Democrat and Republican (joke)

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost.
She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.
She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"
"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."
The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"
"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but, somehow, it's now my fault...

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
An old joke from way back when Republicans could still be relied upon to give "technically correct" information. :(

But as long as we're making snark about Democrats and "hot air", let's examine this more closely:

It's entirely plausible for a Democrat to travel by hot air balloon over U.S. Highway 67 through Mertzon, TX. For a Republican to travel the highway by boat (no doubt "staying the course") shows a lack of common sense, and a determination to make no progress. One wonders how the situation got so bad that the Republican made it this far inland in a boat in the first place...

But it gets worse: the natural ground elevation in Mertzon, TX, isn't 2346 feet above sea level; the terrain is slightly flatter there. So, the Republican isn't riding his boat along the surface of the highway; instead, he's built a 200-foot-high mound of dirt in the middle of the highway and perched his boat up there! No doubt this mound of dirt is blocking other cars on the highway.

So, we have a Republican who, due to a colossally stupid error in judgement, chose an inappropriate course of action, is making no progress, and is interfering with the lives of other Americans.

(How's that for sucking the humor out of a joke?)

Media
When I originally heard this joke, *quite* a long time ago..

It was Management in the balloon, and Engineering on the ground..

Made more sense then, instead of restated as opinionated political punditry.

Republicans and Democrats don't fit the streotypes nearly so well.

Honestly. :rolleyes:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I originally heard this joke, *quite* a long time ago..

It was Management in the balloon, and Engineering on the ground..

Made more sense then, instead of restated as opinionated political punditry.

Republicans and Democrats don't fit the streotypes nearly so well.

Honestly. :rolleyes:

Ah.. yes... I knew I had heard it a long time ago, too. couldn't put my finger on what was different. and it DID make more sense then.