Depression and flaccid size?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by SyddyKitty, Dec 20, 2007.

1. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    So, my depression has gotten worse lately (it always does around the holidays). I'd noticed my limpy is smaller than usual, while in warm areas (so it's not winter weather). My erections also suck, on the rare occasion that I get aroused.

Does depression really have that sort of physical effect or is it something else?

2. Axcess

Gold Member

Do you feel sad or do you actually suffer from depression? Plenty of evidence suggests that the depression condiction happen because an chemical inbalance of the brain.

3. _avg_

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, clinical depression can be associated with impotency.

As a monogamous virgin, that issue is secondary to the larger issue of being depressed, which I might suggest seeking professional help for.

4. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not sad, exactly. I was "diagnosed" years ago and "treated" numerous times.

The feelings vary and include sadness, apathy, anger, hatred, self-hatred, loneliness, hopelessness, etc.. There are also time when I'm sickeningly happy but those don't last long, since I carry my emotions on my sleeve and the smallest thing will cause a shift.

Part of the current problem, avg, is I can't afford that kind of thing.

Also, I masturbate a lot (out of boredom rather than arousal) so seeing my member performing like crap effects my perception of myself.

5. B_blackkid

B_blackkid New Member

Yep, sadness detracts from the dick.

Also, if you've been treated for depression did you ever stick to one particular treatment and did they tell you a cause ( chemical? ) because it does sound quite Chemical from either being sad for so long or from simply being born that way; a myth is that chemical depression has a level, and a degree, which are noticeable from onset; it gets worse over time and people who are depressed, even when they are happy, tend to be pessimistic. Random odd/ends; doctor's your friend.

6. _avg_

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've had (have?) this problem as well. Excess masturbation is a *huge* reason for an "underperforming" penis. Give it a couple days rest (like, 2 weeks even) and you'll "perk up" in no time.

7. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I see nothing improbable in the idea that depression of spirits may cause a shrinking of the penis. Think of how fear affects you: think, e.g., of a frightened dog, with its tail drawn in between its legs. Fear seems to cause a reduction in the circulation of the blood to certain parts of the body; I can imagine that depression may do the same thing.

If this is so, then probably the best thing for you, Syddy, is regular and vigorous physical exercise, and I don't mean just whacking off. I believe that it has been proven that regular physical exercise reduces depression. That is more important than improving the size of your "softy," but it may well have that effect as an incidental benefit.

8. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The combined effects of work stress, family holiday fueds, Seasonal Affected Disorder, and background depression result in diminished size and performance for me. I've come to expect it each winter.

I agree with Calboner that regular excercise is a strong anti-depressant. Sometimes I think its the only thing that keeps me sane in winter.

Here's hoping you feel better in 2008.

9. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Hey kitty kitty, listen to calboner, exercise has done wonders with me when ive dealt with minor depression and I'm sure with major depression it works also, Good Luck Kitty!

10. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the input, everyone.

11. aborcrmbe2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Back to your original question. You're not alone. I have noticed some of the same under the cloud of an emotional down time. You might be in a emotional slump, much like an athelete might not be right on his game for a period of time. Either are often taken for granted as being just the way it is. I've found that my best shot at a good day is to wake up saying "I have decided that I will be happy today"

That is often all it takes. Other days I laugh at the thought.

Seeiking professional help is always a good idea when you have reached a point where you even think of it. It's not something you might normally do. You wouldn't accidentally bump into a wall and say "Oh my God, I am blind". You probably woudn't even think anything more of it.

No need to call the firetruck to blow out your match.

Try the easy fix first, it might just work.

:smile:

12. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    I suffer from depression around the holidays. I just had an instance where I tried to play with my bf and nothing happened. That's kind of frustrating.

Like Monster said, exercise is a great boost to mood. I'll be starting it again after the first of the year. Also, get your testosterone levels checked. You could have a low level which also contributes to depression.

13. howami

howami Member

Albums:
    I started another thread asking about anxiety problems..

It's weird, I have the cold right now but my flaccid penis is impressive - it is actually hanging and flopping around, around 3.5", it looks like an elephant trunk. And I am getting erections off and on during the day. Waiting for my wife to come home from work to test him out...

Usually it is 1" and looks like I just jumped out of a cold shower.

And I don't have any feelings of anxiety or depression right now. I'm not taking any cold medicine so to rule that out.

I wonder what drug I can be prescribed to have the same effects....

Draft saved Draft deleted