Dec. 4 - Phelps picket/protests in/near DC

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Despite being totally crazy, the Phelpsians attract so much media attention that I doubt they would try anything.
Well phred and his daughters are attorneys - they know better than to try anything physical. I don't really give a flying flip if they yell things at me. I can certainly take it. I'm also quite confident that they have been instructed to try to coerce "outsiders" to take the first swing. I certainly won't do that. I hope that none of them physically assault me, but if they do, there will be photographic evidence. And yes, I can protect myself. I'm not defenseless.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well phred and his daughters are attorneys - they know better than to try anything physical. I don't really give a flying flip if they yell things at me. I can certainly take it. I'm also quite confident that they have been instructed to try to coerce "outsiders" to take the first swing. I certainly won't do that. I hope that none of them physically assault me, but if they do, there will be photographic evidence. And yes, I can protect myself. I'm not defenseless.

That's what I told Snoozy. They've recently been sued so they wouldn't want to risk being in court again. I'll bring my pocket-sized mace in case they change their minds.

DC, i'm hoping to come tomorrow but it depends on my work schedule which i'll check today while i'm out. I've encouraged Snoozy to attend even if I can't go. But I really want to! :biggrin1:

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If all goes as planned, I will be joined by the fabulous Snoozan, and the equally fabulous Mercurial Bliss.

My intent is to inconspicuously join his group and comingle with them, then unveil my sign. If the media are there (and I'm sure they will be) some of you can expect to see me in the news tomorrow evening.

Deep, we tried to do this during the March on Washington in 1993 and it didn't work. In fact, it turned really ugly.

Be careful about the co-mingling strategy. Those whackjobs all know each other very well, and are mostly related to each other (not a hick joke, I mean it). Generally, they are sealed off from whatever it is they're protesting so getting close to them is usually not an option. And there are usually only about 10 of them max.

Scope out the place and find a way to get yourself in the camera shot without standing among them. You can achieve your results without getting their cooties.

I wish I were in DC tomorrow. I miss this kind of activism...

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, it seems that I will go ahead as planned. I'm lettering my sign today. On one side, it will say "GOD HATES WESTBORO BAPTIST" and on the other side, "WESTBORO BAPTIST DOES SATAN'S WORK".

Can I make a sign that says " No 'mo Westboro"? :biggrin1:

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
why use hate to fight hate? what good is that doing in the big scheme?

Does that somehow (to this twit) 'prove' to him that he is right?

(look! a bunch of satan lead whatevers are here to fight me- I must be doing something right (or worse yet, he is getting the ATTENTION he so desperately seeks? (again I have no idea what goes on in the mind of this man....wow such a fine line on first amendment on this guy)

how about 'we love you anyway"?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We had signs back then that said:

"WESTBORO BAPTISTS ARE GAY" and "PHELPS IS A PIG BOTTOM"

I like "GOD HATES WESTBORO" though. It has a nice ring to it.

Haha. Can we steal that? :biggrin1:

I so get the "Phelps is a pig bottom" sign. That's perfect.

I don't know if I'll carry a sign or just my camera. I haven't decided yet.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
why use hate to fight hate? what good is that doing in the big scheme?

Does that somehow (to this twit) 'prove' to him that he is right?

Using an opponent's logic in your own argument renders them useless. I like watching people try to rationalize their hatred, only to go down in flames when their own reasoning is used against them. Who needs hate crimes when you have avid pundits like DC making fools of these people?

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to believe in turning the other cheek, and that just got me two slapped cheeks.

These people need to be answered, and the families who are hurt and humiliated by them need to know they are not alone in their disgust of these heinous individuals.