Depilatory problems

mehgah

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi there:

So I tried using a depilatory cream (i.e. Neet, though this one wasn't Neet) as was suggested, and even though I only left it on my sack for the minimum time, it was painful (though minor) to the touch when I removed the cream, and when I showered right after, the hot water caused it to hurt a bit.

The pain has subsided for now, but an area is slightly red, I think it may have a very minor chemical burn.

Does anyone have any suggestions for treatment? I know that some creams are the worst thing to put on it, it will only infect the area, and anything like Polysporin will make the area worse if it is infected, it just traps in the infection if it's not totally clean.. I've kept it clean and dry, I'm just wondering if there's anything to speed up the healing process?

Anyone else run into this problem?

beercan9x7

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
to be very general and discreet- I work in healthcare.

These creams should always be applied very lightly, as if you are putting icing on a cupcake that you dont want to break open by rubbing too hard for example.

Rubbing in the cream will also cause this type of increased sensitivity. Whether you rubbed it in or not- the best thing is to wait. This is a very vascular area and it should heal rather quickly. Adding too many other creasm or treatments can cause it to get worse so Id opt that you should leave it alone.

Good luck....
Ive been there myself...

Grit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These products for hair removal should not be used in the pubic areas. I think there is warning info on the labels or product inserts.

Ice or cold-pak (don't keep it on your nuts too long) will give temp relief from the burning and itching.

I suggest you use a little neo-sporin ointment and a little cortizone ointment or creme. (The cortizone will promot healing).

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh how I feel your pain, same thing happened to me...what did I do, like beercan 8x6 says, just leave it alone and it will heal up by itself, that's when I found the fun of going commando.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By and large, the better % of the depilatory products strongly recommend against usage on the genitalia region. However, NAIR has come out with a men's hair removal product and makes no warning about not using it on the pubic hair.

The real trick is to get the stuff off of you real fast after the recommended time and use lukewarm water for cleansing. I'm going to have the next coupla says off and plan on experimenting with it. I'll let you know how it goes.