Defining penis size

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by comically, Aug 2, 2010.

1. comically

comically New Member

Albums:
    I'm fairly new to the LPSG and maybe my question has already been asked and answered many times before. If so, just let me know where so I can find it. If not, I'd like to know what qualifies one's penis as being large as opposed to average or above average, etc. Having read many guys' stats, I'm aware that I probably only just scrape in - at around 20cm erect - as "above average", but I'm not seeking reassurance about that - I'm just interested in knowing if there is actually any criteria for "large". And, as a matter of interest, is there such a thing as a Small Penis Support Group? Not planning to join - just wondering.

2. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes it called measurection.com

3. comically

comically New Member

Albums:
    Thanks Riven. Will check it out.:smile:

4. DeepDish

DeepDish Member

Albums:
  5. comically

comically New Member

Albums:
    Thanks DeepDish. That thread was both interesting and informative. I now feel comfortable about "belonging" on this site.

I also checked out the measurection site and was astonished that - according to some condom-manufacturer's research - the average erect cock is 5-6" (50% of study participants), with those less than 5" (25%) being considered below average and anything over 6" (25%)being categorised as above average.

I've not inspected thousands or even hundreds of erect penises but I've obviously been exceedingly fortunate in that those I have been up-close and personal with have all, bar just one, been at least 6" and well beyond. I'm wondering whether the "research" participants were all pygmies! Either that or the stats have been deliberately skewed to make guys in the 5-6" bracket feel good about their size.

Anyway, as we all know, it's not about what you have so much as how you use it!

6. DeepDish

DeepDish Member

Albums:
    Well look at it this way, the condom company did that study because they were interested in making condoms fit. They aren't interested in lying to make people feel good.

If the size stats are skewed in anyway, it is more likely that they are skewed "accidently" so that the numbers are larger than the "real world".

Basically the concept is called "selection bias" - it is more likely that bigger guys are going to show up to have their penises measured than smaller guys.

If you are interesting in more info on that Lifestyle Condom penis size study, there is a good website on it here:

Mr. Average - The true story about penis size, from a site that isn't trying to sell you anything.

#6 DeepDish, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  7. comically

comically New Member

Albums:
    Thanks, DeepDish. An informative site. I'd not previously thought about the probability that such surveys might be skewed by the proportion of confident "big and proud of it" types who would happily submit to a tape measure.

In my OP I was really only seeking to establish what parameters, if any, were in place when setting up a site called "Large Penis Support Group". I now have a good understanding of the stats that are out there but I still read comments on this site about how "small" or how "huge" people are and I wonder: "compared to what?"

Draft saved Draft deleted