Demonoid

RandyLahey

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hey I know torrents aren't really popular on this site, but I know some of you work with em.

I've been trying to register on Demonoid for a year now, and can never catch their registration openings. Is anyone registered there? And if so, could you please PM me an invitation code? There is so much stuff I have been waiting to download, and I got plenty to put up there.

Please!

Thanks, guys

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
I just use uTorrent (the u is actually a Greek character that looks like a u, but if you search for uTorrent on Google, it comes up). You don't have to register or anything. It keeps track of your ratio, but you don't need to maintain a minimum level to be allowed to download either.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just use uTorrent (the u is actually a Greek character that looks like a u, but if you search for uTorrent on Google, it comes up). You don't have to register or anything. It keeps track of your ratio, but you don't need to maintain a minimum level to be allowed to download either.

uTorrent is a client...the OP is referring to the private torrent tracker hosted at Demonoid.com.

In order to use the tracker, i.e. connect to torrents hosted there, you must be a registered member of the site. I've occasionally tried to catch one of their open registration windows as well, without success.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
uTorrent is a client...the OP is referring to the private torrent tracker hosted at Demonoid.com.

In order to use the tracker, i.e. connect to torrents hosted there, you must be a registered member of the site. I've occasionally tried to catch one of their open registration windows as well, without success.

So torrents from Demonoid can only be downloaded by registered members on Demonoid? That kinda sucks.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So torrents from Demonoid can only be downloaded by registered members on Demonoid? That kinda sucks.

Not exactly, but you have the general idea. Anyone can download a torrent, as it's just a meta file that contains information about the content you're trying to download as well as the location of one or more trackers.

Trackers are servers that maintain current state information about the data being pointed to by the torrent...including the IP addresses of all the other peers sharing/downloading at the time. If you can't connect to the tracker, then your BT client can't determine which other peers to talk to in order to pull the data.

So you can download torrents that point to demonoid's tracker; but unless you're a registered member, you will not be able to download anything
because it will not give your client the addresses of any peers who have the data you're trying to get.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

As far as I can recall demonoid was pretty good (although not outstanding) but then I've not used it for ages - it went offline for a while a year or so back and I never went back. My 'ratio' was 0.52, a freeloader I guess!

It's quite a strange coincidence that a few weeks ago I was trying to remember the name of a torrent website I had long ago signed up to (a friend sent me an invite code) and then this thread turns up to remind me!

I'll have to see if it's still any good.

RandyLahey

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I know all about the other torrent sites. Btw, torrentz.com searches almost every torrent site out there.

But the fact remains that some torrents uploaded by demonoid members are never posted on other sites, so you cannot access them. I'm talking more along the lines of rare music and pdf books.

So, I'll just reiterate.. if anyone is registered at demonoid, please could you send me an invitation code.

luklakls

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Demonoid is not a very tightly run site.
Ive had an account for a good year plus along with the time when they were down.

To get invite..you just have to know people. But Demonoid is the least private of the private trackers. I have accounts to trackers that don;t show up on google.

ps. i sent an invite to your inbox

D_Juan Nightstand

Just Browsing
Media
I'm a total mooch, but I really want an invite to indietorrents. If it's of concern I'm a seeding machine.

I've never tried to get on to demonoid, but I would be totally un-mad if someone wanted to give me an invite there.

If anyone could help me out or give any advice, I would be so appreciative.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I shouldnt say this but here goes. Do a search for Superfundo.com. Look for Rippers Axxo and FxG for dvd movies in perfect quality. Axxo is the best. Beware of fake axxo files on other sites. This is where he houses them and they are real in perfect quality. Azureus is the best torrent client

angelous

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Demonoid is not a very tightly run site.
Ive had an account for a good year plus along with the time when they were down.

To get invite..you just have to know people. But Demonoid is the least private of the private trackers. I have accounts to trackers that don;t show up on google.

ps. i sent an invite to your inbox

Can I, please, get one too?