Dell Studio 15 Laptop

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MidwestMayhem, Nov 22, 2010.

1. MidwestMayhem

MidwestMayhem New Member

Albums:
    Anyone have one of these? I've read the reviews, but it'd be nice to get input from you guys too. Thanks!

2. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Two members of my family have one - not bad at all.

I tried to order one a while ago, but my bank refuses to make payments to Dell for some reason, lol. :S

3. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Doesn't look too shabby. Dell's are usually easy to fix.
    I'd keep an eye out on the Black friday.info website for deals on it though.

Electronics this year are "Supposed" to be at rock bottom prices - but I haven't seen it yet. The "Sale" prices in the listings are the normal store prices from what I have seen so far.

Oh... and keep an eye on the model numbers. I've noticed some stores such as Staples carrying model numbers different than the mainstream products...almost like cheap knockoffs with no reviews online. They had a monitor at Staples last year for $88. No reviews. I held off. Sure enough, 2 months after, nothing but bad reviews of the monitor failing.

4. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is helpful! My current Dell is nearing its end, they've sent me a 25% off code which is usable until February.

5. camper joe

Gold Member

I have one its been good so far. Much faster that my Inspiron by Dell. Mine has vista on it wouldn't say its been as good has XP, but not the bitch everyone seems to complain about. I haven't used windows 7 so unable to offer any help there.

6. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's because Vista didn't have the hardware support it claimed to have.
    Most people who bought vista had to go out and buy new printers and gadgets because they would not work with vista. (No Driver support)

The other half of the coin was component manufacturers were slapping on the Microsoft Certified for Vista symbol on everything without testing compatability or support.
    So...it crashed....and crashed...and crashed.
    Then...release Service Pack 1 - supposedly made Vista more stable and better hardware support.
    Still - many pieces of hardware and software will not work with Vista (Printers, scanners, cameras, etc).
    Then...Rush to market with Windows 7....Ahhh....yes the next Turd from Microsoft. Its just a new name for Vista since it left such a tainted taste in peoples mouths. Like Windows 95a, And ME, they were rushed turds.

Win 7 is further enhanced hollywood effects version of Vista with more big brother stuff constantly accessing the ineternet for this or that. They claim it is more secure than XP...but....I disagree. You can get a virus just as fast. Instead of traditional bugs, now theyre popping in through javascript code and embedded ads.
    Antivirus software is useless unless you have a powerful Anti-malware to go along with it.

I'm almost tempted to tell you to try a MAC.

7. D_John Handcock

D_John Handcock Account Disabled

Albums:
    I've got a Studio 17 , 2010 - works great!

8. camper joe

Gold Member

So.....Rikter, Please don't hold back. Tell us, you really don't care for Vista, do you? :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted