Democratic control...A new era of corruption

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_24065, Feb 2, 2009.

1. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

Purhaps this discussion is taking place somewhere else on here but i have been surprised that not alot of talk about TOM 'MOTHERFUCKIN' DASCHLE has takin place here.

This is the second fuckin appointment from Obama that has cheated on his taxes and where the fuck is the media on this...reporting on those who are demanding he is withdrawn from consideration. Or on Richardson, or Dodd, or Randle? I mean are you serious? first Geithner and now daschle? If this was a republican, he'd been gone last week.

No, theres no liberal bias in the media.

My Way News - Daschle apologizes, fights to salvage nomination

2. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Um, it was a mixup. It was only $50K in taxes. Innocent mistake.

If this were a republican, he would have been shot. This media thing is so ridiculous. I thought Matt Lauer was going to cream on Obama yesterday in that interview. What a joke.

3. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yea, it was shameful. He acted like a kid interviewing his 'really cool' Dad. Putz.

As for the tax evaders, I love how they're able to pay for their 'oversights' without penalty or interest.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I'm not sure if this will matter to any of the conservatives flocking to this thread because I'm sure you're convinced that anyone who is a Democrat is blind. But fellow libtard John Stewart & "The Daily Show" just took Daschle to town on his tax evasion.

I guess this means that some of those "liberals" you disagree with for no reason beyond being liberal minded are actually calling shit out when there's something worthy to talk about. I'm sure this won't matter to anyone of you, but I thought it should be pointed out and documented on the forums so we can always reference it the next time you call anyone you disagree with blind and biased.

5. B_starinvestor

When I was 7 I met Joe Ferguson of the Bills. I was more under control than Lauer with Obama yesterday. Too see a grown man behave like that...geesh.

A kid under ten, maybe....but some get 'tingles up their legs' like Chris Matthews and the like.

Anyway, Daschle only slipped up by 50 grand on his taxes. I mean, anybody could miss that.

6. sargon20

Gold Member

No matter. No one cares. The Titanic sinking of the economy Captain Bush at the helm has taken over as issue 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. NOTHING else matters. So let the little people whine about nothing as the chilly North Atlantic waters sink them. And The Band Played On.

7. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

If so then Kudos to Stewart. The fact remains, Daschle shouldnt even be in consideration anymore...yet he still is. And thats disgusting. I would love nothing more than if the rest joined Stewart and called for this asshole to be shown the door.

8. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

Once again, a stunning display of intellectual prowess by sargon. If your not gonna comment on the post then please spare us all from your garbage deflection tactics.

9. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Funny, Barney Frank places more blame on Greenspan for it than anyone else. He also blames dishonest members of the public who lied about their financial situation to get large mortgages. Read the article in Money September 2008. Hmmm

10. B_starinvestor

Bolded by me.

What? Huh? That was Bush's fault. And Dick Cheney because large houses drive up oil profits.

You can't discriminate against people that don't make large incomes, even when they are buying $2 million condos.

Keeping the working man down, Hootie. Prick.

11. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    hey the ambiguously gay cyber-duo is back at it

12. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Your point, Vinyl, and the fact that you made it, are being quite obviously overlooked.

And I agree with Jon; it's just so bloody stupid not to have paid the taxes Daschle had to have known he owed last summer as it became increasingly probable that a Dem would win and that he'd likely be a strong candidate for a position in [either of the possible] nominees' admins.

That being said, if restitution's made, he's paid his dues so to speak and he's still an excellent man for the job and they can get him confirmed, do I really care/am I surprised? It's all politics, democratic or republican.

These things happen.

13. sargon20

Gold Member

You LOST and the future is indeed very dim kinda of like your IQ.
    Poll: Republicans Want Party To Be Like Palin
    By Eric Kleefeld - February 2, 2009, 11:34AM

A new Rasmussen poll further demonstrates that the GOP could be in for a long stretch in the wilderness: A majority of GOP voters now say that the party should be more like Sarah Palin.

The numbers: 55% of Republicans say the party should be like Palin, compared to 24% who say they should be like John McCain.

As I've previously noted, poll data like this could indicate that the Republican Party is getting ready to relive the classic cycle of ruling parties who get turned out of power in a landslide: With the party base itself shrunk down, the people who are still around are the most hard-line members, and are really the least fit people to fix the problem.

I love the last sentance 'With the party base itself shrunk down, the people who are still around are the most hard-line members, and are really the least fit people to fix the problem.' because it REALLY describes you, star, face, rips et al.

#13 sargon20, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  14. B_starinvestor

I would have acknowledged the post by VB, but I can't pull up anything since my connection is acting goofy...I wish he had posted a link...but I will say that VB has immensely upgraded his value on this forum in the last week with thoughtful posts, mostly with citations, and also class and objectivity.

Not that my opinion means anything, but he deserves a little shout out.

15. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...Purhaps.

16. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
  17. B_New End

B_New End New Member

LoL

I forgot, so I looked up 24065. He started out at this site ranting about "if he were gay" how "insulted" he would be about the way liberals supposedly slander and hurt homosexuals.

18. houtx48

Gold Member

if he were a wingnut he'd be gone last week......waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaa your pissin and moanin are duly noted.

19. mindseye

Gold Member

Take one:

So, Tom Daschle kept more of his wages. Isn't that supposed to be good for the economy? Why aren't you Republicans praising him as a pioneer of tax cuts so new and innovative they haven't even been passed yet?

Take two:

Why is it that the Democrat that comes forth before congress and admits to past mistakes is quickly branded as 'corrupt', but the Republican who refuses to even appear when subpoenaed (let alone tell the truth) gets nary a peep?

Take three:

I remember when Zoe Baird's nomination was dead in the water over this very issue. What could possibly have happened between Clinton and Obama to make this look like small potatoes now, I wonder?

Take four:

Even with this blotch on his record, I'll take Tom Daschle over Mike Leavitt any day.

20. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Then why wasn't Daniel Vitter shot?

Draft saved Draft deleted