Delectable foods

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
mercurialbliss said:
headbang8 said:
  • Kangaroo in (cheap) tawny port, plum jam and chilli. You could use venison for this one.
quote]

A new restaurant serving australian cuisine opened last year in Newark. I've been there 4 times already. First time i've ever tried emu or kangaroo and you're right, the roo is close to venison. Very good and they have Foster's on tap.
Where? I'm interested.

Sad about the Fosters. Nobody in Australia drinks it. Do they have any other Oz beer? I'm fond of Cooper's Sparkling Ale. If I could find it in NYC...

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
[SIZE=-1]Shiner Hefeweizen
Maker's Mark Whiskey
Any good quality Tequila
Goldschlager
Bailey's Irish Cream
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Amaretto di Sarano

And yet, I don't like getting drunk. It's the flavor, not the effect, that does it for me.

And suddenly I want a Hefeweizen and a Deep Dish Pizza with Pepperoni, Bacon, Spinich, Onion, Green Pepper, Feta, and Anchovies. Mmmmmmm...:yumyum:
[/SIZE]

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
headbang8 said:
mercurialbliss said:
Where? I'm interested.

Sad about the Fosters. Nobody in Australia drinks it. Do they have any other Oz beer? I'm fond of Cooper's Sparkling Ale. If I could find it in NYC...

That's what i'm told but they do have other beers available on tap (although I don't think they have Cooper's). "Matilda's" is in Newark, DE and easy to locate. Go south on I-95 and take the 896-S exit to Middletown. It's three blocks away from the exit on the right. The restaurant was once a Cracker Barrel so if you're looking for ambiance, this isn't the place. Interior decor consists of Australian maps, photos, flags, plastic gators, and a stuffed kangaroo by the entrance (no, i'm not kidding). An eyesore but the food and service are excellent. The owner is usually there and frequently makes rounds to see if everyone is happy. Nice guy. I recommend it.:smile:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mercurialbliss said:
Attendre une minute. Je vous ai pensé n'a pas aimé la nourriture mexicaine?:biggrin1:

(Did I just butcher the french language?)

Pas du tout.

Bien fait! Et tu as raison chérie. J'ai oublié et je n'ai pas remarqué cette catégorie dans ta liste antérieure.

ABSOLUMENT, je le déteste en vérité.

On peut dire: "Attends (ou attendez) un instant. J'ai pensée que tu as dit que tu n'aimes pas la nouritture Mexicaine.

Mais néamoins c'était vraiment très bien compris!! :smile:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Stronzo said:
Pas du tout.

Bien fait! Et tu as raison chérie. J'ai oublié et je n'ai pas remarqué cette catégorie dans ta liste antérieure.

ABSOLUMENT, je le déteste en vérité.

On peut dire: "Attends (ou attendez) un instant. J'ai pensée que tu as dit que tu n'aimes pas la nouritture Mexicaine.

Mais néamoins c'était vraiment très bien compris!! :smile:

La nourriture mexicaine américaine est terrible. Vous devez voyager par les régions et mangez un jour la vraie nourriture, ce n'Est pas très épicé(sp?) .

Merci. J'ai besoin de la pratique.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes. I agree. It's only fair.

My sole connection to that cuisine is in Cape Cod restaurants.

(et tu n'as pas besoin de beaucoup d' excercise)

Il me semble que les gens Français te trouveraient très intelligible

Si tu voyages en France un de ces jours, tu trouveras que tu n'as pas oubliée les leçons tu as appris à l' école!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
mercurialbliss said:
J'espère si. Mon ami a dit qu'aussi longtemps que vous essayez de parler la langue, ils sont gentils à vous :smile:

No, no, no. That's the equivalent of eating clam chowder in Kansas. :yuck:

Look at you two speaking french like you mean it.... That is so cute...:rolleyes:

I like mexican food....Canadians do it just right.:tongue:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Delectables...

My list changes from one season to the next. I live in Charleston, which has what must be the richest, blackest soil on the planet. Right now the summer crops are coming in, so we have the very freshest of the following:

tomatoes
cucumbers
yellow squash
zucchini
melons of all types
green beans
eggplant
fresh chiles of all types, including bell peppers.

A typical dinner around here will be gazpacho and/or pasta primavera with nice pecorino romano cheese sliced on top. We've also had a couple of tempura nights, where I go crazy and batter fry all the nice fresh veg. I also have my own smoker, and the fresh pork and chicken available right now are off the chain. So I make lots of pork barbecue, ribs, whole chickens, and the occasional brisket.

My favorite thing right now, though, is TOMATO SANDWICHES. With mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and american cheese. Mmmmmmm... I eat those things until they give me stomach cramps.

And beans. We have fresh baby limas, which go in my vegetable curry with potatoes, squashes, rutabagas, tomatoes, fresh green beans, and everydamn thing else I can get my paws on.

Then there are pots of black beans, which get served the first night with a sofrito made from fresh onions, peppers, and garlic along with my secret spices. They are accompanied by sliced tomatoes and sliced or chopped onions. I put out cheese for those who are so inclined. Leftovers get made into fritters or refried and rolled into burritos. Occasionally a churrasco gets thrown down in the midst of all the beans.

Tomatoes are everywhere. Fresh ones. Green ones, which get fried and served with my homemade pimento cheese on top.

And watermelon or homemade orange sherbet for dessert.

Ask me again in the fall and winter when the cruciferous vegetables really start to come in, and I'll have a completely different list.

I cook and eat everything, though. There's too much variety available year-round not to take full advantage of it.

Oh, and: Fried green tomatoes taste like pussy. There's nothing finer. :D

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Stronzo said:
I'ved tried both and I see no similarity.

However fresh bean sprouts on a salad do taste like cum.

So I eat cum everytime I have salad?? Unless cum comes in cripsy form and has a slightly peppery flavour to it...

*Thinks that Stronzo is REACHING JUST A BIT:rolleyes: *

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
mercurialbliss said:
Well, i've had fried green tomatoes and I don't know what the fuss is all about. They're ok. Guess i'm truly heterosexual.

*runs away to avoid inevitable southern fury*

No fury here. Just an invitation to come down and see how it's done. They really do need something tart on top, like ranch dressing. Or my incredible pimento cheese.