yet? If not, then respond back. :rolleyes:

#50 B_VinylBoy, Dec 17, 2009
  11. Stretch

Stretch New Member

You expect all of that done in 11 months? That was a very silly post

12. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Transparency? No, you can't see his birth certificate. Get over it.

Closing GITMO? Perhaps you missed the news that 100 inmates at Gitmo are being moved to a maximum security prison in Illinois.

The Stimulus Plan? Perhaps you haven't noticed that the stock market is actually rebounding, or that a lot of the money lent out to banks has actually been returned.

Bipartisanship? Fuck that... he tried and all the GOP could do is say the word "no" to everything. Time to move on.

Debating Health Care? Perhaps if you'd pay attention to other channels than C-Span, you'd know what's going on in that debate. Besides, the issue is with the Senate right now. Not Obama. He wants to sign a bill, but without the Senate agreeing on something it'll never get to C-Span.

So really, where is he lying again? Or are you just willingly ignorant to the details to some of the key issues at hand so you can hold onto your empty rhetorical chant of "Obama Sucks"?

#53 B_VinylBoy, Dec 17, 2009
  14. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Umm. The President set his deadline for GITMO closing, not me. And, umm, healthcare debate is ongoing now, so has nothing to do with 11 months in office. And, um, the transparency with TARP and the Stimulus funds isn't happening, and that is occurring now.

So, it's silly to not realize that the length of his term in office does not give him some sort of "grace period" to deceive and blatantly lie to the American people.

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You too, bigot. :rolleyes:

16. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

So, there is where he is lying. Glad I could clear that up for you.

17. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Ah, name calling. The vestige of small minds, like your beloved Senator Schumer. Like his constituents, truly a class act!

18. Stretch

Stretch New Member

Why are you trying so hard to present yourself this way? You really have nothing to say and I can just about guarantee that you'll continue to post inanely. You've made it pretty clear that you just want to bash Obama and confront anybody who crosses your path. Glad you have time to waste on this vacuous endeavor. Good luck and have fun...really. :smile:

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You're a tool.

There are key figures in the state that actually support the move. Considering we could find a place for domestic terrorists like Timothy McVeigh, I don't think we'd have a problem with ANY Gitmo detainee. The other little fact that you're omitting? This is more proof that Obama is actually TRYING to adhere to his campaign promises. Didn't you just say that he's doing nothing? Oops.

Are you one of them? If not, then you should shut the fuck up. Besides, where was your concern for unemployment when it nearly doubled in 2008? Yeah, I thought so.

It takes more than a year to fix any and all things regarding the economy. Unemployment will only subside once businesses are able to make money again and expand. The Stimulus Package is geared to focus on these issues over a period of time. Not just one year. With the stock market starting to stabilize, some economists have suggested that the Unemployment rate will also improve starting as soon as March. And BTW, the Bureau of Labor Statistics is reporting that the Unemployment rate could drop below 10% by the end of the month. So where did you get 11% from, you dishonest hack?

And it's also documented that Republicans, with the exception of one or two people, have unanimously voted "no" on practically every measure brought forth by a Democrat since the election. That includes a bill proposed by Al Franken that essentially protected a woman's rights to pursue action if sexually assaulted on the job. The GOP can cry about bipartisanship all they want. They had a chance for a year to play ball, but instead wanted to go to tea bag rallies and phony town halls. The ship has sailed. They can yell the word "no" on the sidelines with the rest of the fringe.

They also said on camera that Obama wants to kill Grandma. So sorry if I don't believe everything that's said "on camera". :rolleyes:

Because it's not completed yet, dimwit. :rolleyes:
    Until there's a final version, there will be nothing official to read.

Cries about transparency from someone who doesn't even have the balls to put their own picture up in their profile. How hypocritical. But I digress...

No... this is where you're stretching, distorting and bending the facts to form your own biased beliefs. Glad I could clear that up for YOU. But I'm sure you'll ignore that anyhow.

#59 B_VinylBoy, Dec 17, 2009
  20. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

I answered every one of your points in your previous post. Sorry if you can't accept the facts.

The summary responses to my pointing out of the facts have been 1) calling me bigot, 2) Blaming it on Bush, 3) citing Obama being only about 1/4 of the way through with his presidency. How surprising.

#60 Ericsson1228d, Dec 17, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted