Democrats and racism....

B_imjustaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Would the story have been over as quickly if a Republican would have said these things?

Reid describes Obama as "light skinned" with "no negro dialect, unless he wants to have one."
Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment - Yahoo! News

Bill Clinton describing (to Ted Kennedy) Obama: "a few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee."

Teddy's anger - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

I know the media has been incredibly lax in covering anything bad on the Dems, but perhaps Jackson and Sharpton could explain why this isn't important to them?

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
how incredibly inflamitory of you. Me thinks you are trying to start something with this post. I would suggest treading very lightly sir, as this post makes you come across as a troll

B_imjustaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not trolling, just curious how everyone else feels.

It does seem like a very quick covering of the story, considering who said the things and who they were about.

-Just A. Guy

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
:tool:.............This is not news and it's as obvious as the schnozz on Celine Dion what the OP is attempting to do .

If you wish to look for RACISM, both overtly and subversive you have no further to look than the teabaggers , birthers and fanatical right-wing lunatics ! Many don't even do a damn good job of hiding their bigotry . I know ALL ABOUT BIGOTRY first hand coming from a uber-conservative , old money family with deep roots in slavery. I am in no way bigoted myself but a great majority of my family is, much to my chagrin. The older relatives I can sorta understand since they had blk servants and all but with my cousins it really disturbs me.
I cannot emphasize ENOUGH how very much I loathe RACISM and will only tolerate it within my family.

If this is ALL you have , you have very weak ass amunition .

HH

Last edited:

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:tool:.............This is not news and it's as obvious as the schnozz on Celine Dion what the OP is attempting to do .

If you wish to look for RACISM, both overtly and subversive you have no further to look than the teabaggers , birthers and fanatical right-wing lunatics ! Many don't even do a damn good job of hiding their bigotry . I know ALL ABOUT BIGOTRY first hand coming from a uber-conservative , old money family with deep roots in slavery. I am in no way bigoted myself but a great majority of my family is, much to my chagrin. The older relatives IO can sorta understand since they had blk servants and all but with my cousins it really disturbs me.
I cannot emphasize ENOUGH how very much I loathe RACISM and will only tolerate it within my family.

If this is ALL you have , you have very weak ass amunitio..........
First, the OP was well within his rights to ask the question and it is indeed telling that these incidents have been kept relatively quiet. They are in the current news, whether they happened yesterday in 2008.

Further it becomes newsworthy~~~the part about Harry Reid in that he is also taking a dip in the polls, clearly this is not 'old news' to many.

More importantly though is where the fuck are your balls? You tolerate racism within your family? I have nothing to do with family members who display racism or bigotry at any point in time, then again I'm not a pompous asswipe that you are. You are not even half a man if you can't stand for your beliefs, and clearly if you allow family to behave in this manner, then you don't stand for your supposed beliefs. They are your cousins, not siblings and not your parents~~they may show at family functions but you do not need to associate with them and you sure as fucking hell don't need to tolerate their racism. If you tolerate racism anywhere at any time then you are no better than they, in fact you are worse, since you claim to know better.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Geeeeezus christ. A guy points out a ridiculous hypocrisy and is called a troll? Even if it wasn't meant with any ill will, someone who isn't a high ranking democrat would've been skewered to hell and back over this, even though Obama probably would have given the same response in any case. That's to his credit, but the PC police are out in agenda driven force.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Geeeeezus christ. A guy points out a ridiculous hypocrisy and is called a troll? Even if it wasn't meant with any ill will, someone who isn't a high ranking democrat would've been skewered to hell and back over this, even though Obama probably would have given the same response in any case. That's to his credit, but the PC police are out in agenda driven force.

Which is similar to what I mentioned in anothere thread a few days ago and I was promptly skewered.

The comments to imjustaguy and of the same sort to otheres are why so many refuse to even be bothered with the one sided nature of the politics section.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll tell you how: sick of petty attempts at distraction such as this shit.

HG should work at MSNBC. Seriously.

In other news, this is a very valid thread. These types of racial remarks being borne from Democratic leaders are continually swept under the carpet.

Amusing; had Palin, Gingrich, Jindahl muttered anything of the sort, Olbermann and Maddow would devote a week's coverage. The libs on this board would be calling for a death sentence and wailing for weeks about racism and hate in the republican party.

It is a true testament to the mentality of the left when the OP politely introduces a worthy topic regarding a sensitive issue and is ambushed by the usual suspects as a troll.

Perhaps we should appoint HG and a few others as 'Thread Review Committee?' That is, we submit the thread to HG and his group of united leftists approve whether or not the thread can be posted to LPSG.

And this - the same guy that relentlessly protested freedom of speech for an anti-gays hate group on Facebook.:wink: Love the consistency.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Look, facts is facts. The PC police will be all over me for this, but it is probably true that if Obama were "dark skinned" and spoke with a "negro dialect" he would have been less likely to have been elected. Should Reid have said it? No. Should he apologize? Yes. But frankly, it's only mildly more offensive, and arguably true, than it was when Biden called Obama "articulate".

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Look, facts is facts. The PC police will be all over me for this, but it is probably true that if Obama were "dark skinned" and spoke with a "negro dialect" he would have been less likely to have been elected. Should Reid have said it? No. Should he apologize? Yes. But frankly, it's only mildly more offensive, and arguably true, than it was when Biden called Obama "articulate".

:smoker:

wish we had more Nick8's around here....

A lib that doesn't need diapers when things aren't exactly as he'd like...

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Concur. The hypocrisy on this board, moreover ANYTHING that doesn't held Der Obama in highest regard is heresy.

Shocker.

Reid is a goner anyways.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yet another "gotcha" thread. As legitimate as any before it.

Harry Reid's comments were certainly in poor taste, and reflect a concern that Obama be accepted by a wide segment of voters. Racist? That term is increasingly used anytime anyone makes any critical or inflammatory comment about someone who is a different "race", or even by virtue of the very mention of race. It's a vastly overused term. Is Harry Reid racist? I really don't think so. Is he sometimes an idiot? Definitely.

Clinton's comments are patronizing to be certain. But they seem to reflect a disdainful "class" distinction, or a "he hasn't paid his dues" sentiment rather than any racial component. Inferring a racial component within the Clinton comments says much more about the inferrer than Clinton. Nevertheless, as Clinton showed in the 2008 campaign, he's not above putting out some really ugly insinuations. I don't think he's a racist, but sometimes he'll do or say anything to achieve his goal. A politician to the last.

Do Democrats make mistakes? Yes. Do they say stupid things? Yes. Are some of them racist? I'd imagine so. Do their allies call press conferences when they do these things? Of course not. Should the media report it more aggressively? Fine by me. It's on my list of gripes about the media, but way down the scale, past their failure to investigate Halliburton, Blackwater, the leadup to Iraq, the stanglehold corporate America has over political Washington, etc., etc............

Last edited:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Speaking of dialect... friends of mine that are both of the African-American persuasion brought up that Obama sounds like Chris Rock when he imitates an old white dude. Guess that makes them racists, much less spot on.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yet another "gotcha" thread. As legitimate as any before it.

Harry Reid's comments were certainly in poor taste, and reflect a concern that Obama be accepted by a wide segment of voters. Racist? That term is increasingly used anytime anyone makes any critical or inflammatory comment about someone who is a different "race", or even by virtue of the very mention of race. It's a vastly overused term. Is Harry Reid racist? I really don't think so. Is he sometimes an idiot? Definitely.

Clinton's comments are patronizing to be certain. But they seem to reflect a disdainful "class" distinction, or a "he hasn't paid his dues" sentiment rather than any racial component. Inferring a racial component within the Clinton comments says much more about the inferrer than Clinton. Nevertheless, as Clinton showed in the 2008 campaign, he's not above putting out some really ugly insinuations. I don't think he's a racist, but sometimes he'll do or say anything to achieve his goal. A politician to the last.

Do Democrats make mistakes? Yes. Do they say stupid things? Yes. Are some of them racist? I'd imagine so. Do their allies call press conferences when they do these things? Of course not. Should the media report it more aggressively? Fine by me. It's on my list of gripes about the media, but way down the scale, past their failure to investigate Halliburton, Blackwater, the leadup to Iraq, the stanglehold corporate America has over political Washington, etc., etc............

well put.

D

deleted15807

Do Democrats make mistakes? Yes. Do they say stupid things? Yes. Are some of them racist? I'd imagine so.

The bottom line is Democrats do not court racists and xenophobes and rely on them to win elections. Racists and xenophobes and homophobes are core voting blocks for the Republican Party, all one need to is look at the ban reasons for certain members here on LPSG :rolleyes: