Declining penis size over generations

Jjdov27_2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I’d always considered the idea that average penis size was declining over the last, say, 60 or 80 years was just talk.

medical studies of average penis size declined from 6.5 (when I read the books in the early 90s, to 6”, then to 5.75” but the time I was out of college… to 5.5” or 5.25” of today.

I figured that was because the studies got better (less selection bias, less self reported measurements, broader range of body types). And still figure that’s the real reason.

but there were always rumors that average size was actually declining. Perhaps by exposure to plastics and chemicals. Or food eaten by mothers when pregnant.

Like I said, I don’t consider these to be credible in general. But I happened across nude photos of men from the World War 2 era and before. Things like soldiers swimming. Images of multiple men in the same shot, natural and not staged. It was on a forum here, it I don’t remember which one. Anyway, I noticed that most of the men in the images looked better hung than the average guys I’ve seen in the gym in my generation.

it just got me to thinking: could average size be declining generally? Has anyone noticed something like that, either in photos like I saw, or in lived experience for the senior guys here?

MODERATOR REMINDER: Reminder that LPSG has Zero Tolerance for Underage Content or Discussion. https://www.lpsg.com/threads/important-reminder-we-have-zero-tolerance-for-underage-content.4848471/ Please ensure that any content you post and/or link/attach does not mention or contain anything about ages under 18 or allude to such. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Serpentlike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It is proven that bpa in plastic acts as an estrogen and can stunt penile development. Plastic is in everything now. No doubt it is having this effect and will continue to.

AceWilde

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'd love to see more data on the methodology of the studies and if they've change over time. Because I do remember hearing something a while back about how average size declined once they went to clinical measurements over self reporting. LOL Also would be interested in if the studies were worldwide or not, as there's a lot more things you have to account for in a worldwide population (malnutrition, toxic chemicals nearby, genetics) that can all effect size and bring the average down. There's also the rise in obesity, which would reduce the size for a number of men. I think it's a very complicated issue to find one reason for.

Jjdov27_2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It’s definitely complicated, for sure. Made more so because folks with a pew-existing stake in things like pollution or obesity can easily amplify a theory to buttress their cause.

doesn’t mean it’s not true. But might be exaggerated “for the cause”

I’d be interested in hearing from men who are over 60… who might have some memory of “common showers” from several generations ago and whether the typical group of men seemed to hang lower back then.

of course, this wouldn’t be dispositive either, since it would be subjective and anecdotal. But would be interesting.

Hakan1

Superior Member
Media
Just from feelings I would say the opposite. I have an 8 inch cock, Im 31 and those in my age group that I have seen were much smaller than me. Nowadays almost all young males that I see have huge flopping cocks. But that is only my personal observation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aphradight

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It is possible that population in current areas are expanding? Maybe if those populations are smaller, and their populations grow, then more people with small penises are being born than populations with large penises. Hence the average is decreasing.

Jack Bull

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just from feelings I would say the opposite. I have an 8 inch cock, Im 31 and those in my age group that I have seen were much smaller than me. Nowadays almost all young males that I see have huge flopping cocks. But that is only my personal observation.
Just because they're tugging on it more lol

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I also read this in more than one place, none of which were click-bait-y. I'll see whether I can find the citation.
Doctors say COVID can cause erectile dysfunction, and they're calling on men to get vaccinated to 'save the future boners'

This article talks about increased ED in Covid patients, but no mention of shrinkage. However, since Covid does impact vascular tissue, it's possible I guess that maybe the corpus cavernosum doesn't get as much circulation, so erection quality and inflation could be impacted.

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Consider another root cause: Obesity in America.

This epidemic started when schools stopped teaching home economics as a school subject. Feminists, at the time of this change, cheered because they felt that this would free women to pursue other actions.

Instead, schools should have made the subject, along with other life skills, compulsory, Personally I am appalled when I see anyone from shows like "My 600 lb Life".

Obese men have a large fat pad, which hides part of the penis, so it appears to be farther inside the body, because it has been obscured by fat. If most of America wants a bigger penis, try losing 50 or 100 or more pounds.

Reactions: ronin001