Deja Vu

Media
I guess it's a question of science vs spirituality but what is your take on deja vu?

I experience this from time to time and it's truly an eerie feeling. I guess my brain doesn't function well according to science. But when I mention this to spiritual people, I get this whole different explanation about how you're living in the moment and such.

thoughts?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I experience it from time to time. My personal feeling is that very often we have a vivid dream and them forget about it unless it was very clear and we wake up and try to examine it. If then we later experience something in life that reflects this dream it summons the subconscious memory of the dream.(The feeling of having experienced something or someone before) No science or research in this; just my theory.

I recall that it has to do with eyesight. Apparently deja vu occurs when one of your eyes sees something a split second before the other eye sees the same thing but only when your brain expects to see that thing with both eyes at once. There's a slight short circuit while both sides of the brain process the image just slightly out of sync, hence the sense of familiarity. That's why it doesn't work when you try to do it.

D_Kissimmee Coldsore

Experimental Member
Media
I recall that it has to do with eyesight. Apparently deja vu occurs when one of your eyes sees something a split second before the other eye sees the same thing but only when your brain expects to see that thing with both eyes at once. There's a slight short circuit while both sides of the brain process the image just slightly out of sync, hence the sense of familiarity. That's why it doesn't work when you try to do it.
I have heard that but I don't know how much research and how conclusive any such research has been. I enjoy the feeling though.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

I don't know if I quite buy that one, Phil. What about multiple instances where you seem to recall the exact same thing happening more than once... a sort of "deja deja vu", if you will. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I quite buy that one, Phil. What about multiple instances where you seem to recall the exact same thing happening more than once... a sort of "deja deja vu", if you will. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
M

Mr Ed in Mass

I've had vuja de before,you walk into aroom,and it doesn't look familiar.