Democratic landslide...In Your Face Rednecks!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Say hello to the new House leadership! John Conyers is now the head of the Judiciary committee. Henry Waxman is now head of the committee on Oversight and Investigations. Nancy Pelosi is now the Speaker of the House and 3rd in line to the presidency. Reform can now take place in the Ethics committee. The Democrats now have subpoena power... LET THE INVESTIGATIONS BEGIN!
:1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244::1244:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would not be so hasty. The Democrats still need to gain control of the Senate in order to force true bipartisan compromise on issues.

Control of the Senate hinges on the results in Montana and Virginia.

Also--not all Republicans are rednecks.

I still love you Tripod.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well... I DO live in a red state and the nuevo riche republicans, trust fund republicans, and the rank and file middle and lower class republicans share some common beliefs. They are rascist to varying degrees, LOVE MONEY, want to win at all costs, have a innate hatred of immigrants and homosexuals, are obsessed with natural selection, etc.

There are a lot of Republicans out there who are not rascist and are rather nice people... they just have overbearing Republican fathers and have developed an issue with thinking for themselves. Senate committe hearings are great, but they don't have shit on the judiciary committe... THAT"S WHERE IMPEACHMENT begins.

Oh, the title of the thread is there because this site harbors very few rednecks and I thought that I would offend very few! The Reagan Republicans know who they are, and probably have no problem with the election results... THEY ARE THE ONLY TRUE REPUBLICANS THAT SURVIVE TODAY!

I hope you still love me now Lex, because I was dismayed to hear that you were in N.C. and didn't invite me in your fun!

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I got my wish(es)- Mike Dewine and Ken Blackwell got ousted like the egregious shitbags they are! There may be hope for Ohio yet, even though we weren't quite clever enough to trounce Deborah Pryce soundly enough to make it stick. Still, I'm grateful beyond belief that the worst offenders are fucking GONE. If current trends continue, Dewine and Blackwell can join their fellow scumbags Taft, Noe, and Ney in fucking JAIL where they'll be free to suck each other's cocks without damaging the rest of us. Oh, Ohio. Despite being convicted and awaiting sentencing, Taft hasn't even stepped down from office- apparently being a felon is okay if you're a fucking repug- and you wonder why I cuss so much.

*takes deep breath*

In better news, Nancy Pelosi- that's all I'm saying.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Still Republican here in FL. :worried::sad2:

Typical FL election, South Florida counties went to the Democrats and the rest of the state pretty much went to the Republicans to offset and win for that agenda. Palm Beach and Broward were better than 60% Dem.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Still Republican here in FL. :worried::sad2:

Typical FL election, South Florida counties went to the Democrats and the rest of the state pretty much went to the Republicans to offset and win for that agenda. Palm Beach and Broward were better than 60% Dem.

Didn't Katherine Harris run and lose in FL?

[edit] yes, I was right, look at this: CNN.com - Elections 2006

she got spanked. Are you sure you live in the state you think you live in?

[edit 2] CNN.com - Elections 2006
I guess maybe you were talking about the gubnatorial race? Rep. cantidate won with 52% of the vote for that.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For people in the U.S. who want radical things like peace and justice, now the work really begins. Shifting the balance of power was a great first step, but the Democrats have not yet outlined a coherent vision to deal with the variety of serious problems facing the country, nor have they consistently shown enough backbone to take bold steps when necessary.

The Bush regime deserves this kick in the ass as much as anyone ever has. But it remains to be seen whether progress will actually be made or if it's just back to business as usual in DC. I'm ready to be wrong, but I won't be holding my breath.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For people in the U.S. who want radical things like peace and justice, now the work really begins. Shifting the balance of power was a great first step, but the Democrats have not yet outlined a coherent vision to deal with the variety of serious problems facing the country, nor have they consistently shown enough backbone to take bold steps when necessary.

The Bush regime deserves this kick in the ass as much as anyone ever has. But it remains to be seen whether progress will actually be made or if it's just back to business as usual in DC. I'm ready to be wrong, but I won't be holding my breath.

Given that I can listen to 20 different Republicans give speeches, and listen to 12 hours of conservative talk radio, and in that span not hear one single thing that I couldn't have just taken directly from talking points posted at whitehouse.org or the drudge report.... I sometimes find the Democrats' lack of "coherence" quite refreshing. Having people able to form their own opinions, advance their own ideas, and think for themselves as opposed to just advancing some monolothic unchanging front that is mostly just spin and newspeak anyway seems like a positive thing to me.
That said, Democratic cantidates really do have far more concrete ideas than any Republican talking head will give them credit for. But "Deomcrats have no agenda" "liberals have no ideas" and "the left has no plan" are all conservative talking points, so, of course, thanks to their quite remarkable cohesion.. you get to hear this a lot. And since reality is defined by perception, the old adage (originally forwarded by the Nazis, if I'm not mistaken) "if you repeat something enough times, it becomes true," is actually correct.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

and... I wanted to add... I am among those who would like to see radical change. I don't believe either the Democrats or Republicans will give this to us. I think it's sad that the way our government is set up, a handful of seats changing from one party to the only other party in the country in the Senate, and a few more changing in the House, is considered to be some kind of huge turning point.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Given that I can listen to 20 different Republicans give speeches, and listen to 12 hours of conservative talk radio, and in that span not hear one single thing that I couldn't have just taken directly from talking points posted at whitehouse.org or the drudge report.... I sometimes find the Democrats' lack of "coherence" quite refreshing. Having people able to form their own opinions, advance their own ideas, and think for themselves as opposed to just advancing some monolothic unchanging front that is mostly just spin and newspeak anyway seems like a positive thing to me.
That said, Democratic cantidates really do have far more concrete ideas than any Republican talking head will give them credit for. But "Deomcrats have no agenda" "liberals have no ideas" and "the left has no plan" are all conservative talking points, so, of course, thanks to their quite remarkable cohesion.. you get to hear this a lot. And since reality is defined by perception, the old adage (originally forwarded by the Nazis, if I'm not mistaken) "if you repeat something enough times, it becomes true," is actually correct.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Don't gloat too much. Some years ago the GOP took a hit and they regrouped/refocused and came back stronger. This time it's a bigger hit so I think a recovery is further out. To paraphrase a certain former actor: They'll be back!

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Say hello to the new House leadership! John Conyers is now the head of the Judiciary committee. Henry Waxman is now head of the committee on Oversight and Investigations. Nancy Pelosi is now the Speaker of the House and 3rd in line to the presidency. Reform can now take place in the Ethics committee. The Democrats now have subpoena power... LET THE INVESTIGATIONS BEGIN!
:1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244: :1244::1244:

Hooray!

Last night when I went to sleep I saw Claire Mccaskill was trailing Jim Talent by thousands of vote, and t looked impossible that she would win... But she did win!

YEA FUCK YOU JIM TALENT! FUCK YOU UP YOUR ASS!

I had a strange sort of day though... My schoolmates are predominantly Republican(though its not really them, ts their parents for the most part, they just listen to their parents talk then repeat what they hear, having no idea about what is really going on) In all my classes it came up, and I voiced myself, I voted for her, she won, I'm happy. And they all got really angry.

"Someone who isn't republican in our midst? Oh Noes! Hide your children, he's going to skin your baby alive for stem cells!" Something like that happened.

But even after all that I'm still satisfied with that!
Cigarette tax, stem cell research, missouri senator... I all went just how I wanted.

Perfectin I tell you, Karma is finally catching up with me :p

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I sometimes find the Democrats' lack of "coherence" quite refreshing. Having people able to form their own opinions, advance their own ideas, and think for themselves as opposed to just advancing some monolothic unchanging front that is mostly just spin and newspeak anyway seems like a positive thing to me.
That said, Democratic cantidates really do have far more concrete ideas than any Republican talking head will give them credit for. But "Deomcrats have no agenda" "liberals have no ideas" and "the left has no plan" are all conservative talking points
If the Dems do have a plan like you suggest, they need to do a much better job of putting it forward. If not, the celebration some of us are having today isn't going to last long. I'm not the only one out here who wonders where the hell the Dems stand and when they're going to grow a backbone - and I can assure you I'm not a "Republican talking head."

I'm not asking for spin doctors in lockstep; I want to hear some semblance of an program. Advocacy for such a program doesn't automatically make a political party "monolithic" (it is what political parties do, after all), although it can. My point is that simply disagreeing with the Republicans, which is largely what shifted control of the House, is going to run out of gas sooner rather than later.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am happy that a message was finally sent by the American people that there has to be a change from the elitist privaledged rape that the last 10 years have been (yes, Before Bush, even). This wasn't a mandate for the Democrats. This was an ousting of the party elite who were blatanty fucking the majority or Americans, in multiple ways. The Democrats have basically two years to show some style, and have an actual coherent platform for positive change. I hope they can pull their heads out of their asses long enough to stop being infighting pussies like they HAVE been for the last 6 years at least, and come together and work for that positive change. I have my doubts. But a first step has been taken, a message has finally been sent, and I hold out hope that some small modicum of sanity and intellegence will come forth from somewhere. Maybe, JUST maybe, there MIGHT be a chance to save America from a cival class war, and a third world economic nation. Good luck to us all. We will need it!

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I sometimes find the Democrats' lack of "coherence" quite refreshing. Having people able to form their own opinions, advance their own ideas, and think for themselves as opposed to just advancing some monolothic unchanging front that is mostly just spin and newspeak anyway seems like a positive thing to me.
All I demand of an elected official is that she or he listen carefully to all sides of an issue and take responsible action. What many call "incoherence" is healthy debate, and it creates a natural brake on misguided enthusiasms.

That said, Democratic cantidates really do have far more concrete ideas than any Republican talking head will give them credit for. But "Deomcrats have no agenda" "liberals have no ideas" and "the left has no plan" are all conservative talking points, so, of course, thanks to their quite remarkable cohesion.
To me, whether the Democrats do better than the Republicans is a side issue--they may not do better, but they can't do worse. At least they won't be fucking over fags like me for sport, with fundies and shock-jocks in the stands baying for blood. The Republicans fiddled while Rome burned; their instruments were abortion, the working poor, and, alas, gay men and women. For me, all those issues are, or have been, personal.

With yesterday's election results, I've got those guys out of my underpants for the moment. May it stay that way.

nwarluvs2jo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I made sure all my Missouri friends across the border voted. I'm very glad to see the final outcome. A pretty good voter turnout in Arkansas too made it a mighty fun night.