Dec. 4 - Phelps picket/protests in/near DC

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Eh... I figured I'd throw in their schedule on here, for anyone who is interested. It looks like they'll be in KC in a couple days, and many odd days after. They're picketing every concert at our new Sprint Center in downtown. Billy Joel, R Kelly, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Ozzy Osbourne, Manheim Steamroller, and the KU v Ohio basketball game. WTF?

http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They're picketing every concert at our new Sprint Center in downtown. Billy Joel, R Kelly, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Ozzy Osbourne, Manheim Steamroller, and the KU v Ohio basketball game. WTF?
What freaks! Their "reasoning" is that these events have the opportunity to be a "bully pulpit" (their own words) and are missing an opportunity to tell the world how much god hates everyone and everything. Thanks, Meg! Hugs & kisses to ya.

I don't normally bump - but I would like to know how our friends are today??
Thank you, DW. We are fine. A bit chilled, but fine. It was really almost a non-event. Snoozie and Bliss were a bit late (horrid traffic on 395?) so at first, it was me against a whopping 4 of them - two ugly old hags, and a teen girl and pimply teen boy. So sad, those kids are gonna be scarred for life. Our girls showed up about 10 minutes later.

One of the hags was wearing an american flag as a skirt, carefully wrapped so that the stars were dragging the ground. There were a couple of other american flags, also carefully placed - upside down and dragging the ground. They are truly a sickening, twisted, demented bunch.

There were no confrontations, and I got more waves, thumbs-up, and thank yous than they did. The protest lasted about one hour, and as they packed up and walked away, I told them that they will rot in hell.

We then went to see the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns and just a couple of other things, then I had to head home.

Snoozan, it was incredibly wonderful to finally meet you. Thank you for taking pics and supporting me in my efforts.

Bliss, it was so good to see you again. Let's do it again. Soon.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Been away last two days. I think what DC and Snoozan did is hilarious. It is time people step up to the plate and make fools of these people.

A point: The idiot and his daughter are attorneys. They are not ignorant. Fools yes. Ignorant no. Whether you believe that Jesus was divine or whether you just believe he was an ordinary main, reading his story from the the Gospels in the New Testament portray a God that is the opposite of what the God of these idiots.

Perhaps they can use some Old Testament readings to justify their beliefs, but not the words of Jesus, at least not the ones recorded in the New Testament. If they quote any Scripture, it won't be the words of Jesus. BTW, Jesus never condemned homosexuality. The only thing relating to sex he condemned was divorce which in that day was when a man dumped his wife back on the street homeless and in poverty to take on a new wife. The concept of divorce then was nothing like what the legal status of divorce in the United States today.

And...they know that Jesus never said any of the things that they follow and yet claim to be followers of Jesus. I definitely would classify them as a Satanic cult.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Been away last two days. I think what DC and Snoozan did is hilarious. It is time people step up to the plate and make fools of these people.

A point: The idiot and his daughter are attorneys. They are not ignorant. Fools yes. Ignorant no. Whether you believe that Jesus was divine or whether you just believe he was an ordinary main, reading his story from the the Gospels in the New Testament portray a God that is the opposite of what the God of these idiots.

Perhaps they can use some Old Testament readings to justify their beliefs, but not the words of Jesus, at least not the ones recorded in the New Testament. If they quote any Scripture, it won't be the words of Jesus. BTW, Jesus never condemned homosexuality. The only thing relating to sex he condemned was divorce which in that day was when a man dumped his wife back on the street homeless and in poverty to take on a new wife. The concept of divorce then was nothing like what the legal status of divorce in the United States today.

And...they know that Jesus never said any of the things that they follow and yet claim to be followers of Jesus. I definitely would classify them as a Satanic cult.

I think they are doing a fine job of making fools of themselves but, i agree that they have to be countered

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Type that with a straight face, did you?

I hope they are having a lovely dinner together celebrating their success.
Given the day and time, no, we didn't. I gave them big hugs, and got back on the subway home. They had to drive back to Delaware, I had to make sure I didn't miss the last bus home from the train station.

Are you looking for a spanking?

I think maybe you have witnessed their demise DC - I hope you have something sparkling with which to celebrate.
I'll have them back down here again, eventually, and I can share some champagne with them then. Unfortunately, I doubt it was anyone's demise.

I may have gone but it was during my work hours.
I wondered about the two teen kids there on a Tuesday at 2 PM. Those poor things are most likely home-schooled (and probably very very poorly at that) and that was one of their two field trips for the year.

GREAT! Congratulations, revolutionaries!

What did your signs say?
Just my one sign. It said "God Hates Westboro Baptist". I did regret that, just a bit. Standing there, I realized it should have been something different, but that's in the past now.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just my one sign. It said "God Hates Westboro Baptist". I did regret that, just a bit. Standing there, I realized it should have been something different, but that's in the past now.

Hey, there's always next time, right? :biggrin:

I think I know what you mean about regretting that particular phrase for the sign, but in all honesty, they had it comin' to them. :rolleyes:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The BBC documentary I just watched with my mom on the WBC (I brought up this thread and she had never heard of them before, so we found it on the internet) said that the kids all went to public schools. They probably just have their parents write excuses for them to get out when they have a picketing mission to go on. I do feel sorry for them... but all kids are subject to their parents' stupidity unfortunately.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for inviting us and being the consummate tour guide, DC. Always a pleasure to see you. We'll have to come back in the spring when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom and it's not so frigid.

My first protest and no punches were thrown. I'm so disappointed. I wore my boots and carried mace just in case. :biggrin1:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC was a wonderful host even at a protest and in the freezing cold.

Bliss and I had our once-a-month premenstrual Indian food pig out when we got home.

And I have photos in my gallery.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media

I like it. What should it have read?

I'm glad you guys went. Looks like you had fun... and stayed out of bible thumping range.

P.S. Bliss is beautiful.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like it. What should it have read?

I'm glad you guys went. Looks like you had fun... and stayed out of bible thumping range.
Looking back, considering the location and situation, I probably should have used a more positive message, perhaps "God Love Our Veterans" or something similar. In hindsight, my sign was probably an inappropriate thing for grieving families and friends to see.

P.S. Bliss is beautiful.
Uh, yeah, she is. She looks a lot like one of my cousins. They both remind me of Barbara Eden when she portrayed "Jeannie."

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Point of interest. Remember when Phelps and his cronies agreed not to protest the funeral of the slain Amish children in Pennsylvania in exchange for network airtime? My sister was in training for her job as a correctional officer in Topeka, KS and one of her classmates was Fred Phelps' sister who said the original agreement was that they would stay away in exchange for a dollar amount but they negotiated the airtime instead. So this has absolutely nothing to do with religious or moral beliefs and everything to do with extortion.

Wretched vile creatures.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I wiush I could've been there to attend - given us equal numbers! :tongue:
I would, of course, have enjoyed spending time with Bliss & Snoozan and though I don't recall us ever talking, I would like to meet you, DC_DEEP. (You don't look how I envisioned you, by the way.) Annoying the Phelps' alone would be a worthy pursuit of my time, in my opinion. :biggrin:

Sounds like you guys had fun, even if it wasn't quite the spectacle you may have been expecting.