Decoding The Past - Doomsday 2012

Jimbo

Experimental Member
Media
Lake Los Angeles (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Doomsday? Hardly. Actually it is the beginning of a new, more ascended, and higher vibrational reality for this planet. The "DOOMSDAY" is a negative spin being perpetrated by those currently in control who are in their "end game" and are getting desperate to try everything to maintain the "status quo".

Here are two excellent sites, the first is more at the "physical" level and the other at a more spiritual level of information.

2012 Unlimited

Join us for the Party at the End of the World!! - Dr. Michael Sharp

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Actually in the in the higher levels of reality "outside time" makes perfect sense and physical movement as such means nothing. While we as spirits are embodied in a 3-D form in a 3-D reality, time and space are constructs (more like constraints) that define only THIS reality. Those embodied here that are especially tuned to their spiritual side, transcend this time-space bound reality and go "outside" of it easily. They see everything as a "present moment" and that is why they can "predict" the future or easily access "past" events or lives because as far as they are concerned, time does NOT exist.

Absolutely! I just didn't know how to express it like this in my other post.
The rational mind only sees time-space continuum, but if you transcend that, the rational is exactly irrational.

When I meditate, I sometimes loose all sense of time. It is as if I have no concept of what it is to be in time. The opposite of time is the constant present. I didn't distinguish between past, present and future. There is no interval of movement outside the time-space continuum.

One of my favorite songs: Beyond Time (Blank and Jones, chillout mix)

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Things may not move outside of time. It could be that are no intervals of movement outside of time. There may be spaces outside of time.

The human mind can't comprehend the notion of "outside of time". It's an irrational idea.

Or there may be nothing outside of time and the only thing that exists is this universe and that which is in it.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Actually in the in the higher levels of reality "outside time" makes perfect sense and physical movement as such means nothing. While we as spirits are embodied in a 3-D form in a 3-D reality, time and space are constructs (more like constraints) that define only THIS reality. Those embodied here that are especially tuned to their spiritual side, transcend this time-space bound reality and go "outside" of it easily. They see everything as a "present moment" and that is why they can "predict" the future or easily access "past" events or lives because as far as they are concerned, time does NOT exist.

That's just metaphysical nonsense. You have no evidence for any of it. So my guess is the only reason you believe those things is because it makes sense to you and fills in the blanks of your spirituality/theology. That may make you feel better about believing other things for which there is no evidence but that doesn't make it reality.

Believing a supposition with no evidence will leave you with questions that you must fill in order to give the primary supposition verisimilitude. Since the primary supposition has no valid evidence that means you have to contrive answers, or better yet apply other people's contrived answers, to fill the gaps. It is irrational to do that.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Just because something is "irrational" doesn't mean it can't be true.
It could be that the rational mind was given to the human race for survival reasons only.

Beyond time, my friend, beyond time...:wink:

Thinking such as yours is precisely what has gotten the human race into so much hot water, especially lately.

GW Bush is the prime example.

There were no WMD's in Iraq.
Saddam had nothing to do with 9-11
The courts in Iraq weren't good enough for Blackwater but they were apparently good enough to let them put Saddam on trial and hang him.
the list could go on and on with current irrational thinking. We've collectively tossed out evidence as the standard in which to make decisions and doing so is killing us.

I will advocate for us all to embrace an evidence based reality till I die. Your example does nothing but encourage others to believe what can never be proven and although you may see the particular point you've made as harmless it's not. We have to draw the line somewhere, and if we do not apply it we'll continue on the route we have been.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Thinking such as yours is precisely what has gotten the human race into so much hot water, especially lately.

GW Bush is the prime example.

There were no WMD's in Iraq.
Saddam had nothing to do with 9-11
The courts in Iraq weren't good enough for Blackwater but they were apparently good enough to let them put Saddam on trial and hang him.
the list could go on and on with current irrational thinking. We've collectively tossed out evidence as the standard in which to make decisions and doing so is killing us.

I will advocate for us all to embrace an evidence based reality till I die. Your example does nothing but encourage others to believe what can never be proven and although you may see the particular point you've made as harmless it's not. We have to draw the line somewhere, and if we do not apply it we'll continue on the route we have been.

Does a rational mind believe in capitalism? Does a rational mind believe in the concept of money? Does the rational mind believe in war? What is it to think rationally?

Just because something can't be proven doesn't mean it can't be true.

Oh, by the way, I think the Mayan calendar is interesting, but I'm not giving much credence to it.:biggrin1:

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only thing unique on Dec 21st 2012 is the planest will line up in a certian way that only happends every 20 thousand years.

Will there be a doomsday for us??? Oh yeah! The Poles will shift one day and will destroy our civilization and much life in hours. It could happen next week or the next million years.

The thing about predictions like that and Nostrodamause, is people forget how many of those perdictions do not come true.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Does a rational mind believe in capitalism? Does a rational mind believe in the concept of money? Does the rational mind believe in war? What is it to think rationally?

Just because something can't be proven doesn't mean it can't be true.

Oh, by the way, I think the Mayan calendar is interesting, but I'm not giving much credence to it.:biggrin1:

Capitalism, money, war all exist. Whether or not they are viable or useful depends upon ones intentions. To embrace those things if they are at odds with your intentions would be irrational but to simply 'believe' in them for what they are is not.

according to Dictionary.com
ra·tion·al –adjective 1.agreeable to reason; reasonable; sensible: a rational plan for economic development. 2.having or exercising reason, sound judgment, or good sense: a calm and rational negotiator. 3.being in or characterized by full possession of one's reason; sane; lucid: The patient appeared perfectly rational. 4.endowed with the faculty of reason: rational beings. 5.of, pertaining to, or constituting reasoning powers: the rational faculty. 6.proceeding or derived from reason or based on reasoning: a rational explanation.

Reason - sound judgment; good sense.

So tell me is it 'sensible' or 'sound judgment' to believe something exists or is true when there is no evidence to say one way or another?

OR would it be more sensible or better judgement to simply not decide one way or another till there is evidence to make a more informed decision about it?

OR better yet if the subject is never likely to be resolved due to the nature of the subject and there is no evidence to make an informed decision why not just live your life as if it doesn't matter at all?

Jimbo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
That's just metaphysical nonsense. You have no evidence for any of it. So my guess is the only reason you believe those things is because it makes sense to you and fills in the blanks of your spirituality/theology. That may make you feel better about believing other things for which there is no evidence but that doesn't make it reality.

Believing a supposition with no evidence will leave you with questions that you must fill in order to give the primary supposition verisimilitude. Since the primary supposition has no valid evidence that means you have to contrive answers, or better yet apply other people's contrived answers, to fill the gaps. It is irrational to do that.

Actually, I DO have evidence of it based on meditative practice (which has been practiced for centuries with similar reports of transcending this time/space reality) but if you want hard proof in a science based in 3-D then you will NEVER have absolute proof since the measuring devices are limited by their 3-D physics. However, even our latest 3-D science in the form of quantum mechanics can "peek" into these higher levels and shows that things CAN be in two places at once and that there are particles that travel faster than light.

You need to sincerely TRY some advanced consciousness techniques before you say it ain't so and not just blindly contradict because YOU never experienced it. At one time, the great "scientific minds" of the day taught us the earth was FLAT. Venture out beyond the 3-D "horizon" and discover for YOURSELF.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Actually, I DO have evidence of it based on meditative practice (which has been practiced for centuries with similar reports of transcending this time/space reality) but if you want hard proof in a science based in 3-D then you will NEVER have absolute proof since the measuring devices are limited by their 3-D physics. However, even our latest 3-D science in the form of quantum mechanics can "peek" into these higher levels and shows that things CAN be in two places at once and that there are particles that travel faster than light.

You need to sincerely TRY some advanced consciousness techniques before you say it ain't so and not just blindly contradict because YOU never experienced it. At one time, the great "scientific minds" of the day taught us the earth was FLAT. Venture out beyond the 3-D "horizon" and discover for YOURSELF.

Perhaps before you combine spirituality with quantum physics by relying on the illinformed interpretations of yourself or of others, who are likely to be trying to sell you something, you should get a real education in quantum physics from an actual college class rather than making the same mistake as many others by taking your flawed ideology from pseudo-science like "What the Bleep", "The Secret", or people such as Deepak Chopra.

Jimbo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Perhaps before you combine spirituality with quantum physics by relying on the illinformed interpretations of yourself or of others, who are likely to be trying to sell you something, you should get a real education in quantum physics from an actual college class rather than making the same mistake as many others by taking your flawed ideology from pseudo-science like "What the Bleep", "The Secret", or people such as Deepak Chopra.

Taking a college class in quantum "whatever' for total understanding in the areas i am describing is of NO USE. You label What the Bleep which attempts to use our quantum physic/mechanic-related scientific paradigms to give SOME idea as to what is REALLY going on as pseudo-science when the REALITY is that the so-called HARD science CAN"T explain it or comes to "dead ends" all the time. So in your close-minded logic, any ideology that gets to the TRUE essence of this reality that YOU can't identify with is automatically FLAWED because it doesn't agree with the limited 3-D science of the day? Some things just CAN'T be quantified using tools that inherently not suited for the task. Sorta like trying to explain dry land to a fish who has never been to the surface.

I for one don't NEED any asinine, dumbed down college class to be able to experience what others connected to their higher sense of spirituality have experienced FOR CENTURIES but i learn from those in the present day who want to SHARE how to reach and experience elevated states of consciousness having done it themselves. However, the first step is that you have to be open minded enough to understand that there are other realities other than what you can measure/predict in a 3-D laboratory. So i tried it. And guess what? I did NOT fall off the edge of the earth but can now begin to see what the icons and teachings of the vast majority of all spiritual practices and ancient cultures has stated REALLY exists according to UNIVERSAL LAWS, not what some restrictive 3-D "lab" theory labels as the "truth" and teaches in college physics classes. I chose to EXPAND like many others who are now "getting it" thanks to tools like the Secret and people like Wayne Dyer and a host of others. But to tell me that I did NOT experience what I have experienced because YOU haven't or don't believe it or because our limited science has not "validated it", is really of no revelence or importance to any other individual who HAS. So if you want to stay where you are consciously and MISS what really makes living in this reality wonderful, that is your choice. I chose to come out of my mental cave.

jnp

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just like I'm supposed to already be dead from Y2K...it's bull crap.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Taking a college class in quantum "whatever' for total understanding in the areas i am describing is of NO USE. You label What the Bleep which attempts to use our quantum physic/mechanic-related scientific paradigms to give SOME idea as to what is REALLY going on as pseudo-science when the REALITY is that the so-called HARD science CAN"T explain it or comes to "dead ends" all the time. So in your close-minded logic, any ideology that gets to the TRUE essence of this reality that YOU can't identify with is automatically FLAWED because it doesn't agree with the limited 3-D science of the day? Some things just CAN'T be quantified using tools that inherently not suited for the task. Sorta like trying to explain dry land to a fish who has never been to the surface.

I for one don't NEED any asinine, dumbed down college class to be able to experience what others connected to their higher sense of spirituality have experienced FOR CENTURIES but i learn from those in the present day who want to SHARE how to reach and experience elevated states of consciousness having done it themselves. However, the first step is that you have to be open minded enough to understand that there are other realities other than what you can measure/predict in a 3-D laboratory. So i tried it. And guess what? I did NOT fall off the edge of the earth but can now begin to see what the icons and teachings of the vast majority of all spiritual practices and ancient cultures has stated REALLY exists according to UNIVERSAL LAWS, not what some restrictive 3-D "lab" theory labels as the "truth" and teaches in college physics classes. I chose to EXPAND like many others who are now "getting it" thanks to tools like the Secret and people like Wayne Dyer and a host of others. But to tell me that I did NOT experience what I have experienced because YOU haven't or don't believe it or because our limited science has not "validated it", is really of no revelence or importance to any other individual who HAS. So if you want to stay where you are consciously and MISS what really makes living in this reality wonderful, that is your choice. I chose to come out of my mental cave.

Just because you have had a mental experience doesn't make it reality. The brain is the receptor of your senses and that is interpreted by your mind. It is true that you can make yourself think and feel all sorts of things, and create incredible experiences. That doesn't mean that it will manifest itself in the real world or that it exists anywhere but in your head. What you are doing is flirting with intentional self-delusion. If that make you happy then have at it. It's just your mind, brain centers that don't get used very often, and the stimulation of peptide creation making you physically feel things. Nothing more.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I for one don't NEED any asinine, dumbed down college class to be able to experience what others connected to their higher sense of spirituality have experienced FOR CENTURIES

Another brilliant ironclad argument. Anything agreed upon by people for centuries, and arrived at only through personal experience, must be true. So all those people who have claimed to have close personal relationships with God or profound religious experiences that confirmed to them that Christianity was real must have been right, because they've been saying so for centuries. For that matter, Muslim are right, Buddhists are right, Hindus are right, Taoists are right, etc. People who relied on their own personal experience for hundreds of years (CENTURIES!! :eek:) to know that the Earth was flat were all right, too. Yeah, great argument.

Jimbo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Another brilliant ironclad argument. Anything agreed upon by people for centuries, and arrived at only through personal experience, must be true. So all those people who have claimed to have close personal relationships with God or profound religious experiences that confirmed to them that Christianity was real must have been right, because they've been saying so for centuries. For that matter, Muslim are right, Buddhists are right, Hindus are right, Taoists are right, etc. People who relied on their own personal experience for hundreds of years (CENTURIES!! :eek:) to know that the Earth was flat were all right, too. Yeah, great argument.

Why just quote a PART of my response out of context in an attempt to make your point? KEEP READING. To paraphrase, I said I TRIED it to CONFIRM for myself what they were/are trying to explain in words. I wanted proof and then EXPERIENCED it, not just by buying into the fact they SAID it exists on blind faith (or that is does NOT exist for that matter).

As a matter of fact most people DID NOT rely on their PERSONAL experiences to determine if the earth was flat as you stated. They believed the "scientists" of the day on faith and when people they knew sailed over the horizon and got LOST AT SEA it was ASSUMED they must've fallen off to "confirm" it. Then someone decided to EXPAND beyond the accepted "truth" and actually used personal experiences to REFUTE the flat earth theory just like most advances like AIR FLIGHT and other "impossible" inventions we now take for granted were created/discovered.

If you are going to debate me, please use MY COMPLETE discussion, not some "out of context snippet" or twist what i say to match your logic like your "flat earth" comment. As far as BRILLIANCE, your response shows NONE.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Why just quote a PART of my response out of context in an attempt to make your point? KEEP READING. To paraphrase, I said I TRIED it to CONFIRM for myself what they were/are trying to explain in words. I wanted proof and then EXPERIENCED it, not just by buying into the fact they SAID it exists on blind faith (or that is does NOT exist for that matter).

As a matter of fact most people DID NOT rely on their PERSONAL experiences to determine if the earth was flat as you stated. They believed the "scientists" of the day on faith and when people they knew sailed over the horizon and got LOST AT SEA it was ASSUMED they must've fallen off to "confirm" it. Then someone decided to EXPAND beyond the accepted "truth" and actually used personal experiences to REFUTE the flat earth theory just like most advances like AIR FLIGHT and other "impossible" inventions we now take for granted were created/discovered.

If you are going to debate me, please use MY COMPLETE discussion, not some "out of context snippet" or twist what i say to match your logic like your "flat earth" comment. As far as BRILLIANCE, your response shows NONE.

Personally I'm not questioning that people have experiences of the kind you're talking about. What I question is the conclusions drawn from them. What use is an 'elevated state of consciousness' if it can't be shown to be anything more than natural electro/chemical phenomena in the brain, and not a special connection to anything external, just the brain doing what it does? Now I'm not stating that it's not "unusual" in the sense that it may not happen very often, or only when the brain is tapping into certain brain centers that it doesn't stimulate very often, but it's still Natural all the same. But what use is it and why bother?