Dee's in San Diego!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Martin van Burden, Apr 9, 2009.

1. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Hey everyone. It's pushing 11:00 p.m. here Pacific Time. I'm staying at the Hotel Solamar in the Gaslamp District in downtown San Diego. I traveled here to present findings about a new model to use when studying racial differences in upward economic mobility with two colleagues from the university. We're here tonight, tomorrow, and my friend and I are leaving town Friday afternoon to travel to Berkeley to visit another friend before returning to the desert.

I don't know who's here, or who's from here, or who's around. It's okay. Truth told, I usually have no reservations about meeting LPSGers, but it's feasible harder to do since I'm not travelling alone. I don't have much set up on the itinerary tomorrow save for a trip to the San Diego Zoo. (We passed up Sea World because it's about twice as much the admission!)

Notable notables. Driving in, we wanted to roll down the sand dunes on I-8. Also love driving through mountains. Lucky about rush hour. Had to cross two Border Patrol checkpoints. We groaned "American" when asked our citizenship a second time. Beautiful sunset at the harbor. It's now the backdrop on my cell phone. Enjoyed some great calamari at Currant, but felt deplorably gipped at Rock Bottom. I still don't get how you can fuck up a $20 11-ounce sirloin, but it happened. Still awake after less than four hours sleep, and I'm ready to CRASH. Hope the bed is comfy.

See you guys later.

2. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Be safe and have fun!

3. DGirl

Gold Member

what he said!!

4. camper joe

Gold Member

Dee does Cali.

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

Dee should do San Diego Zoo's game park north of all the cities before PCH forces him to get on 8 or something more frightening. Nothing like lions licking the passenger windows of your vehicle. Very catty.

6. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Ha ha. I went to the tamer (and free) Balboa Park this afternoon for some sightseeing in between conference sessions. It was great! Tons of art and wonderful vistas, flowers in bloom, and green green grass everywhere. I love how it's illegal to smoke in parks and beaches, so it was just great to be out there with all the sunshine. I have to take off early tomorrow morning. We're driving up Highway 1 to get to Berkeley.

7. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hi Dee:

I hope that you had fun in San Diego. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Draft saved Draft deleted