Desensitized Penis?

junior15074: I was circumcised when I was twelve, because of foreskin problems. Since that time I haven't noticed the head of my dick becoming desensitized. If I have gone a few days without cumming I will generally cum a lot sooner and have problems lasting my usual length of time. I didn't realize this was an issue for some guys. My glans have always been sensitive, maybe because I wasn't circumcised until I was twelve.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi, junior:

When I was around 12 yo, my brother-in-law, who lived with us, was circumcised and off work for a week to recover. This impressed me and perhaps "shook" me up just thinking about my penis being cut on.

What do you recall having to go through with your operation? Was it as terrible as it seems?

Although I'm intact, like you I cum quicker after even skipping one day and each additional day I skip cumming seems to shorten the length of time before shooting my streams. My balls even begin to signal the need to explode when I skip days.

BTW, I'm 74 years old.

Luke

junior15074: Roystoy, They put me out for the actual surgery. I do remember the head of my penis was very red. For a 12 year old who never saw their glans before it was quite dramatic. When I would go to the bathroom, the urine would shoot out with such force it surprised me. My penis healed fairly quickly. It has remained sensitive even to this day. If I go a period of time without relieving myself I can cum pretty quickly. When I had my foreskin, my dad who was circumcised, never told me how to take care of my foreskin (he didn't know either) I always wondered if someone did show me how to care of it, would it been necessary to have the surgery in the first place. Anyhow the head is still sensitive and I have to be careful how it rubs against things. I tried to wear boxes, (it would be easier on me) however the friction on the glans makes it uncomfortable so I wear extra large briefs for the room. It keeps things in one place so the head doesn't move around.

mistergrasso: [quote author=spork link=board=health;num=1069684910;start=0#16 date=01/10/04 at 23:31:36]For the circumcised guys who are losing sensitivity, try using a condom to protect the glans during the day.  Don't unroll it all the way, just enough to cover the head and stay on.

If you aren't cut tightly, you can pull the foreskin up over the head first, which works even better.  In this situation you can also just use that white first-aid tape or a band-aid to hold the skin over the glans.  

Try it for a week or so and see what happens.
[/quote]Does This really work? Should one use a sheepskin condom to better imitate a foreskin? I have thought about this before but thought the idea was born out of my own penchant for quackery.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for your prompt and thorough reply, junior15074.
Had the internet been available when you were 12 yo. lots of info re. your condition would have been helpful.

I know it must have been an eye opener when first seeing your penis head! I can't imagine how that would be, b/c my foreskin has always been loose and could totally peel back. I empathize with you, however, re. your Father's not explaining 'facts of life' with you. Generally, thanks to the computer, tv and all mass communication we have become more open to all subjects.

I'll be checking for your future postings and good luck with your method of keeping your dick head from moving around.

Luke

spork: [quote author=mistergrasso link=board=health;num=1069684910;start=20#23 date=01/14/04 at 08:31:35]
Does This really work? Should one use a sheepskin condom to better imitate a foreskin? I have thought about this before but thought the idea was born out of my own penchant for quackery. [/quote]

No need for sheepskin, it's just there to protect the head when you're not using it, or to hold the foreskin up if you're not cut short. Does it work? It works very well for me...try it yourself, it's not like it's a big time or money commitment.

iggy: i was circumcized when i was 13... and i think and do notice that my dick is desensitizes over the years... it is also somewhat dry...

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Keep your dick lubed up, izzy. Keep a mixture of Johnson's baby oil and vitamin E oil for massaging in after shower/bath. It'll make a world of difference immediately and as time goes on.

Luke

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You're welcome, izzy, it's always my pleasure to try to advise guys who ask questions, especially about such pleasing things with beneficial results from enjoyable activities (such as massaging the penis)

Keep that dick pliant, dude!

Luke :eek:

javyn: if circumcision was good enough for Moses, it's good enough for me. wasn't he known for his snake staff anyway? :)

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=junior15074 link=board=health;num=1069684910;start=20#22 date=01/14/04 at 08:17:04]  When I had my foreskin, my dad who was circumcised, never told me how to take care of my foreskin (he didn't know either) I always wondered if someone did show me how to care of it, would it been necessary to have the surgery in the first place.  [/quote]

Well, like you, I'm the uncut son of a cut man. No one in my family knew what to do with it, so they did nothing, and I guess that was the best approach. I never saw my glans 'til I was about 9 or 10, I think the age at which the foreskin separates from the glans varies with each individual.

Fortunately I never developed any problems with mine, and still have it.

JDAtlanta: I hope I'm not coming in too late on this conversation but I just wanted to share my own experience here.

I went to see a urologist over this about 10 years ago and they didn't what to do about it or say about it. Of the 5 different professionals I met with, only one of them was brave enough to give what I had a name so that I could start to research it. He called it retarded ejaculation..being just about the polar opposite of premature.

There was very little information on that back in the day and the best anyone could suggest was seeing a sex therapist (they thought it had to be psychological) and starting what was at the time very controversial masturbation therapy.

Well, there was nothing wrong psychologically. I loved sex. And I loved it all the time with my wife, but the resulting lack of orgasm made her feel otherwise and after 13 years of marriage she was convinced that I was mentally fucked beyong all belief and she did what she felt she had to do and she is now my ex.

I have been with a couple of partners since that time. A couple of male lovers I have gotten off with but only because I haven't found anyone that I trusted enough to have anal sex with and so finishing up was always by hand. And that has never been a problem.

The first female partner I've had loved the fact that I could forever and continue to get her off. Our first time together was 6 hours straight on the same hardon and no climax. She knew my history and made no issue out of it so I didn't feel pressured. She told her friends about how long I go for (average is about 3 hours) and they all have various nicknames for me...one being The Lumberjack. Anyone got any clue what that means? I digress...

From what I had been able to find, some of the sensitivity going is blamed on hitting puberty so early and learning to masturbate at a very young age. Has anyone else heard anything like this? The tight circumcision is the first I've heard of that. Has anyone heard if there's a way to reverse that? I had once read about some ring "tool" that a bunch of folks were using the stretch the skin around the head and create a type of foreskin. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=JDAtlanta link=board=health;num=1069684910;start=20#32 date=03/02/04 at 08:10:40]  Of the 5 different professionals I met with, only one of them was brave enough to give what I had a name so that I could start to research it.  He called it retarded ejaculation..being just about the polar opposite of premature.[/quote]

JD, I suffered for a short but very distressing time from something similar .. the name I think for what I had is "ejaculatory incompetence", or so I discovered later.  Maybe it was very different in origin from what you faced, but the result was much the same.  I could not come.

It hit in my mid 20s.  In my case it was 100% psychological, and it coincided with the peak of my sexual performance and with when I began sexual activity in earnest (marriage).  I was so conscious of the force and amount of my ejaculations (easily in proportion to my size, in fact way in excess of what would be in proportion to it) that something deep seated in me held me back from letting go inside, it seemed too gross a thing to do.  I got over it in the end by making sure to have come by jacking off not too long before having sex, to reduce the force and amount.  Seems crazy, but it worked.

The same stratagem helped with my other problem, which developed as soon as I had got over this one - coming too quickly.   You'd think those two problems would be the exact reverse of each other, and I must be crazy to have had them both  :)  

But one was a psychological barrier, and when that was dealt with the other purely physical one soon appeared.  I think probably more men than might like to admit it have had problems in this area, and you are in good company.  Shame your ex hadn't the wisdom to help you work it through.