Depressed After

SR_Ethan Hunke

Just Browsing
Media
Simply put, the times I have had sex or even jacked off to someone I am left feeling depressed and empty afterwards. I'm not sure what could be causing this or even what to make of it, does anyone know?

hairynyc

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This used to happen to me quite often in my 20s and was really distressing. As I understand it can be related to dopamine levels during sex and orgasm and the subsequent crash that occurs. I've heard it referred to as "post ejaculation depression" and it is not uncommon. I don't know that this is what is happening in your case, but it's something to consider.

Smallprivate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Possibly ur like me...strict religious background; so I was pretty much hardwired on a subconscious level to feel guilty and depressed after jacking off. It took me awhile to figure it out.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I feel the same way. I always feel depressed and sad immediately after jerking off.

Perhaps hairynyc is into something and the drop in dopamine is the cause of your and my sadness.

luv4bigdick

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yeah, sometimes I do too as well especially if the sex is spontanous and with someone I'm about 50% attracted to and later I have regrets about the incident, or progressively overtime when I've simply grown bored of the causal sex dating scene.