1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Deodorant Vs Antiperspirant

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by twoton, May 29, 2019.

1. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    About two months ago I switched from antiperspirant to deodorant and didn’t tell my wife

It was an experiment. I had switched from deodorant to antiperspirant over 30 years ago.

Deodorant is much less expensive than the gel antiperspirant I’ve been buying for a long time. Since deodorant is still on the market, I presumed it was still a viable personal care choice.

So far, my wife hasn’t noticed. This means the deodorant is working just as well as the antiperspirant. If I would’ve told her from the start, she never would’ve put up with it. If I tell her now, she’ll notice it on principle if not on my malodorousness.

There are two potentially confounding variables at play, however. 1. I apply deodorant as a prophylactic more frequently than I did antiperspirant. 2. I have antiperspirant in my gym bag and use it after showering at the gym. That being said, I don’t go to the gym everyday.

The experiment will continue.

2. halcyondays

halcyondays Superior Member

Albums:
    Good choice. Antiperspirants use aluminum compounds like aluminum chlorohydrate to destroy sweat glands or at least cripple them. There is some debate about the toxicity of these compounds.

Deodorants use alcohols like propylene alcohol and stearyl alcohol to kill skin bacteria whose waste products create stinky armpits. Sweat dilutes the alcohols over time so reapplication is required more frequently. Deodorants keep the microbial population down without interfering with sweat glands like antiperspirants. Both are perfumed but hypoallergenic types may not.

One of the reasons we still have hair in our armpits is that it wicks sweat away from the skin keeping pits drier and bacterial population lower.

Did antiperspirants give you a rash or leave your pits itchy? Some people can't use them because of allergy or irritation.

I stopped using antiperspirants decades ago. The downside is pit stains but I can live with those. I keep extra at the office and reapply as needed.

3. halcyondays

halcyondays Superior Member

Albums:
    Correction: propylene glycol not propylene alcohol.

4. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    No, never a problem. I'm on my second container (?) of Speed Stick.

halcyondays likes this.
  5. HorseHung40's

HorseHung40's Superior Member

Albums:
    I have always used the two terms interchangeably, without giving it any thought.

rd62624 likes this.
  6. seventiesdemon

Gold Member Platinum Gold

I use no deodorant, no antiperspirant. Work in one of the hottest, sweatiest environments ever. Yet can slip off me boots and no odour. Zilch, 0.

Is true. I posses no stinky body odour. Can wear me work socks for a couple of days before they get a hint, although rarely do. Even in wet workboots.

Can't say the same for my farts though. Feel like applying LYNX though...from their advertising I'd be a chick magnet....................................just as well I'm not a great believer of advertising either.

keenobserver likes this.
  7. Squirrel1

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Umm...anti perspirant/deodorant is for under your arms, not your feet.

seventiesdemon likes this.
  8. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:

According to you.....do others have an opinion?

seventiesdemon likes this.
  9. LaFemme

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member Verified

Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah, I’ve heard that statement from people and I would disagree completely. I can smell them. Yes, they stink. Now, I will state I haven’t smelled everyone in the world who wears no deodorant or ant-perspirant, this is limited to the ones I’ve had experience with.

g0nz0 likes this.
  10. keenobserver

Gold Member

I never liked anti-perspirants. I stick to deodorant - switching brands from time to time to mix it up a bit. I usually don't use any unless I am doing something socially or need to be in close proximity to people in close conditions. The less chemicals on my body, the better.

halcyondays likes this.
  11. rd62624

rd62624 Worshipped Member

i use both. It depends on my mood in the morning and how hot the day is going to be.

g0nz0 likes this.
  12. seventiesdemon

I enjoy having my feet tickled....So far there is no gagging or [​IMG] :)

13. seventiesdemon

One day they'll have smellanet...........I can upload a sock :) :)

14. sxh5704

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So many are combo products Antiperspirant/Deodorant. I have used a stick combo product for years and years but about 3 months ago I noticed a lump in my breast (yes, guys get lumps) so I went to the doctor and he told me it was more than likely a blocked lymph node. He asked about what deodorant I was using and I told him. He suggested moving away from roll on/sticks and try a spray. He said while in the shower turn the water up as hot as I can stand and let the water hit me in the arm pit. I did this for about a week and the lump went away. So now I use an Antiperspirant spray.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice