Delayed reaction hangover?

RecklessBull

Experimental Member
Media
Today I've had the strangest hangover. Usually when I have a hangover it's worst first thing in the morning but gets better as the day goes on. Today I felt okay in the morning, but my headache has gotten worse (despite my drinking a lot of water) and I just felt so sick in the stomach that I threw up (6:30 pm). Is this a common thing, a hangover that actually gets progessively worse throughout the day?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't recall having that happen; but then who
remembers every hangover they ever had.

It's probably one of 3 things:
1.) You really did drink too much and have alcohol poisoning.

2.) You have food poisoning combined with the hangover.

3.) Your body is maturing. Those of us over 35 or 40 don't usually have quite as high a tolerance for liquor as we did when we were younger.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Today I've had the strangest hangover. Usually when I have a hangover it's worst first thing in the morning but gets better as the day goes on. Today I felt okay in the morning, but my headache has gotten worse (despite my drinking a lot of water) and I just felt so sick in the stomach that I threw up (6:30 pm). Is this a common thing, a hangover that actually gets progessively worse throughout the day?

The other possiblity is that you drank so much, you were still drunk when you woke up. As the day went on, the alcohol filtered through your system, didn't drink enough water, and became hung over.

socoken

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The other possiblity is that you drank so much, you were still drunk when you woke up. As the day went on, the alcohol filtered through your system, didn't drink enough water, and became hung over.

That happens to me a lot. Usually, after a night of partying hard, if I just have one drink in the morning, Im pretty much drunk again. It seems almost like I need a couple drinks just to sober up. Most weekends I can never tell if I am sober or drunk during the day, like right now. Ive been drinking all day, but I feel level.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I
It's probably one of 3 things:
1.) You really did drink too much and have alcohol poisoning.

2.) You have food poisoning combined with the hangover.

3.) Your body is maturing. Those of us over 35 or 40 don't usually have quite as high a tolerance for liquor as we did when we were younger.

1, 2 and 3 have all been true of me at various times in various permutations. I find my tolerance for alcohol is decreasing as I progress into my 40s.