December 21, 2012

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
People claim the "End of the World" but I believe that its not going to end, per say.... but the Earth, sun and moon will be lined up with the absolute center of the Milky Way, which could spawn huge meteorological drama. This hasn't happened in 24,000 years, that's all.

I know the Mayan calendar ends. But what others warn of doom in December 2012?

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People claim the "End of the World" but I believe that its not going to end, per say.... but the Earth, sun and moon will be lined up with the absolute center of the Milky Way, which could spawn huge meteorological drama. This hasn't happened in 24,000 years, that's all.

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but if you are, here's what's wrong with this:
Firstly, it's "per se," not "per say."
Secondly, how the fuck will three celestial bodies lining up with the center of the Milky Way fuck with the weather?

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but if you are, here's what's wrong with this:
Firstly, it's "per se," not "per say."
Secondly, how the fuck will three celestial bodies lining up with the center of the Milky Way fuck with the weather?

Something along the lines of a super-massize black hole has a super-massive gravity force which effects the solar flares that interfere with the Earth's magnetic field...seems reasonable if you believe the black hole's gravity really is that massive, which it is

All things with mass have a gravitational effect on all other things with mass even if they're billions of light years away. That includes you. The effect decreases with distance, but never goes away entirely.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Something along the lines of a super-massize black hole has a super-massive gravity force which effects the solar flares that interfere with the Earth's magnetic field...seems reasonable if you believe the black hole's gravity really is that massive, which it is

However, the way the galaxy and solar system are set up, the Earth is between the galaxy's center and the sun for a period of time every year. I also know that currently the solar cycle is in a quiet phase, but even in more active parts of the cycle, nothing catastrophic has happened when the Earth has passed between the sun and the galaxy's center.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Fuck No, do you hear me...FUCK NO! These people already claimed the year 2000 and four dates before that. They no longer get to lay a claim on any fucking date. It is done and they need to be shut down. You get one...ONE date and that is it. If the date goes by, and it did, then your group has to shut the fuck up and say they are losers and don't know shit about anything.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Theoretically, if the gravity pull is enough, the Earths poles are going to move from their current place. When this happens, all hell will break loose with the weather. There will be Tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanos will erupt that make Krakatoa look like a snap cap.
Basically, total destruction from air, land and sea.

That is just science. But remember, I said if...

I wonder when it will happen. Dec. 21st, but on whoose watch? That means that it could already start happening by the 20th in our part of the world.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuck No, do you hear me...FUCK NO! These people already claimed the year 2000 and four dates before that. They no longer get to lay a claim on any fucking date. It is done and they need to be shut down. You get one...ONE date and that is it. If the date goes by, and it did, then your group has to shut the fuck up and say they are losers and don't know shit about anything.

What people? The religious freaks? They dont count. This is science. The alingment will happen. That is a fact. How it will effect the Earth is still up in the air. We just have theories, no definites. And I hope those are wrong. :frown1:

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I agree. I know a crazy guy who bought a shotgun and he thought that we'd have total anarchy on the year 2000 on New Year's eve. I bet him a largeish amount of money that nothing would happen and I won! :biggrin1:

As far as the end of the world theories go they've never been correct ever.