Depending on your job title you get treated like crap?

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LMFAO. You shoul have stayed at Hyatts.. and yes i will be happy to do that ofr my dear!

DAMN!! You worked for the competition. I'm a Wyndham man. Well we'll have to smuggle you to Hawaii when we all go this spring. I'll make sure I get a three bedroom for the fam, a 1 bedroom beach front for you and a friend of mine who lives in the Islands. And yes, he is VERY hung and 15 years younger than me, rich and very single. No hooking up with him permanent though. I'm still holding you to the gatekeeper job. You don't mind Seattle weather do you? :wink:

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What gives? I see waiters/waitresses and people at min wage get treated like shit? What is people's issue with them? It's like society spits and shits on people that work everyday jobs. What the hell?

I treat people according to their personality. :smile:

lafever

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DAMN!! You worked for the competition. I'm a Wyndham man. Well we'll have to smuggle you to Hawaii when we all go this spring. I'll make sure I get a three bedroom for the fam, a 1 bedroom beach front for you and a friend of mine who lives in the Islands. And yes, he is VERY hung and 15 years younger than me, rich and very single. No hooking up with him permanent though. I'm still holding you to the gatekeeper job. You don't mind Seattle weather do you? :wink:

I'm holding you to this Osiris.. you know that right?

And I LOVE Seattle. I plan on going there for law school.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm sorry you had this experience...my best advice if it happens again is to remind the person that you are there to provide__________service, not be be used as a vomit bowl or a whipping boy. (That stops them in their tracks) If you don't say someting ( but say it nicely) they get away with acting like a creep!
I said something in another thread that boils down to the fact that If you have dirty or new money, you can't buy, send away for, or order on line, good manners, style and taste.
I've also said that respect is earned, you earn mine by standing up for yourself in a professional manner!

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yesterday I lost my head while speaking with a customer for the first time ever.

It went "down" like this

M- "Thank you for calling ------- --------, my name is Robert. Can I get your e-mail address or account number please?"
C- "Hello?"
M- "Yes, Hi, My name is Robert, Can I get your e-mail address or account number please?"
C- "I don't have my account number"
M-" Okay, Do you have your e-mail?"
C- "Why do you need it!?"
M- "We log all of our calls so that the next time you call in the tech you get can help you better and you don't have to repeat yourself"
C- "Well thats fucking stupid"
M- "Right, uh How can I help you?"
C- "You can help me by telling me why the hell I was on hold for 40 minutes!"
M- "I'm very sorry about that, as you may be aware we are switching many customers dialup numbers and its very urgent, but-"
C- "I ASKED YOU WHY I WAS ON HOLD FOR AN HOUR"
M- "as I was saying, many customers need assistance changing there numbers and there just is not enough staffing to handle the massive amount of calls in a timely manner, we are working as fast as possible though."
C- "Well, I should not have to wait on hold, because the e-mail told me to call and thats not fare that I would have to wait. Also why is this a supprise to you, don't you own the numbers, so shouldnt you know if they are going to be disconnected?"
M- "The numbers that are being disconneted were being run in junction with a carrier, that carrier just lost a legal case with Qwest Communication, because of this the numbers are being closed down. We were not aware that this was going to happen until the lawsuit had completed"
C- "Well thats god damn bullshit don't fucking lie to me, this is just your way of screwing the little man into worse fucking service!"
M- "Okay, fine. What do you need help with?"
C- "You sent me the e-mail dumbass, it said to call"
M- "The e-mail sai-"
C- "I KNOW WHAT THE E-MAIL SAID STUPID, I READ IT!!!!"
<Breaking Point>
M- "You Know what? The E-mai-"
C- "I don't give a shit what you thi"
M- "Shut up while I'm talking, didn't anyone ever teach you its rude to interupt? Anyway, the e-mail said that you should follow the steps and change your number on you're own, the e-mail does not say call us. Also, stop acting like you are any better then any other customer that has to wait on hold, you don't get some special treatment, and you know what else? We didn't want you to call and we never will, your a small residental customer who is wasting my time and the time of the 15 other people who are waiting on hold, this has been the most useless timewasting call of them all, and if your time is so valuable why did you insist on yelling about it? I'll tell you why, because your time isn't valuable, your not doing anything, you're just irrtated because you didn't comprehend and understand the e-mail, or maybe you're illerterate, I don't know and I don't care, but do not call up, act like better then me, and then expect that I will just do whatever the hell you want! It is people like you that make the world a shitty place to be, with you're bitching about things completly out of our control. I'm now going to end this call and if you want more assitance you can call back. Have a nice day"
C- "I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR!"
M- "My supervisor is on a call right now, if you wish to speak with her you may call back later. Thank You for calling ------ --------"
<End call>

My supervisor came out and told me to NEVER do that again and went back into her office.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm holding you to this Osiris.. you know that right?

And I LOVE Seattle. I plan on going there for law school.

When I get that million, make sure I know where you are and that I have a fax number, I'll fax a contract over to you straight away. At the very least, you can become a partner with my friend and I in the catering business. We have great clients who'd love you. :smile:

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Everyone should be treated with respect until they demonstrate they don't deserve it.

Have I been rude to people? Yup. But only when they have been rude to me first, even then I will usually try to be nice. They usually don't know how to react.

As far as tipping, I tip 15% for correct (polite) service. I only tip more if the service warrants it. A good tip has to be earned.

Years ago a dear friend of mine worked in customer services at a major Canadian/American department store. A man came into to complain and got a little abusive when she wasn't able to help him. He told her she could take the (whatever it was) and shove it up her ass. Without blinking she smiled and said Sorry sir but I already have a fridge and stove up there.

Media
Yesterday I lost my head while speaking with a customer for the first time ever.

It went "down" like this

M- "Thank you for calling ------- --------, my name is Robert. Can I get your e-mail address or account number please?"
C- "Hello?"
M- "Yes, Hi, My name is Robert, Can I get your e-mail address or account number please?"
C- "I don't have my account number"
M-" Okay, Do you have your e-mail?"
C- "Why do you need it!?"
M- "We log all of our calls so that the next time you call in the tech you get can help you better and you don't have to repeat yourself"
C- "Well thats fucking stupid"
M- "Right, uh How can I help you?"
C- "You can help me by telling me why the hell I was on hold for 40 minutes!"
M- "I'm very sorry about that, as you may be aware we are switching many customers dialup numbers and its very urgent, but-"
C- "I ASKED YOU WHY I WAS ON HOLD FOR AN HOUR"
M- "as I was saying, many customers need assistance changing there numbers and there just is not enough staffing to handle the massive amount of calls in a timely manner, we are working as fast as possible though."
C- "Well, I should not have to wait on hold, because the e-mail told me to call and thats not fare that I would have to wait. Also why is this a supprise to you, don't you own the numbers, so shouldnt you know if they are going to be disconnected?"
M- "The numbers that are being disconneted were being run in junction with a carrier, that carrier just lost a legal case with Qwest Communication, because of this the numbers are being closed down. We were not aware that this was going to happen until the lawsuit had completed"
C- "Well thats god damn bullshit don't fucking lie to me, this is just your way of screwing the little man into worse fucking service!"
M- "Okay, fine. What do you need help with?"
C- "You sent me the e-mail dumbass, it said to call"
M- "The e-mail sai-"
C- "I KNOW WHAT THE E-MAIL SAID STUPID, I READ IT!!!!"
<Breaking Point>
M- "You Know what? The E-mai-"
C- "I don't give a shit what you thi"
M- "Shut up while I'm talking, didn't anyone ever teach you its rude to interupt? Anyway, the e-mail said that you should follow the steps and change your number on you're own, the e-mail does not say call us. Also, stop acting like you are any better then any other customer that has to wait on hold, you don't get some special treatment, and you know what else? We didn't want you to call and we never will, your a small residental customer who is wasting my time and the time of the 15 other people who are waiting on hold, this has been the most useless timewasting call of them all, and if your time is so valuable why did you insist on yelling about it? I'll tell you why, because your time isn't valuable, your not doing anything, you're just irrtated because you didn't comprehend and understand the e-mail, or maybe you're illerterate, I don't know and I don't care, but do not call up, act like better then me, and then expect that I will just do whatever the hell you want! It is people like you that make the world a shitty place to be, with you're bitching about things completly out of our control. I'm now going to end this call and if you want more assitance you can call back. Have a nice day"
C- "I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR!"
M- "My supervisor is on a call right now, if you wish to speak with her you may call back later. Thank You for calling ------ --------"
<End call>

My supervisor came out and told me to NEVER do that again and went back into her office.

Wow this is the best call I ever read I have had angry people calling me when I worked for 1800 Flowers. Yes people get worked up over flowers.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What gives? I see waiters/waitresses and people at min wage get treated like shit? What is people's issue with them? It's like society spits and shits on people that work everyday jobs. What the hell?
I agree with you. It's more like bullying.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Um, I don't mean to burst your bubble. The people doing the everyday jobs are doing them because they can't do anything else. Do they deserve respect? Absolutely. But they don't keep things rolling. I can't tell you how many times i've heard people bitch about their jobs and claim that their boss's will be sorry when they quit.

Here's a very important lesson in life. The sooner you learn it the better. I don't care who you are. You can be replaced. This also brings up why CEO's get paid so much. There are only so many people who can run these companies. They aren't doing it for the money. It's just an added perk. Those of you without a business background can't comprehend the amount of time stress and responsability it takes to run a major corporation let alone a small business. These people thrive on it. There are no days off, no vacation etc. While you think they are being overpaid, the reality is that without them you have no job.
No wonder the turnover rates are very high, and the employers are always hiring people.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In some countries in Europe such as France an Italy waiters and waitresses are more highly regarded:wink: