Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh Retires

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Condescension noted . . .

Again, I am asking you. What is your point? Please tell me so I can "deal with the issues".

Don't you mean to say "we" know what "we're" talking about?

Again, I am begging you, please play by your own rules. Please "put forth [your] 'decent' argument", so that 'intellectually challenged' though I may be, I may have an opportunity to "deal with the issues" and "refute" your arguments as best I can. That's only fair.

And by the way, who's insulting whose intellect here:
(That should properly be 'ones', but that's beside the 'point', isn't it?)

You insult your own intellect with your bruised pride post. :rolleyes: We've already covered this.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You insult your own intellect with your bruised pride post. :rolleyes: We've already covered this.

Hey moron, what's the deal with all the fucking :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:? Try something new. Oops I forgot. You can't learn anything new. You can't teach an old dog new tricks but in your case you can't teach a dumb bitch anything.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
As the following article from The Economist states...Bayh's retirement makes more of an opening for Republicans in the Senate. Obama and the Democrats need to seriously regroup.

Evan Bayh retires
Another one bites the dust

The Indiana senator’s decision is a blow to Barack Obama

Feb 18th 2010 | CHICAGO | From The Economist print edition

Now Mr Bayh’s retirement gives Republicans an opening. No Democrat met the filing deadline to become a candidate—petitions had to be submitted by noon on February 16th. The state party will therefore choose a candidate instead, but it is unclear when. Possible choices include Baron Hill and Brad Ellsworth, both members of the moderate Blue Dog Coalition. The Democrats’ nightmare is that, come November, Republicans will manage to defend all their Senate seats and seize ten now held by Democrats. Republicans would then control the Senate. That will be hard to do, but Mr Bayh’s retirement makes it slightly more possible than before.

Pauligan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As the following article from The Economist states...Bayh's retirement makes more of an opening for Republicans in the Senate. Obama and the Democrats need to seriously regroup.

Evan Bayh retires
Another one bites the dust

The Indiana senator’s decision is a blow to Barack Obama

Feb 18th 2010 | CHICAGO | From The Economist print edition
At present both Democrats and Republicans have issues which need to be resolved, the Republicans to a greater degree. While it is true that Massachusetts recently placed a Republican in a long held Democratic seat, this should not be seen as everything turning. The Democrats candidate did very little in campaigning figuring she would win just by being a Democrat. Across the country Democrats are now appreciative of the need to go and speak with the voters and not rest on the laurels of previous legislators. The early changes in both the Massachusetts Senate and in a few gubernatorial races such as New Jersey which elected a Republican after a Democrat, are indeed to the benefit of the Democrats. They can see where voters are most upset and make the changes needed, and then secure the votes needed in November to keep them in the majority. The Republicans are opening the champagne too soon.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
At present both Democrats and Republicans have issues which need to be resolved,
True.
the Republicans to a greater degree.
Yes, because their brand was more damaged but No, because the Democrats have messed up something that was nearly impossible to mess up.
While it is true that Massachusetts recently placed a Republican in a long held Democratic seat, this should not be seen as everything turning. The Democrats candidate did very little in campaigning figuring she would win just by being a Democrat. Across the country Democrats are now appreciative of the need to go and speak with the voters and not rest on the laurels of previous legislators. The early changes in both the Massachusetts Senate and in a few gubernatorial races such as New Jersey which elected a Republican after a Democrat, are indeed to the benefit of the Democrats. They can see where voters are most upset and make the changes needed, and then secure the votes needed in November to keep them in the majority. The Republicans are opening the champagne too soon.

Hmmm...not too long ago the Republican Party was left for dead. So, while they certainly have a ways to go to rebuild the damage of the Bush Administration, how badly Obama and the Democrats are doing is horrific. The Republicans were seemingly dead, while Obama had the greatest support ever and the Dems controlled both Houses and even had a supermajority. Obama and the Dems had to make mistakes of monumental proportions to mess that up so completely! The Republicans have made gains while the Democrats are losing power, credibility and the trust and support of the American people.

Since the Democrats are in leadership in the White House and the Congress, the major responsibility is on them to lead and to listen to the American people. They can't blame Bush or the minority party for THEIR failures. They got it wrong. It's time for the Democrats to accept the responsibility and listen to the American people.

Oh, the midterm elections as it stands right now will most likely be bad for the Democrats unless they regroup and start listening to the American people.

Pauligan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
True.

Yes, because their brand was more damaged but No, because the Democrats have messed up something that was nearly impossible to mess up.

Hmmm...not too long ago the Republican Party was left for dead. So, while they certainly have a ways to go to rebuild the damage of the Bush Administration, how badly Obama and the Democrats are doing is horrific. The Republicans were seemingly dead, while Obama had the greatest support ever and the Dems controlled both Houses and even had a supermajority. Obama and the Dems had to make mistakes of monumental proportions to mess that up so completely! The Republicans have made gains while the Democrats are losing power, credibility and the trust and support of the American people.

Since the Democrats are in leadership in the White House and the Congress, the major responsibility is on them to lead and to listen to the American people. They can't blame Bush or the minority party for THEIR failures. They got it wrong. It's time for the Democrats to accept the responsibility and listen to the American people.

Oh, the midterm elections as it stands right now will most likely be bad for the Democrats unless they regroup and start listening to the American people.
Mr.Obama and the Democrats are attempting to fix what is broken. Fixing involves trying different things to discover which method works best. This will be a long and arduous journey, it is not for the weak. Rome wasn't built in a day and sites of destruction from storms and earthquakes are not built back up in a year or two. If you're too weak to stand the journey, then step aside, step aside.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Mr.Obama and the Democrats are attempting to fix what is broken. Fixing involves trying different things to discover which method works best. This will be a long and arduous journey, it is not for the weak. Rome wasn't built in a day and sites of destruction from storms and earthquakes are not built back up in a year or two. If you're too weak to stand the journey, then step aside, step aside.

Do you really want to compare Obama's time in the Sun to Rome? By the time everyone realized that what they were doing didn't work it Rome fell. :rolleyes:

Obama messed up. He should have started with jobs and addressed deficits before today. You can't tackle universal healthcare and Cap and Trade without solutions for Social Security, Medicare and our seemingly insurmountable debt and deficits. Obama messed up. More to the point, his mess ups were leading to the ruination of America.

Obama and the Dems policies and priorities were completely wrong. They needed to listen to the American people...otherwise they will be out.

Pauligan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do you really want to compare Obama's time in the Sun to Rome? By the time everyone realized that what they were doing didn't work it Rome fell. :rolleyes:

Obama messed up. He should have started with jobs and addressed deficits before today. You can't tackle universal healthcare and Cap and Trade without solutions for Social Security, Medicare and our seemingly insurmountable debt and deficits. Obama messed up. More to the point, his mess ups were leading to the ruination of America.

Obama and the Dems policies and priorities were completely wrong. They needed to listen to the American people...otherwise they will be out.
Sir, I see no reason to even try to have a level conversation with you with intelligent exchange of idea, when it is evident you are unable to face or comprehend reality it goes beyond sheer unwillingness, you appear to lack cognitive skills. Go back to the beginning to find the places where Mr.Obama was handed a massive disaster, one which as I told you will take time to repair and heal. Beyond all of this, we need to give the man time, come back in 20 months and you will marvel at the sheer genius of his patience and persistence and how those talents help in shifting this country back to a path of recovery.

I am also curious about what you mean by "his mistakes were leading to..." Were? Was he responsible for the rising debt and the military actions which happened under an earlier president?

No sir, there is no reason to attempt in helping you see reason, you have shown me that from your words, reason is beyond your capabilities, which is sad but not the end of the world.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Sir, I see no reason to even try to have a level conversation with you with intelligent exchange of idea, when it is evident you are unable to face or comprehend reality it goes beyond sheer unwillingness, you appear to lack cognitive skills.

Ma'am, At this point in our discourse that describes you.

Go back to the beginning to find the places where Mr.Obama was handed a massive disaster, one which as I told you will take time to repair and heal. Beyond all of this, we need to give the man time, come back in 20 months and you will marvel at the sheer genius of his patience and persistence and how those talents help in shifting this country back to a path of recovery.

Until you share that crystal ball with everyone :rolleyes:, or Obama starts listening to the American people...Obama's poll numbers will remain in the dumps. Nobody expects him to fix everything in the first 100 days or even the first year. The problem is, the first year most of what he did do wasn't what we needed. after suffering massive defeats to his agenda and threats to Democratic control in the midterm elections is he finally getting around to Jobs focus, corrections to his National Security policies, transparency, and working with the loyal opposition.

I am also curious about what you mean by "his mistakes were leading to..." Were? Was he responsible for the rising debt and the military actions which happened under an earlier president?
Obama was elected to address those problems. Obama's focus on government run healthcare written by congress with sweetheart deals massive spending and cuts in medicare rather than a focus on Jobs was foolish. Obama's policies don't have the support of the American people because a majority believe he is leading the country in the wrong direction. Check a poll. Obama is President now. The time has run out on blaming those who came before him.

No sir, there is no reason to attempt in helping you see reason, you have shown me that from your words, reason is beyond your capabilities, which is sad but not the end of the world.

Ma'am, You simply refuse to realize that a majority of Americans don't support Obama's policies. Reason may be beyond your capabilities.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
. . . No sir, there is no reason to attempt in helping you see reason, you have shown me that from your words, reason is beyond your capabilities, which is sad but not the end of the world.
. . . and for all that came before, I salute you, my friend. Welcome.

I know you probably don't need our drugs,
but just in case you feel the need:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
. . . and for all that came before, I salute you, my friend. Welcome.

I know you probably don't need our drugs,
but just in case you feel the need:

CLICK HERE TO END THE HEADACHES .:present:

You simply can't support Obama and his policies and wish to run away and hide. :smile:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I know, Right? Not only is a broken record, it's a really bad broken record.

Fortunately I can't hear it anymore. Ahh . . blessed relief:

CLICK HERE TO END THE HEADACHES .

:present:
Your Irony rears its head yet again...you exemplify a broken record. :rolleyes:

Smooth88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Your Irony rears its head yet again...you exemplify a broken record. :rolleyes:

Great choice of words :rolleyes:

Honestly I don't even pay attention to Trinity. Star even though we philosophically disagree we can intelligently debate and come to a middle ground usually.

Trinity you obviously don't have a clue on how large systems work. How much time it takes to get the simplest things done and you say the exact same things in every one of your posts.

You sound like one of these people I see on video game forums that are like "the Wii sucks" and when you ask why the say because "it's a kiddie system" without giving any personal insight, experience, substance, or depth to your arguments. It's the same visceral bullshit that everyone spews when things aren't perfect or generalizations people make because the don't want actually look both ways before crossing the street. And you'll continue to bitch and whine and moan even when things are good because they aren't good enough or because you can't get your way.

It's the same thing over and over again. And again and again it seems you have an agenda and you support the same consensus uber right-wing policies even when you say personally you go the other way.

You really need to get yourself together honestly. Get off the couch. Don't turn on your TV for a week. Take a vaca. Get whoever programmed you to change your batteries, check some faulty wires and replace that one bolt and washer that has rusted. Also a new upgraded processor wouldn't hurt.