Democrats vote AGAINST!!! health care bill.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wyldgusechaz, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

that would equalize Congressional health care with national healthcare.

Republicans trap bogus phony hypocrite progressives by introducing a bill that would force Congress to accept the same plan as us regular folks and Dems vote against it!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead you progressive sheep and watch as you get sheared by your so called "fair and equal" legislators. They want you to have a crap plan but won't include themselves, choosing to keep their elite plan and giving us a different lesser plan.

You progressives are sooooo naive.

Their Own Medicine - WSJ.com

Pathetic sheep lining up to be sheared.

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Well, you have to be more specific because it obviously passed in the House.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/17/us/politics/17cbo.html

To clear your obviously flawed rhetoric, the issue existed only in the Senate, and it was a 12-11 vote. A pathetic sheep like you would assume that all Democrats are supposed to be on the same team because you can only think in 1s and 0s (with zero being the usual result), however, some Democrats do think for themselves. I'd advise you to learn how to count the sheep before you call them names. Or did they forget to teach you that on the plantation? :rolleyes:

3. Flashy

Gold Member

with all due respect, VB, the Coburn amendment wasn't put into the House Comittee's version of the bill.

But, just as a matter of fact, i do believe, that, if the government, Democrats and Republicans alike, want to pass health care, in fact, *ALL* government employees, from the President, First Lady, their kids, the Vice President his family, the entire cabinet, the entire congress and all their staffs should be required to select the public option.

This is not a partisan issue...if this plan is so good, then the people who represent us, democrats and republicans alike, should be required to be on it.

I think we can all safely agree, that no american should be subject to a plan, that their leaders are not subject to as well.

I think that is about as non-partisan as it gets...if President Obama and Speaker Pelosi and Senator Kennedy et. al, think this is such a good idea for the average American, then they must be willing to put themselves and their family on that plan.

If they do that, i will not complain about having to go on the designed federal plan myself.

I think that is fair.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

We could generate the same kind of argument for conservatives who pushed the Iraq War. They were quick to talk about how the average American should do their part for their country, yet the majority of people in Congress weren't willing to have their sons or daughters go over and do the fighting.

But you won't have to. If you have a current plan from a privately owned enterprise and like it, you can keep it. I'm sure the government plan won't be as detailed or specialized like some of the higher end Health Plans that are provided by other companies. But it would be substantial for the average American who doesn't have anything at all.

I mean, do people really like Welfare Cheese or would they rather have Kraft?

5. Flashy

Gold Member

i understand that VB, but changing the topic to the "Iraq War" and "conservatives" is not relevant. (not to mention, plenty of democrats voted for the war as well.)

The Iraq War was not a law, and soldiers are not required to serve in the US Military. It is a volunteer force, and soldiers who volunteer may be sent to war.

It is a different issue and dynamic entirely.

as for liking your private plan, you will have to pay more to keep it, if you elect not to be part of the federal plan.

My point, with regards to congress, is their plan is offered privately, through a specific plan, that is not available to average americans.

my point is, that members of congress, receive a plan through the government...if that is the case, then either the must chooose to

A. Accept the new government plan, which gives them the same plan as citizens receiving a government plan

or

B. Buy their own separate private plan, on their own dime.

If you work for the government and get benefits through the government they should not be separate and better than the plans you are demanding other americans be part of, through the government.

Why should the plan that President Obama and his family receive through the government, not be the same plan that a citizen receives through the government if it chooses to have a nationalized health care system?

If he would like to accept a different, private plan, and pay more and pay a penalty on top of that, i respect that decision...but if he wants others who are forced to accept a government plan, that should be the exact same plan as he gets.

the president and congress, republican or democrat, have no right to have a better government run health care plan then citizens who receive a government run plan.

Ted Kennedy just wrote this:

"But quality care shouldn't depend on your financial resources, or the type of job you have, or the medical condition you face. Every American should be able to get the same treatment that U.S. senators are entitled to."

#5 Flashy, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  6. lucky8

Gold Member

Yet another example proving politicians ARE ONLY LOOKING OUT FOR THEMSELVES

black, white, asian, mexican, man, woman, democrat, or republican, a politician is a politician; they're all on the same team. They come first, we come second

#6 lucky8, Jul 19, 2009
  7. D_Cleon W Ballbreath IV

The aged cheddar Reagan handed out was better than Kraft's. Not everything the government does is worse than private industry. And it wasn't just for Welfare recipients, as at least some on Social Security got it as well.

8. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Maybe we need to keep repeating that for those hard of hearing.

Maybe, depending on what the final version of the plan looks like. The trade-off however (as I understand the proposed plan to be) is that your private insurer would no longer be able to refuse coverage for "pre-existing conditions". Is that not worth paying a little extra for?

Hell, even the insurance industry itself is now ready to make concessions on coverage for pre-existing conditions and a need for a "bipartisan plan for affordable coverage for all".

See:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0709/25117.html

That alone should tell you that the existing system was fucked from the get.

#8 b.c., Jul 19, 2009
  9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Hehehe... I wasn't really posing the cheese question as one to answer. Just using it for symbolism to distinguish the difference between standard and premium. But yeah, Welfare Cheese did have its merits. :wink:

10. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Don't eat the gub'ment cheese!!:eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted