Decaf instant coffee.....what's the point?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's instant so you can take it to where there is no coffee maker and use microwaved hot water.

It's decaf so you can drink it at night without the jitters.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Deep intel from a former barista who shall remain nameless:

If you order a decaf nonfat latte at, oh, say a Starbucks, the staff will covertly refer to it as a "What's the point?"

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Deep intel from a former barista who shall remain nameless:

If you order a decaf nonfat latte at, oh, say a Starbucks, the staff will covertly refer to it as a "What's the point?"

Tangent: be nice to your barista. When I worked at Starbucks, we baristas would cooperate and give decaf to unsuspecting rude customers...:tongue:

I tend to agree. But I have it on record that some people enjoy the taste of instant coffee:)eek:), but don't want the caffeine.
We tend to go for instant over here mainly because we're lazy. I can't be arsed pissin round with a coffee maker - I'd much rather pour some boiling water in a mug and whack some instant into it. :biggrin1:

It's instant so you can take it to where there is no coffee maker and use microwaved hot water. <---or boiled water from a kettle

It's decaf so you can drink it at night without the jitters.
Yup.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Also the cleanup from the instant is easier than having to clean the coffee pot; But it's not worth it, it's drinkable, but doesn't taste good.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Joll: that will be Camp coffee is it?

As a kid that is all that nanny would allow us in the nursery. She believed that chicory wasn't a stimulant and diuretic like coffee beans. I used to adore it made with boiled milk.

Haven't had it for years, but recently saw it in the supermarket and purchased a bottle. It tasted vile!

American style percolated coffee is superior to filter. But the best coffee in the world is Danish, they boil it and it should taste horrid but it is the real "I am".

I believe in WWII in UK they made coffee from roasted dandelion roots - they probably still are if the taste of any of the big sellers here is anything to go by. Decaff? yuk.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We tend to go for instant over here mainly because we're lazy. I can't be arsed pissin round with a coffee maker - I'd much rather pour some boiling water in a mug and whack some instant into it. :biggrin1:

Yup.

I never use electric coffee makers. I pour some boiling water over some "real" ground coffee beans, using a melitta cone over my mug. Delish.

If I'm going all out I use a French Press, but that takes a minute longer. So tasty, though.

^ Hmmm, sounds nice. :)

I think Brits haven't got the knack of coffee yet, hehe. We're way better at tea. :p

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whats the point of instant full stop, tastes wrong.