depressed, stressed and angry

putputt00

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am not really good at starting threads, but I am going to be honest. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder some years back, I have been coping with being depressed, and taking medication & seeing a therapist, but lately I have been so angry and just feeling hopeless. I mean it seems like I have no support from my family, I feel like everyone is against me, I just don't know what to do.I get into arguments with some people in my family like my mother for instants, I told her some time after a little argument, that I am so sorry for being mean, its just that I have been so depressed and so angry I just don't know what to do, and that I can't help it sometimes, she told me i'm just miserable that's why, it really pissed me off, I just don't know why she would say a thing like that after all I have done for her, it's probably the way I was acting, I don't know, but for her to say that just really made me madder. I just don't know what to do, it's just so much going on in my family for one thing it's too much to explain, but I just don't know what to do anymore,I feel hopeless.:confused:

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So sorry you're going through this.
Mental illness runs in the family, perhaps your mother is also going through a bad spell. We hurt the ones we love. She was probably lashing out at life and not at you. Stay on the medications and with therapy. It is important. And if you feel overwhelmed, there are places to go. You should connect with a mentor who you can call in times of crisis.

sixtwo190

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
ask your therapist to roleplay some situations with you, in which your mom or someone says something to you that makes you angry and upset. then decide on language that expresses your feelings without putting the other person on the defensive. the classic example is "when you do (say) ________, it makes me feel ______" Rehearsing these situations is crucial so that you aren't scrambling for what to say when you're in the heated moment.

I wish i had smarter advice for you, but do know that you're not the only one. many of us suffer from emotional inadequacies.

also talk to your therapist about boundaries with people who upset you. perhaps you only see them in public, for instance. or you let them know ahead of time that if they bring up ____________, then you'll politely exit.

just random suggestions. i wanted you to know someone is listening and cares. wish you the best, buddy.

putputt00

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So sorry you're going through this.
Mental illness runs in the family, perhaps your mother is also going through a bad spell. We hurt the ones we love. She was probably lashing out at life and not at you. Stay on the medications and with therapy. It is important. And if you feel overwhelmed, there are places to go. You should connect with a mentor who you can call in times of crisis.

Thanks man, it good to know that someone understands :smile:

putputt00

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ask your therapist to roleplay some situations with you, in which your mom or someone says something to you that makes you angry and upset. then decide on language that expresses your feelings without putting the other person on the defensive. the classic example is "when you do (say) ________, it makes me feel ______" Rehearsing these situations is crucial so that you aren't scrambling for what to say when you're in the heated moment.

I wish i had smarter advice for you, but do know that you're not the only one. many of us suffer from emotional inadequacies.

also talk to your therapist about boundaries with people who upset you. perhaps you only see them in public, for instance. or you let them know ahead of time that if they bring up ____________, then you'll politely exit.

just random suggestions. i wanted you to know someone is listening and cares. wish you the best, buddy.

Thanks

9j6p9

Just Browsing
Media
sorry to hear about this; take care, you're in my prayers, my friend. . .please email me at grnbaypckrs4@hotmail.com. We can email and if you want, we could chat by phone if you feel comfortable doing so at any time. Blessings, buddy!

BBBunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
On the note of meditation what about exercise?
Yoga comes to mind immediately (I have a history of mental illness and it really helps me). It doesn't have to be yoga, any exercise increases your production of endorphins.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Being a person living with lifelong severe depression, I can relate to what you are saying.

What I would recommend to you, is when you get mad at your mom or your parents - don't vent on them. When they say something that makes you mad, don't react by yelling at them, or saying things to counter their claim.

Later in life, you may regret things said, and comments are like missles - once they are launched, you cannot take them back.

Can you move out on your own? Sometimes being your age and still at home causes more stress and anxiety on top of what you are already suffering from.

Further, If you are not happy with your current therapist - seek out another one.
If you don't think your medication is working - ask to change. Be vocal to your doctor about it.

This forum has it's cold individuals, but there's also a large portion of us here that are willing to chat/help where needed.
Hope that helps
C

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Feel for you very much, and hope things improve asap
One of the Mental Illnesses i could never come to grips with, but was always happy to be around such afflicted persons, and just be there
Hope medication assists you my friend, a dedicated Dr is a must i think.
A partner had this along with other things and it was stressful for 2 of us to help him work thru
rikter8 is always good for advice on this.

above all, feel free to use lpsg to air your anger i dont mind using this site for such myself at times, and just ignore the idiots that will surface and try and rubbish you, build on that use it to your advantage
sooner us, than Mum hah
Cheers and try your best matey.

sophomore19

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
BBBunny makes a GREAT point. excercise has been clinically proven to help with depression. Seriously, ask your therapist. Not only will you feel better from the actual working out, but you'll start to look better too, which will also make you feel better about yourself, which will just add another layer of positive feelings. Not that you aren't attractive or that you don't already think you're attractive enough, but let's face it, who wouldn't like to look a little better? ;)

But staying in therapy, staying on your meds, staying physically active, and perhaps even a support group of like-minded people for you to share your experiences with (your therapist could recommend some groups maybe?) should help pull you out of that hole I'm sure you feel like you're in.

Hang in there bro. Depression sucks, but it isn't your fault. Depressions, bipolar disorder, whatever, is a physical disease. It's no more your fault than diabetes or cancer is. But, it IS your fault if you don't try to take care of yourself, so stick with it, it WILL get better. I promise.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Solutoin: you need to get away from toxic people and get into silence and meditation, as well as plunge into something that you love doing.

All the best and take good care!:smile:

(PS: There are a few mean people on here, but there are very much a minority; so just ignore them)

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am not really good at starting threads, but I am going to be honest. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder some years back, I have been coping with being depressed, and taking medication & seeing a therapist, but lately I have been so angry and just feeling hopeless. I mean it seems like I have no support from my family, I feel like everyone is against me, I just don't know what to do.I get into arguments with some people in my family like my mother for instants, I told her some time after a little argument, that I am so sorry for being mean, its just that I have been so depressed and so angry I just don't know what to do, and that I can't help it sometimes, she told me i'm just miserable that's why, it really pissed me off, I just don't know why she would say a thing like that after all I have done for her, it's probably the way I was acting, I don't know, but for her to say that just really made me madder. I just don't know what to do, it's just so much going on in my family for one thing it's too much to explain, but I just don't know what to do anymore,I feel hopeless.:confused:

Sorry to hear that, putputt.
I'd say you should tell your therapist about these feelings you're experiencing, and especially the doctor who prescribed your meds, just in case it could be a side effect of them. Your therapist should be well-equipped with methods and advice on how to help you feel and be better in adverse situations.

PS: Family tend to frustrate us all every now and then, just try to grin and bear it, and maybe find a healthy way to release it, as many posters have mentioned before me.