Deja Vu, again?

D_Oldman Rivver

Experimental Member
Media
mephistopheles said:
That actually happens to me quite often. Lol, I used to think I was the only one!
Nice to meet another one with Deja Vu experiences like me. When it happens to me i feel disoriented, kinda light headed, for just a split second my eyes go out of focus(like i had been staring at something for a long time) Atfirst it was kinda startling, but now I quite enjoy it.

That's awsome!... exactly what i experience!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That feeling seems to be very similar to satori, an amazing feeling that kinda comes out of nowhere when one practices Zen meditation correctly. It can happen just sitting there doing nothing and is related to peeling away the layers of your personality trying to reach the essence of your true nature. Yes deja vu knocks one sideways when it happens for real, not just feeling like you've been here before, that is not real Deja Vu. Start to meditate properly and you might get some of those wierd quasi orgasmic experiences as well.

D_Oldman Rivver

Experimental Member
Media
tripod said:
That feeling seems to be very similar to satori, an amazing feeling that kinda comes out of nowhere when one practices Zen meditation correctly. It can happen just sitting there doing nothing and is related to peeling away the layers of your personality trying to reach the essence of your true nature. Yes deja vu knocks one sideways when it happens for real, not just feeling like you've been here before, that is not real Deja Vu. Start to meditate properly and you might get some of those wierd quasi orgasmic experiences as well.

Ill have to remember satori.....

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting that most of the deja vu experiences posted so far have been pleasant and/or euphoric.

I don't have deja vu as often as I used to, but it is still fairly frequent - and sometimes pleasant, sometimes not, sometimes downright uncomfortable. Of course, that all depends on what it is that "I have experienced before."

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Wonderboy said:
Deja vu is common.

It's more that people are in a routine and so after awhile you will get the feeling that you've been there before, because you have. Or something similar to it.

Thank God, Wonderboy. It happened to me in the bathroom again today. I was at the toilet, peeing, and I was suddenly struck with the strangest thought that I had done this before! :eek:

tygrrr

Just Browsing
Media
Pecker said:
I was at the toilet, peeing, and I was suddenly struck with the strangest thought that I had done this before! :eek:

That is quite a feat really if that was the first time you took a piss at the toilet :biggrin1: Was that after drinking a bottle of Deja Blue?

From the cyber-oracle Wikipedia: The term "déjà vu" describes the experience of feeling that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously. -

It goes on to say: The experience of déjà vu seems to be very common; in formal studies 70% or more of the population report having experienced it at least once.

I also found out at Wikipedia that my experiences are more correctly termed déjà visité and déjà vécu. So THERE! :cool: I can't help it, I like stuff that's a bit out of the ordinary (like also the hugely hung).

Those of you who by now have had enough of this thread can join the Spice Girls in singing "tell me will this déjà vu ever end..."

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
tygrrr said:
That is quite a feat really if that was the first time you took a piss at the toilet :biggrin1: Was that after drinking a bottle of Deja Blue?

From the cyber-oracle Wikipedia: The term "déjà vu" describes the experience of feeling that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously. -

It goes on to say: The experience of déjà vu seems to be very common; in formal studies 70% or more of the population report having experienced it at least once.

I also found out at Wikipedia that my experiences are more correctly termed déjà visité and déjà vécu. So THERE! :cool: I can't help it, I like stuff that's a bit out of the ordinary (like also the hugely hung).

Those of you who by now have had enough of this thread can join the Spice Girls in singing "tell me will this déjà vu ever end..."

Man, when you get to be my age, everything seems like it's being done the first time.
Man, when you get to be my age, everything seems like it's being done the first time.
Man, when you get to be my age, everything seems like it's being done the first time ... I'm tired now ... I think I'll go to bed before I forget where it is.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
tripod said:

That makes sense to me now.

I like to sit and think on this for a long time, i like to think of my personality, who i am, what i am, what will i do, why do i do it, what do i want to do it... All sorts of things. As far as deja vu goes i am easily caught in a deja vu moment, I get nostalgic often and easily so sometime i try to do something i previosusly did. I used to what a movie with no lights on(except a row of orange christmas lights) and some insense burning... I did that a lot around last halloween, so ill try to, more or less, recreate the experience.

Also about the meditating, do you know someplace, a book or something, i can learn more about meditating? some relaxing exercises and ways to get into the mood?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's a million ways to meditate and they are for different types of people. Some are more effective and more nonsense than others. The Rinzai and Soto schools of zen meditation offer the least bullshit (very little chanting, no mantras, and NO STRANGE VISUALIZATIONS). they are the schools that teach satori. It's simply quieting your mind (VERY DIFFICULT), a strict seating posture (japanese style or some type of lotus or cross legged position), and focus on your breathing with the emphasis on the out breath with pressure maintained in the tanden (lower abdomen). Japanese no-core, natural Incense is the best and some kind of audio may be played to drown out outside noises. You should be able to look up a bunch of stuff on zen meditation, although what I am describing is simply referred to as shikantanza and doesn't involve any koans because they can really only be administered by a teacher.