Depression and erections

lucidbass

Experimental Member
Media
Anyone notice a significant difference between their erections when they're depressed (as in, straight up, clinically depressed and not just 'really sad')?

When I'm not depressed I'm a good 7 inches, a bit more and really hard. I've been depressed for a few months now and my erections are a bit below 7 inches now, not as hard and so on. I still need magnums for the shaft, but the head just doesn't fill it quite up anymore.

Doesn't bother me that much, it's the least of my concerns about my depression, but it'd still be nice to crack the 7 inch border a few times.

Edit: oops, wrong section, sorry.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depression can definitely reduce libido and erection quality. It varies from person to person, but in general I don't think it can affect things as much as the commonly prescribed medication. Are you on anti-depressants? I don't know what alternatives there are to SSRIs (like Prozac/fluoxetine, sertraline etc.) but that class of drugs will seriously affect your downstairs department.

MrHangman

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I notice a size difference. Sometimes I'll be having sex (I have a lower libido, but my dick still works fine) and I'll be like "wow that doesn't even look like my dick." It's not just shorter, but ... the head is a different shape and it's just ... different looking. I don't know, if you look in my gallery, my sixth picture is a depressed erection. It just ... looks different. Inexplicable. But ... maybe I'm just seeing things. Or maybe I just know my dick better than you do.

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've actually, and most would NEVER guess, been diagnosed as clinically depressed for several years. However I have in the past found that 'forcing' myself to enjoy sex helped!!! It does increase certian chemical exchanges that are beneficial to the mental, physical and the host of other debatable influences. I suggest you make sure you, every one of us, cum EVERY day once or twice daily, eat healthy, treat ourselves well, (THIS IS THE IMPORTANT ONE) talk nice to ourselves!!!!!!! and learn to tell others to fuck off!!!!

Best advice anyone EVER gave me was this: The opinion that ANYONE has of you, or how they describe you, is NONE of your business!!!

You think of that and I can promise you...NEVER AGAIN will you feel less, low or anything other than better. PROMISE!!!!

Now...go jerkoff...drink a beer...tell everyone who doesn't agree to fuck off and enjoy LIFE!!!!

MUCH LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!