Deepthroating Tips

Blowbud

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
After reading another forum -- where post after post said that deepthroating was rare -- I felt compelled to offer my two cents.

I'm an older gay guy who's had lots of deepthroating experience over the years, and I think I've picked up a thing or two (no penicillin jokes please). I'm also curious to see if anyone agrees or disagrees with me.

In this discussion, BOTTOMS are the suckERs and TOPS are the suckEEs.

This may sound like a copout -- speaking as a bottom -- but I think most deepthroating problems are caused by the actions of the top.

Tip 1. Mind the Gag Reflex. It's my view that the gag reflex is dormant unless disturbed. And once disturbed, it's nearly impossible to get it to calm down. For the bottom, it's all about staying relaxed and breathing normally. But the top is really in control, and the best ones try not to trigger things.

Tip 2. Let the bottom breathe. I've had fun with well-hung tops who've never been throated. I start out with a normal BJ, then when the time is right, I go all the way down. They are usually quite surprised -- and often thrilled -- but the mistake they then make is to grab the back of my head, shove their dick all the way down -- and keep it there. Though hot in concept (lol), eventually the bottom needs to breathe. And there's something about the gasping action that tightens up all the throat muscles and triggers the gag reflex. The bottom pulls back violently, coughs, and in many cases, the party's over.

Better for the top to do two or three regular strokes, then just one deep one, maybe two, then three regulars, one deep, three regulars, one deep, etc. You can stay deep a little extra time, but pull back before the bottom starts gasping for air. When the top gets in sync with the bottom's breathing rhythm, he can keep going for hours.

Tip 3. Let the bottom do the work. In most cases, especially for a first encounter, I think it's best for the top to remain still, and for the bottom to do all the motion. I like the top to be standing or leaning against a wall -- or seated on the edge of a bed or couch (with me on my knees). This way, with the bottom holding both sides of the top's pelvis, the angles are right, and it's fairly easy for the bottom to mind his own gag reflex and breathing. I like tops to lightly touch or hold my head with their hands, but not to grab it hard and push it down on their cock.

Tip 4. The angle of the dangle. For me, cocks that curve slightly downward are the easiest to swallow. For up-curving cocks, it's probably better to get into a 69 position, with the top on his back. Another position to try -- for any shaped cock -- is for the bottom to lay face up on a bed, with his head hanging over the edge slightly, mouth open. The top stands near the bed and slides his cock into the open mouth.

Tip 5. THE AMAZING TOP TECHNIQUE. I once encountered a super-well-hung guy at a sex club. At first glance, I thought throating would be impossible, but he had a technique that proved me wrong. Here's what he did: he stuck his hard cock in my mouth, just part way -- as far as it would naturally, comfortably go. Then he took hold of the back of my head (at the top of my neck) and pulled it toward him, pushing my forehead into his stomach. Mind you, he didn't push my head down on his cock at all -- his cock was in its perfectly comfortable position, and that stayed intact as my head got to his stomach. Then he pulled my forehead against his stomach, kind of rolling the top of my skull gently into his torso (hard to explain). Anyway, with his upper torso and my head totally motionless he then flexed just his pelvis and his cock went all the way down my throat. Not only was it not difficult to swallow, but it was surprisingly comfortable. He was well aware of my breathing and pulled out, let me take a breath, then went back in. He was in total control, and I was amazed that it never made me gag. (has anyone else ever done it this way?)

funcub

1st Like
Media
Those are some good tips, blowbud, and I'm glad to see somebody uses the sames tricks (no pun intended) I do. I've never really had a problem with a gag reflex, but the breathing point has definitely happened a lot. And I have pretty good lung capacity but sometimes when guys have never been throated, they lose all sense of everything and I practically have to bench press them off of me.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Go to just about any adult store and pick up some "Good Head." From what I gather, it numbs the gag relfex some. You can get a lot deeper with this stuff, gauranteed.

Blowbud

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Lex@Aug 14 2005, 08:02 AM
Y'know the few times I have been deep-throated have not been 100% comfortable. Most people's throats just aren't built to accommodate 8.5 inches, me thinks.
[post=335417]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree. I've met several well-hung men who've said they hate being throated -- but mostly because every eager oral bottom they meet sees their size and feels they must TRY to swallow it -- usually unsuccessfully.

I've also met one or two guys who ONLY like being deepthroated -- but they dont say so up front. I'm down there trying to warm them up with all my best tricks (wink), but for them the BJ hasn't started yet. They're totally silent as you're working away. Then you do one deep one and they start moaning and groaning. But, that's show biz, I guess.

Reactions: Nwnjcuriouswm

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I think deepthroating's overrated personally. The problem is, the most sensitive part of the penis is the glans and foreskin, which just happen to be at the end of my penis. Now, the tongue has a lot finer control at the end for some reason, which is right near my testicles.

In my experience the best blowjobs involve her hands too.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by rope9839@Aug 14 2005, 09:19 AM
Go to just about any adult store and pick up some "Good Head." From what I gather, it numbs the gag relfex some. You can get a lot deeper with this stuff, gauranteed.
[post=335408]Quoted post[/post]​

There's a big problem with Good Head. It's true that it numbs the throat allowing for deeper penetration, but after a couple of minutes of coming in contact with the residue in the mouth, the cock of the receiver of the blowjob is numb as well. I don't get any pleasure out of being deepthroated if my cock is too numb to feel anything.

benjiboner

Experimental Member
Media
Heres a question then..seeing as Ive never heard of this "good head" stuff...for straight guys, would putting "good head" on your cock to numb it make you last longer in bed? Has anyone ever tried that, or know anything to answer that question? Thanks :happy:

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Aug 14 2005, 05:34 PM
The problem is, the most sensitive part of the penis is the glans and foreskin, which just happen to be at the end of my penis.
[post=335480]Quoted post[/post]​
Yours is at the end too? I thought that was just me. ;)

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Aug 14 2005, 03:34 PM
I think deepthroating's overrated personally. The problem is, the most sensitive part of the penis is the glans and foreskin, which just happen to be at the end of my penis. Now, the tongue has a lot finer control at the end for some reason, which is right near my testicles.

In my experience the best blowjobs involve her hands too.
[post=335480]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe you've just never had the "right" deep throat job.......jonb. ahem, never mind, I'm ..........call me.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by benjiboner@Aug 15 2005, 09:13 PM
for straight guys, would putting "good head" on your cock to numb it make you last longer in bed?

With the lack of sensation, I'd be surprised if I could maintain an erection. With a numb wienie, I wouldn't last longer ... I'd have trouble getting started in the first place.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Aug 15 2005, 09:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Aug 15 2005, 09:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-benjiboner@Aug 15 2005, 09:13 PM
for straight guys, would putting "good head" on your cock to numb it make you last longer in bed?

With the lack of sensation, I&#39;d be surprised if I could maintain an erection. With a numb wienie, I wouldn&#39;t last longer ... I&#39;d have trouble getting started in the first place.
[post=335858]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
And how long you last doesn&#39;t matter in oral sex. Except that you feel better if you last longer. But the key is that&#39;s negated by numbing.

hungthick

Experimental Member
Media
i am going to have to try the forehead thing with my g/f because she gags trying to take me past her throat and a few times she has vomit unvoluntarily which is not appealing at all but i didndt make an issue of it. she said she is determined to deep throat me because she has always wanted to master that part of sex so i will try your suggestions because it just might work...will let you know, thanks.

AllDixNeedLuv69

Superior Member
Media
Huntington (West Virginia, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i am going to have to try the forehead thing with my g/f because she gags trying to take me past her throat and a few times she has vomit unvoluntarily which is not appealing at all but i didndt make an issue of it. she said she is determined to deep throat me because she has always wanted to master that part of sex so i will try your suggestions because it just might work...will let you know, thanks.
i dont have a gag reflex-- but if i dont watch what i am doing ill have a sore throat for days---i have heard guys and girls getting some throat numbing spray like chloroseptic throat spray --spray it--let set--spray again and go for it---but be careful and dont force it all this does is help with the gag reflex

D

deleted994557

i dont have a gag reflex-- but if i dont watch what i am doing ill have a sore throat for days---i have heard guys and girls getting some throat numbing spray like chloroseptic throat spray --spray it--let set--spray again and go for it---but be careful and dont force it all this does is help with the gag reflex
The gagging can be quite fun tho ;)