Describe your happiness in ONE word.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Connection.

The really intense connection of souls that is usually found through love, but can also be found through extreme lust. The connection feeling isn't limited to sexual partners though. It includes my family, my close friends, my pets etc.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Illumination

Discovering, learning, seeing, experiencing new things helps me to fit bits of the world and life together and the understanding is like a pleasant little light-bulb switching on in my head.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Laughter.

The day I stop laughing at the stuff I've always found funny is the day I take a long walk off a short cliff.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Illumination

Discovering, learning, seeing, experiencing new things helps me to fit bits of the world and life together and the understanding is like a pleasant little light-bulb switching on in my head.

Sounds a bit like evolving but with out the light bulb thingy!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I can come up with quite a few words that describe my happiness. I really like Happyboi's "meetings".. Today a young friend of mine, a former employee, who has been in the army for 6 months, walked in and our mutual happiness at meeting again was so warm and it was nice to be in that room.

Friendship. Friendship makes me happy. If one has good friends, friends that can be counted on, you'll never be unhappy for long.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Similar, yes.

I read evolving to mean more along the lines of personal growth which I don't always associate with happiness. Mine is the more simplistic, "Oh, cool. I see.", moments.

Well evolving is not always undiluted happiness but what is? Evolving is not easy but someone told me once... "You have to be willing to lose sight of the shore in order to swim to a distant land which may well hold the future you desire."

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well evolving is not always undiluted happiness but what is? Evolving is not easy but someone told me once... "You have to be willing to lose sight of the shore in order to swim to a distant land which may well hold the future you desire."

Whoever told you that was a poet!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
mindfulness
Interesting! So u enjoy the present and don't drag urself down with what's before or after?
Well, ideally, yup.
Nothing is ever ideal, of course.

I think our happiest moments are when we want nothing ... and those come only when we move around that grasping, grabby self that is always hungry and always crying for some form of ice cream.
And then we get a moment of pure experiencing in which we recognize that we are entirely conscious of happiness, conscious too that it's nothing special, and conscious that it's always there in some sense, though blanked out by whatever confusions are part of our own signature patterns.
This is a Buddhist view, but I think one confirmed here and there in everyone's experience.

Last edited: