Depressed... Wondering why no one loves me.

NightOwlGate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I read so many posts on here of gay guys with straight friends who care about them and vice versa and people with lots of friends, but I have almost no friends and I feel so lonely...

11ish

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ive moved a lot in life, and learned people and new friends are networking, make one and hang out with them during group functions, then you meet others.

D_Sal_Manilla

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I read so many posts on here of gay guys with straight friends who care about them and vice versa and people with lots of friends, but I have almost no friends and I feel so lonely...

Dude i would love to get to know you. Your hot, I'm hot (well i think i am) so fair warning that I'm sending you a friend request, even if its just to chat. :)

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
you've just got to find your tribe.
some people are fortunate to find them right on their doorstep. others need to do a bit of searching until they find them.
it's not a fault or a failing with who you are, because you're as worth loving as the next man, it's about meeting those people with whom you feel that spark of connection.

it'll happen.
don't lose heart.

Q Vee

Sexy Member
Media
Life can be difficult and seem lonely at times. If you are really suffering from depression that SO does not help. If you have a health plan please try counseling, and speaking from experience, the first one may not click you may have to go through a few. That is common and not anyone's fault.

In the meantime, you seem like a nice guy and you look cool enough to me. Plus 71 people have become your friend on here. That is pretty good!!! I bet there are other positives you have and I encourage you write them down and put those first on your mind; over any negatives you feel you have.

Your young and you have a lot to live and experience. Don't wait for, visit museums, go to concerts and movies, try the new restaurant in town. If you see a friendly face along the way strike up a conversation. Just a few words and if there is a good vibe, go with it. If not keep it movin'.

Enjoy some of life's pleasures, there are so many people that would trade places with you in a second.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I learned from the hard way that if you didn't have many friends, life could be a constant struggle. Now I try to make friends with as many people as I can.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know EXACTLY where you're coming from. I've moved around a bit though I was in Prague for 17 years. I never developed a real friendship with any one person - except maybe my ex with whom I'm still close. Other people I knew were more acquaintances, not friends - not people I could call on in times of trouble. My best friends are the guys I grew up with in New Orleans. Even those I haven't seen in years are still good friends and when I'm in town we always get together.

Now I'm in Atlanta and have reconnected with former co-workers but that's not gone any further than dinner or a beer or a coffee. They have not asked me to join them at a Christmas party or dinner with other friends. Sometimes I feel better just staying home, working or watching the TV.

I've been told to join a professional networking group but that's work related. I plan on joining a gay nudist group because I think that connection might be a good way of making friends. Otherwise, I'm not sure how, at 56, to make new friends.

tallguypns

Sexy Member
Media
Pensacola, Florida, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Loneliness is humanity. We are all lonely. One can have hundreds of friends and be lonely. One can have no friends and be lonely. One can be surrounded by love and still be lonely. I suffer from depression and know that loneliness of which you speak. But as I've aged, I've found I prefer the company of myself to the company of others. It takes only a few hours among people to realize that I am not comfortable with people. I spend many lonely nights at home. In fact, if I'm not working, I'm usually alone. Now, how does this apply to your situation? You can choose to work on your depression with the help of a therapist, or become like me. Neither is the wrong path. It is all in how you see yourself.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Kinda understand.

I'm not happy with the company of gay men and straight men seem hesitant with mine. Leaving me with friends few and far between.

You learn to live with it.

I have dark days and fortuantly the are usually short lived.

Friends, real friends in life are few and far between, keep looking though, they do pop up every now and again. :)

W

wavejock

I am going to play devils advocate here bro and ask you to look at yourself objectively. I dont know you from a hole in the wall, but I have found that if a person doesnt have a ton of friends or whatever...usually its something about them.. a vibe, something they are projecting, etc etc. Just be objective man...your probably a good guy but maybe you are projecting something. Try it dude....and also there is no shame in talking to a therapist about that..they can really be helpful in helping people understand themselves better and also how others see us. I guarantee that how we see ourselves is not how others always see us...

SR_HollowAngel

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have been where you have more times than I would like, and I have not even hit my 30's.

It does get lonely from time to time, and good friends are really tough to find. right now I just hang around with people that I know a bit. Not really the type to go out and hang out anywhere, or someone you can ask for a favor. Plus being gay makes the possibility of them finding out a little intimidating.

The only thing I can say is that things get better in time. You are fortunate to have this many people online who are willing to chat and add you as a friend (wish I did), including myself.

Life is not always as bad as it seems. All you can do is endure the rough spots and rise to see the sun.

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So what part of the world are you in?
Perhaps you're located near someone who might like to be your friend!
Put it out there and see what happens, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Like one of the posters said " you've just got to find your tribe"...
Perhaps it's been someone here all along.
Good Luck!