decorated air force lt. col. loses job/benefits

Obama's administration passes the buck on this issue as it has with all other gay issues: all talk and no action. The Obama administration will do nothing because they claim that only Congress has the authority to rescind the ban even though it was President Clinton, not Congress, who created the policy. Just yesterday, the President's solicitor appeared before the Supreme Court to defend the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy!

There is no way the military will take him back without Presidential authorization and that ain't happening.

Once again, gays have been sold down the river by the people who allegedly support them. Get used to it.

I would love every gay service person to come out at once. See what happens then.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Rachel interviewed this guy:

YouTube - Rachel Maddow 2009-05-19 Don't Ask Don't Tell

Interview starts 3:20

Rachel says Obama, through executive action, has the authority to issue a moratorium on firing gay military personnel until the policy is reviewed, but Obama seems to be doing nothing. I thought Obama had a secret game plan, but after the Justice Deptartment's OLC helped defend "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" recently, I'm not so sure anymore.

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
folks at SLDN (Servicemember's Legal Defense Network) are baffled and disappointed as well. i've been on their email list for several years and have seen the mood change from hope (at the time of the nov. 2008 election) to the current frustration. a bill in the house, to end DADT, with much bipartisan support, was ready to go last year.

rep. ellen tauscher (d-calif.) has reintroduced legislation to repeal DADT. tauscher’s bill attracted 148 co-sponsors last year.

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid86855.asp

polls show that a majority of americans, AND a majority of military families, now support the repeal of DADT.
obama may actually lose political ground by NOT making this "his" baby.

Last edited:

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Truly despicable and I certainly hope the Lt. is able to parlay his experience into something beneficial for the cause.

SEXXXX

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Can somebody fill me in on WHO outed him? Can't find a straight answer on the web

No offense, how would we analyze without first hand story?

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can somebody fill me in on WHO outed him? Can't find a straight answer on the web

No offense, how would we analyze without first hand story?

i dunno, but kindof seems like wondering where rosa parks was going when she refused to give up her seat on the bus. does it really matter? supposedly fehrenbach was outed by a "civilian acquaintance", but even if he had
outed himself voluntarily, does that make his case any less valid in the long run?

Last edited:

SEXXXX

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i dunno, but kindof seems like wondering where rosa parks was going on the bus when she sat in the whites only section. does it really matter? supposedly fehrenbach was outed by a "civilian acquaintance".

Some just can not jump straight into conclusion without more background

Last edited:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This pisses me off. We are missing a great American in our service because of this.

We are missing over 12,500 of him. We have recruited over 4,000 convicted felons because we've had to relax recruitment standards to meet necessary personnel numbers. This is a travesty.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rachel interviewed this guy:

YouTube - Rachel Maddow 2009-05-19 Don't Ask Don't Tell

Interview starts 3:20

Rachel says Obama, through executive action, has the authority to issue a moratorium on firing gay military personnel until the policy is reviewed, but Obama seems to be doing nothing. I thought Obama had a secret game plan, but after the Justice Deptartment's OLC helped defend "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" recently, I'm not so sure anymore.

So, WT...Obama is doing nothing...you thought he had a secret game plan...but, he was just lying. He is doing nothing for gays. Either in the military or on the issue of gay marriage. he is a liar and a politican, though a formidable one, just as i said in the thread below...

do you remember this thread?

"This is hopeful to me. This is the Barack I've come to know."

http://www.lpsg.org/133062-obamas-handwritten-letter-regarding-dont.html

hate to rain on your parade and say "I told you so"...but come on. Did you really expect he was telling you the truth on that one?

Did you expect he was going to waste political capital on the gay community? He knows he has the gay vote sewn up and doesn't even have to do anything for them...who else are they going to vote for? The Gingrich, Limbaugh cabal of intolerance?

He is not going anywhere near gays in the military/Don't Ask Don't Tell during his tenure in office, whether it lasts 4 years or 8 years. We are going to be at war for quite awhile in Iraq and Afghanistan...he is not touching this issue anytime remotely soon...if ever.

Last edited:

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He is not going anywhere near gays in the military/Don't Ask Don't Tell during his tenure in office, whether it lasts 4 years or 8 years. We are going to be at war for quite awhile in Iraq and Afghanistan...he is not touching this issue anytime remotely soon...if ever.

i think obama will get around to it in 2010 ( at least that's what the folks at SLDN seem to think at this point) i believe obama feels going after DADT would jeopardize his health care legislation and getting his supreme court nominee appointed. however, unless backroom deals have been cut, this issue could actually erode some support for obama on the hill among democrats. part of obama's base is already outraged, as part of that (early supporter) base i need to caution myself to be skeptical of the "endgame" intentions of the media regarding obama. but then again the facts ARE the facts...

(...and whilst dredging....obama's choice of rev. rick warren to deliver the invocation at the inauguration, with all the possible choices for that, did seem foreboding, even in january.)

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suspect you're right Flashy.

yup...and in 6 more weeks, we'll hear another story about another decorated military man or woman who is gay, run out of the service...while Obama does nothing, and folks like Willtom and others look on in confusion, and, sadly, we will say the exact same things in that thread, as we have said in this one and the thread from 4 weeks before this.

the only difference will be in degrees of disillusionment for those that actually believed he was sincere and those that saw his promises for what they were...

from the article on the USS Cole families:

"I did not vote for the man, but the way he talks to you, you can't help but believe in him," said John Clodfelter to the New York Times. His son, Kenneth, was killed in the Cole bombing. "[Mr. Obama] left me with a very positive feeling that he's going to get this done right."

-

as we all know...believing what someone tells you, when it comes to politicians, should be substituted with the more realistic mantra of "seeing is believing".

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think obama will get around to it in 2010 ( at least that's what the folks at SLDN seem to think at this point) i believe obama feels going after DADT would jeopardize his health care legislation and getting his supreme court nominee appointed. however, unless backroom deals have been cut, this issue could actually erode some support for obama on the hill among democrats.

he won't do it in 2010.

He cannot touch this, if he ever intended to, while US troops are at war.

It will never happen while US troops are fighting.

never.

It will give him a worse bloody nose than Clinton got, and we were not at war when Clinton tried it.

US combat troops aren't going to be fully home from Iraq and Afghanistan for years.

He will get bludgeoned if he tries it under war circumstances. The one thing he is afraid of is looking weak on defense. All democrats have been afraid of that since LBJ. Especially now, more than ever, there is no way he will do anything that might in anyway antagonize or upset the military. Republicans will go nuts, conservative democrats will go nuts, and he will have an open congressional public hissy fit on his hands in the middle of a war.

that does not work out well, ever.

He is not touching this and cannot touch it, if he ever intended to, any time before the last troops stop major combat operations in IRaq and Afghanistan.

and that is not going to happen for years.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yup...and in 6 more weeks, we'll hear another story about another decorated military man or woman who is gay, run out of the service...while Obama does nothing, and folks like Willtom and others look on in confusion, and, sadly, we will say the exact same things in that thread, as we have said in this one and the thread from 4 weeks before this.

the only difference will be in degrees of disillusionment for those that actually believed he was sincere and those that saw his promises for what they were...

from the article on the USS Cole families:

"I did not vote for the man, but the way he talks to you, you can't help but believe in him," said John Clodfelter to the New York Times. His son, Kenneth, was killed in the Cole bombing. "[Mr. Obama] left me with a very positive feeling that he's going to get this done right."

-

as we all know...believing what someone tells you, when it comes to politicians, should be substituted with the more realistic mantra of "seeing is believing".

The continued mystification and bewilderment of the drones time after time, lie after spurious lie, is baffling to say the least.

I won't even bring up his customary about-face on exec comp yesterday.

Oh, then again, maybe I will.