Delectable foods

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lobster.

Steamed, boiled, fra diavolo, thermador, baked stuffed, or in a salad ... it's my favorite food bar none.

Preferably it's served, au naturel as possible, with the proper implements on a kitchen table covered with newpaper and with tons of drawn butter handy.

(forgive run-on sentence but I'm salivating....)

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am right there with you baby, and I hope to have some of its poor relations today, Blue crabs. YOU havent lived until you have boiled blue crabs cooked in beer and Old Bay seasoning preferably chilled. Let the drooling begin.....

Stronzo said:
Lobster.

Steamed, boiled, fra diavolo, thermador, baked stuffed, or in a salad ... it's my favorite food bar none.

Preferably it's served, au naturel as possible, with the proper implements on a kitchen table covered with newpaper and with tons of drawn butter handy.

(forgive run-on sentence but I'm salivating....)

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
naughty said:
I am right there with you baby, and I hope to have some of its poor relations today, Blue crabs. YOU havent lived until you have boiled blue crabs cooked in beer and Old Bay seasoning preferably chilled. Let the drooling begin.....

You guys are forgetting Chocolate:rolleyes:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:

I have naughty!! Love them too!!!!

I know just the scene you describe and it's its own "little piece of heaven". My aunt accuses me of "being able to survive on nothing but shellfish" :biggrin1:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mhmmm, anything that's fresh off the fire. Meat, fish, potatoes, just anything. By the way, I prefer charcoal or wood grilled over gas, it somehow adds to the taste. There are things Europeans just do better.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ClaireTalon said:
Mhmmm, anything that's fresh off the fire. Meat, fish, potatoes, just anything. By the way, I prefer charcoal or wood grilled over gas, it somehow adds to the taste. There are things Europeans just do better.

Finally Claire!

Someone who feels similarly to me re gas grills! No comparison.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
naughty said:
Hi All.

This is the doppelganger of the Despicable foods thread.... Do tell what you like, why you like it, where you like it, and how you like it.

I love oysters....I like them because they are oysters....I like them everywhere...especially in Maryland....I like them in everyway....especially washed down with chilled French Muscadet!:tongue:

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thai green curry on coconut rice. There's a place near here that does the best I've ever tasted but it's too expensive to eat there more than once every couple of months.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stronzo said:
Finally Claire!

Someone who feels similarly to me re gas grills! No comparison.

Plus, it's a lot less dangerous. I never feel comfortable having those gas bottles around. And taste and smell are way better, the smokey aroma....

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
Hi All.

This is the doppelganger of the Despicable foods thread.... Do tell what you like, why you like it, where you like it, and how you like it.

My, you are saucy, K.

CHOCOLATE! I will be spending Christmas in Sweden *crosses fingers* and hope to make myself violently ill on their sweets.

Curry! Curried ANYTHING! You can put curry on a baby, and I'll eat it, diapers and all.

Roasted corn. Roasted marshmallows too. And from before my vegan days, flame broiled pork chops, with apple sauce and mint jelly. YAY!

There must be more...

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ohhh that reminds me... anyone in England- go to your nearest Wetherspoons pub and order the chocolate fudge cake. It comes with hot dark chocolate sauce and ice cream. Last year me and my girlfriend at the time pigged out on those with far too much regularity.

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lobster is also one of my favorites, but I did have to do a bit of thinking after learning from the food channel that lobsters' closest relations are cockroaches.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I didn't respond to that other thread because I like to try just about anything. Spending time picking mushrooms off your pizza or scraping the mayonnaise off your bread always seemed kind of childish to me. Though there are a few things I don't especially like to eat... anchovies, sea urchin.... I can't think of anything else right now but I'm sure there's something. I probably wouldn't have escargo if offered.

As for stuff I love...

good sushi can be orgasmic. If it's very fresh, well-prepared, with some in-house made soy sauce, and not some boring California/Cucumber roll with nothing to zazz it up.... biting into that first piece always sends shivers through me. :tongue: Best sushi I've had.. three way tie between a place I know in DC, a place I went to in Los Angeles, and another up in New York City.

I love pretty much all things spicy... some good jumbalaya, kung pao chicken, chicken wings with loads of hot sauce, good curry, Thai/Cajun/Indian/Korean/Chinese/Mexican/Italian food, I don't care as long as it's got some kick to it. I like jalapenos on just about everything.

Ostrich is great. It's a red meat, so tastes like beef, yet at the same time it's actually healthier than ham, chicken, or even turkey. Not as dry and flavorless as turkey or buffalo meat, either. I really miss Murder Burger from Davis, CA, where I used to live. They had great Ostrich Burgers, and really awesome chili dogs as well.

Speaking of Davis... I also really miss the salads at Pluto's. God, those were so good... Mixed farmer's greens, their in-house made balsamic vinegairette which was amazing.. peppers, chicken, corn, sweet almonds, sweet onions, juicy tomatoes... some other stuff.... best salads I've ever had.

The french onion soup I had in Paris was the shiz-nite. Of course, there they just called it "onion soup." I guess the "french" was implied.

Best pizza I ever had was at Bertucci's brick oven pizza, some weird number with grilled chicken, white cheese, clams, some assortment of herbs and peppers and a white wine sauce. I know clams on a pizza sounds weird but it was awesome. They took it off the menu by the time I returned to get seconds because nobody else was ordering it. Second best was probably in Chicago, from some place famous for their extreme deep-dish pizza, forget the name.

Duck, if prepared properly, can also be really good.

Starbucks' Green Tea Frappucinos are yummy. and just green tea in general is good, too. Usually my beverage of choice. Not too thick, not too sweet, just refreshing, tasty and good for you to boot.

Top Ramen's cajun chicken flavored ramen noodles. Nothing fancy, but I challenge you to find anything more delicious that you can buy for 10 cents a serving.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
taven said:
Lobster is also one of my favorites, but I did have to do a bit of thinking after learning from the food channel that lobsters' closest relations are cockroaches.

I have always described lobsters as "the cockroaches of the sea", but everyone loves them, so i tried really hard to love them too. I just. Can't. STAND them! LOL But the idea of them, drowning in butter is so very appealing to my senses other than taste.

The first time I had lobster I was 3 years old. My mother took me out to dinner someplace nice once every two weeks on Thursday evenings until I started elementary school. We were in a beautiful Chinese restaurant. We were all dressed up. My mother said I could have anything I wanted from the menu. I was already literate, so I read the choices to myself and settled on the lobster. The description which 23 years have erased from my memory was so delicious and exciting. I knew I had to have it. I didn't know what a lobster was, but I wanted one. My mother asked if I'd ever had it, and I swore that I had. "Yes, Mommie, I LOVE lobster," I lied. She looked at me skeptically and asked who'd given it to me. "Grandma gave me some of hers. I LOVE lobster!" She ordered the shellfish. She made it clear that I'd have to eat it all when it came. She also told me she could talk me through getting at the meat, but that her allergies would not permit her to assist me. I understood. I had seen her allergic reaction to gold, and it was not pretty. When this whole lobster arrived, I knew it was just a big, red cockroach, and I burst into tears. It just sat there roachingly. I climbed into my mother's lap and sobbed on her belly. She never even got angry. She just instructed them to take it away and ordered me some mei fun or lo mein or some kind of noodle.

Anyway, I really wish I could enjoy lobster. It sounds delicious. I always liked crab, however. Now I'm a vegan and it really doesn't matter.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
naughty said:
Hi All.

I like all vegetables, legumes and fruits...love okra and if get glue i just strain it!

Love tapioca too...but hate smelly cheese, mold anything and caviar...some oriental spices i dont like and the spices used to preper sea food in the US like "bay something.." does not go well to my taste too.

I dont eat insects, animal insides or outsides like foot, tongue, balls, eyes etc..i like good cuts of meats...:tongue:

Sea food i may eat all kinds..but i cant stand salmon...

The strangest food ive eaten was alligator with pineaple and turtle...for now...