Death

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_tallbig, Dec 3, 2007.

1. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Most of us take life for granted and we assume that our death is in many years in the future . Sometimes things happen that show us that we can have death in our faces . For example 3 weeks ago my bro has a car accident and he almost lose a leg . He is really lucky to be alive and complete . That and my mom's death really change my perspective in this matter. Any of the members here have similar experiences that make us to rethink in our mortality?

2. Osiris

Gold Member

I first experienced death at age 3 when my grandfather died. It has always been around. It is part of the circle of life. I am not afraid of it for myself, but afraid for the people I would leave behind, namely my wife and kids.

3. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

I'm not afraid of death but most people always asume that they will live many more years . The truth is that the moment of our death is uncertain.

4. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    No.

I've come close to death twice in motor vehicle accidents. Perhaps some people gain profound insight or improved perspective on life from near-death experiences but I didn't. I was always well aware of my mortality and valued my good health. I didn't need any reminders as to the fragility of good health.

Accidents are bad experiences and I gained nothing from them except body damage.

5. RedScrotum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    someday, one day, will be our last

6. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have lost older family members, in the natural cycle, but the really tough lessons come from losing peers, friends unexpectedly.

My 2 best friends in the world ever, mirrors to each other we were, Jamie committed suicide when we were both 25, (there's a whole story there), and Isaac, my beautiful friend drowned off Spain in 2001, when we were both aged 31. There are so many stories to tell, but I tend to tell them to myself in my mind, as is most appropriate.

The grief was absolutely overwhelming, and yet I learnt a lot about myself spiritually, and even supernaturally.

I still miss them both dreadfully from time to time, and my partner tells me sometimes I cry their names in my sleep.

As for myself, almost died from a tumour behind my eye a few years back....but pulled through, made me stronger I think.

7. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Sorry to hear about that . My mom was operated several times before her death. She suffered a heart disease.

8. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeh thanks TB, and I am very sorry to hear about your Mum also. I hope you're happy generally though! I am, most of the time!!!

9. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

I'm cool and happy most of the time but sometimes when i remember about my mom i feel anger .

10. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeh, I understand that, I feel that about Jamie sometimes, even now.

11. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Yes that is a normal emotion when something tragic happens to a close relative or close friend.

12. Hotrocker

Hotrocker Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I find myself afraid of death... because I know that I have much left I would like to accomplish before I go. Plus, I know what pain it would cause my loved ones and friends.

I could say those reason are all at the top of my reasons why I'm afraid, but the biggest reason is: I don't know what waits after death for sure. I believe in the Christian heaven, but theres no tangible proof that it exists, so I have doubt.

Doubt of the unknown. Hence the reason why I'm so afraid of passing on.

13. B_Swimming Lad

B_Swimming Lad New Member

I'm a firm believer in fate. So if I'm destined to die tomorrow, let it be. Its in God's hands.

14. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

It's unavoidable so no point in thinking about it beyond accepting it will inevitably happen. I don't believe in an afterlife. Once you're dead, that's it. The concept is incredibly hard for many people to grasp because we're typically raised with the belief our conscious mind is everlasting. Try to imagine nothingness. No heaven/hell, no reincarnation, no immortality as a ghost. You simply cease to exist.

15. pierre bleue

pierre bleue New Member

I personaly have had the proof about the existence of different levels and planes in the universe through a dozen paranormal phenomena...There are physical and metaphysical dimensions in the cosmos.
    God is simply the Mystery of the mysteries. The Light is Him!
    I adore God when adoring a cock, this wonderful creation.
    Alas, I have never had love with reciprocity on this very earth.
    I believe it was my fate...

16. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Yes to think that death is the end is terrifying. I'm agnostic in respect to god and in respect life after death . I understand why most people believe in anyform of afterlife.

17. pierre bleue

pierre bleue New Member

according to me, you are wrong ! totally wrong. but it is your own spiritual path! I have had some weird experiences which made me change totally my septical mind! But I cannot transmit my experience to you, you will experience it at least when dying!

18. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Who says I haven't had a near death experience? You know nothing about me so I suggest you watch what you say.

19. D_Landrocke DeLonguepiece III

I have been a paramedic for over 20 years and cannot begin to tell you of all the death and destruction I have had to deal with. I can tell you about the 11 year old girl who got thrown from the car and the car then rolled on top of her, or of the 19 year old boy who I was trying to defibrillate back to life after him heart stopped from a genetic cardiac defect he didn't even know about, or the 27 year old man who dropped dead right in front of his 7 year old daughter. The list goes on and on.

Yes, I am very aware of my mortality. I am reminded of it every day I go to work.

20. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Do you have a near death experiences? I never had one.

Draft saved Draft deleted