Debt stats you can gnaw on

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midlifebear, Oct 17, 2011.

1. midlifebear

Gold Member

2. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not news to me. But I liked the comments:

"BTW, if anyone wants to be on the fast track to my clueless fucktard list, all you have to is to rationalize the 8 years of destruction that Bush Jr wrought on this once great nation, and bingo — you are on my CFL."

Madame Z gets around!

3. sargon20

Gold Member

And if a Republican wins in 2012 expect that figure to balloon even more as they break the country rewarding the rich job creators that aren't in any mode to create any jobs. It's growing now under Obama and one reason is the Republican temper tantrum thrown in November when the government was going to be shut down unless we all continued licking the boots of the rich.

Eric Cantor Opposes Compromise On Extending Bush Tax Cuts, Says Government Shutdown Will Be Obama's Fault

Here's the same thing :

Obama’s and Bush’s effects on the deficit in one graph

What’s also important, but not evident, on this chart is that Obama’s major expenses were temporary — the stimulus is over now — while Bush’s were, effectively, recurring. The Bush tax cuts didn’t just lower revenue for 10 years. It’s clear now that they lowered it indefinitely, which means this chart is understating their true cost. Similarly, the Medicare drug benefit is costing money on perpetuity, not just for two or three years. And Boehner, Ryan and others voted for these laws and, in some cases, helped to craft and pass them.

#3 sargon20, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
Draft saved Draft deleted