Deep Purple..how come no Hall of Fame?

D_VictorVikkiTielVictoria

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's recently come to my attention that rock giants, Deep Purple are NOT
in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. Can you fucking believe it???
WTF is up with that?
These guys were one of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time.
Songs like Smoke On The Water, Highway Star, Burn, and many more
Deep Purple is ignored year after year.
Oh, but that slut Madonna is in the hall.
Tell me the last time she ever made a rock record.
No respect

Discuss

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't know, maybe to much smokin on the water. They were great but all time, that would be hard to call for any classic rock band. I agree with you about the Material Girl.

Last edited:

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
I KNOW EH?, what the fuck is up with that?, the only thing that comes to mind is that they weren't that popular in the United States, but that Mark II was amazing, and Burn is a fucking great album. If it wasn't for Ritchie Blackmore I wouldn't be playing guitar, Child In Time has an amazing solo, in my opinion he was the best guitarist of the hard rock bands of the seventies, his fluidity is amazing. The thing that screwed them was they didn't write Stairway.

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
They're as influential (or moreso) as any classic rock band. Deep Purple are the godfathers of heavy metal. NOT Led Zeppelin.

They pretty much invented speed metal, I mean black sabbath was heavier, but they had a groove to them, they were more bluesy, whereas DP had more classical elements thrown in with the blues, which set them apart. I love Lord's solo in Highway Star and those baroque-ish arpeggios.