Describe your happiness in ONE word.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Egolessness

Not sure that is a proper word, but to let go of the ego mind and be at peace with all that is in the eternal moment of now ...that is what I think of as happiness.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Egolessness

Not sure that is a proper word, but to let go of the ego mind and be at peace with all that is in the eternal moment of now ...that is what I think of as happiness.

That's right, you better let go of my eggo son...

Oh ego.

Transitory.

Well, ideally, yup.
Nothing is ever ideal, of course.

I think our happiest moments are when we want nothing ... and those come only when we move around that grasping, grabby self that is always hungry and always crying for some form of ice cream.
And then we get a moment of pure experiencing in which we recognize that we are entirely conscious of happiness, conscious too that it's nothing special, and conscious that it's always there in some sense, though blanked out by whatever confusions are part of our own signature patterns.
This is a Buddhist view, but I think one confirmed here and there in everyone's experience.
Yep. It comes most readily when we're just getting on with things, enjoying them and not desperately seeking it?

Usually, everyday mundane things, often unplanned, give me the most pleasure.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wanted to say SEX, but it had to be one word describing mind blowing, totally fulfilling sex. So I just glanced at all the answers (I swear I wasn't looking at the posters who wrote the words) and I cam across:

Connection.

The really intense connection of souls that is usually found through love, but can also be found through extreme lust. The connection feeling isn't limited to sexual partners though. It includes my family, my close friends, my pets etc.

Bingo. Then I look at the writer... blew my mind that it was you who wrote it.

Great minds, baby.