Dec. 4 - Phelps picket/protests in/near DC

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
According to the Westboro website, Phelps & co. are planning to picket in front of the US Capitol 12 - 1 PM, and at a funeral at Arlington National Cemetery from 2 - 3 PM on December 4, 2007.

I'm seriously considering joining their group, but carrying a carrying a sign that fred may not like... maybe something like "Phelps: Satan's work since 1955" on one side, and "God hates Westboro" on the other side.

Any comments? Anyone else in the area willing and able to join me? Unfortunately, it's mid-day on a Tuesday, but I will be able to be there. Should I?

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i don't know much about the phelps'. but louis theroux (im always on about him) has done a documentary on them which is to be aired (in UK) within the next week i think. they sound like a strange bunch from what i've gathered - could you give us more info on them pls?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd love to join you if I were local as well. If you can rouse a grop of your own you should definitely do it. I wouldn't have a sign saying "God hates Westboro" though as there may be some innocents in the town. A simple "God hates Phelps" or "God hates intolerance" might be more on point.

How is it this miscreant hasn't learned from the court ruling?

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i don't know much about the phelps'. but louis theroux (im always on about him) has done a documentary on them which is to be aired (in UK) within the next week i think. they sound like a strange bunch from what i've gathered - could you give us more info on them pls?

Well, here's a link to their website, if that tells you anything.
Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

Their basic theory is that the war in Iraq is somewhat of a blessing from God... and that God is killing our soldiers to punish Americans for being tolerant of homosexuals. In a nut shell.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They will be here in Port Orchard within the next few days to protest at a funeral for an soldier killed in Iraq. Thank God I live far enough away from Port Orchard, I'd hate to forget my respect for human life and have that overridden by the unyielding desire to smack the everloving crap out of these people.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd love to join you if I were local as well. If you can rouse a grop of your own you should definitely do it. I wouldn't have a sign saying "God hates Westboro" though as there may be some innocents in the town. A simple "God hates Phelps" or "God hates intolerance" might be more on point.

How is it this miscreant hasn't learned from the court ruling?
I thought of that, Gillette, but the church is Westboro Baptist Church - in Topeka, Kansas. Westboro is not the name of their town, just the church.

Well, here's a link to their website, if that tells you anything.
Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

Their basic theory is that the war in Iraq is somewhat of a blessing from God... and that God is killing our soldiers to punish Americans for being tolerant of homosexuals. In a nut shell.
Close, Meg. Actually, their basic theory is that any tragedy and/or suffering around the world is a direct punishment from god for the American tolerance of homosexuality. He makes a big deal of telling the media that he is thankful for the WTC bombings, the war in Iraq, Hurricane Katrina, terrorist attacks, suicide bombers, earthquakes, floods, tsunami, plane crashes, pimples, upset stomachs, hangnails, and paper cuts - god's wrath against those awful fags and fag-lovers.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Close, Meg. Actually, their basic theory is that any tragedy and/or suffering around the world is a direct punishment from god for the American tolerance of homosexuality. He makes a big deal of telling the media that he is thankful for the WTC bombings, the war in Iraq, Hurricane Katrina, terrorist attacks, suicide bombers, earthquakes, floods, tsunami, plane crashes, pimples, upset stomachs, hangnails, and paper cuts - god's wrath against those awful fags and fag-lovers.

Well, yeah... the info I gave was sort of their "original" preaching when the war started. They also have a website called "God Hates America" and that one covers all the other shit. God Hates America -- Westboro Baptist Church Commentary on the USA

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, yeah... the info I gave was sort of their "original" preaching when the war started. They also have a website called "God Hates America" and that one covers all the other shit. God Hates America -- Westboro Baptist Church Commentary on the USA
You know, you really have to wonder what kind of mental pathology he (and his little inbred gaggle of followers/family) have going on. Even if he actually, truly, believes all the shit he spews (and I have my doubts), you have to think for a moment about his attitude of "god hates every single person on earth except those members of my little church." It's like the crazy mom, watching a parade with 200 people in it, and saying "I'm so proud of my son, he was the only one in the whole parade who was in step."

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
According to the Westboro website, Phelps & co. are planning to picket in front of the US Capitol 12 - 1 PM, and at a funeral at Arlington National Cemetery from 2 - 3 PM on December 4, 2007.

I'm seriously considering joining their group, but carrying a carrying a sign that fred may not like... maybe something like "Phelps: Satan's work since 1955" on one side, and "God hates Westboro" on the other side.

Any comments? Anyone else in the area willing and able to join me? Unfortunately, it's mid-day on a Tuesday, but I will be able to be there. Should I?

yanno, i might just be able to make myself available. where's bliss?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yanno, i might just be able to make myself available. where's bliss?
Oh yeah! Well, snoozie, if you are serious about that, I'll go to the nearest office supply or craft supply store and get enough foam core board to make us some signs. I'm sure that between us, we could think of some pretty catchy slogans to put on 'em.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Go. I'd join you if I lived near there.

Maybe bring an airhorn to over-ride the Phelps' brood noise? Or would that be over the top?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, it seems that I will go ahead as planned. I'm lettering my sign today. On one side, it will say "GOD HATES WESTBORO BAPTIST" and on the other side, "WESTBORO BAPTIST DOES SATAN'S WORK".

If all goes as planned, I will be joined by the fabulous Snoozan, and the equally fabulous Mercurial Bliss.

My intent is to inconspicuously join his group and comingle with them, then unveil my sign. If the media are there (and I'm sure they will be) some of you can expect to see me in the news tomorrow evening.

I have no idea whatsoever what kind of response I'll get. I guess I'll find out tomorrow afternoon!