Describe your happiness in ONE word.

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi! :)

I've recently explored an growing interest in Yoga and Meditation - and so I bought a Meditation book not long ago. The first chapter reads about how the author first came into contact with the phenomen of Meditation. She writes about a task, more like a question to ponder, she got from her Meditation (Yoga)-master. He said she had to be patient, and not try to rush the answer, wait and it'll embrace her.

The question reads: "What is happiness to you, in just one word?".

After about 6 months of thinking, the author writes she found her answer while hiking with her friends. The word? : "Humans". Humans is what best describes her happiness.

Now, this is, to me, a very profound question. I haven't thought anyway near as long as she had, but, so far, my answer would be : "Meetings".

Meetings of humans, people, family, friends, new people. Meetings of cultures, interests, countries. Meetings of different ideas, views, thoughts. Meetings.

So, my question to you is, if you had to describe in only one word; What is happiness to you? (Please also explain what you mean with your chosen word, as a single word without any description as to why or what the word means to you, can be confusing.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Random gal

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think for me, happiness could be described as "nurturing".

I love to nurture people - children, friends. colleagues, pets.... I am at my happiest when I am cooking meals for groups of friends and family. I love the planning and remembering everyone's favourite dishes; I love the prep; I love the serving and the feeding; I love the contented sounds of people enjoying their food.

I love caring for a sick friend, child or lover. I love always remembering what different people like and using that information to make them happy.

I also love being nurtured. If I am sick and someone brings me a meal or a magazine I like - all without being asked - it can bring me to tears. When someone expresses worry or care about me; willing to defend me - my heart is full.

So I think nurturing is my happiness.

Reactions: Random gal