Designer Clothing

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by rangisrovus19, Dec 23, 2006.

1. rangisrovus19

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Is it me, or does anyone else have a designer clothing obsession?

2. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

As more and more low-end stores have copied desinger fits to their clothes (which to me is the only true benefit of designer items), the need to pay a zillion dollars for something has waned.

3. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

I am a designer clothes ho.

4. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

DUH.

5. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Have you been peeping through my drawers and in my closets?

6. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I am wearing a pair of your Polo boxers right now...

7. naughty

Gold Member

Well,

I wear Boho designer clothing. The company is called Bluefish. My shoes are by Cydwoq and Giraudon. Accesories by fiber artists from across the country.Though that is not my intent I know I will not be seen in anything like what I wear often. I just have to make sure I dont look too Willy Wonkaesque! LOL!

8. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

That's ok, they're old. Most of my new boxers are either Brooks Brothers or Burberry.

9. hypolimnas

hypolimnas Well-Known Member

Nup not at all, recovered label junkie here.

I do have a mixed collection of clothes. Some I wear, some are just in the collection. I still have some outrageous clothes from the eighties, when I was in my twenties.

I have lots of retro clothes from charity stores. It is a great hobby of mine to go hunting. I am currently collecting some amazing 70s ties! Can't imagine ever wearing them, but you never know. I have a dozen 70s tailored jackets as well, LOL.

I have a few armed forces shirts for the odd special event.:rolleyes:

These days I do have some designer underwear, all were gifts. Other than that I am totally reformed, and only wear a little Armani, or if that doesn't work I have a few Versace things for every day.

Many items have been gifts from lovers (ooh, did I just confess?). I like mixing and matching too. Most days I am wearing something vintage, and something with a label.

It's more my own combination now, whereas before I was a total clothes horse whore. Oh the shame!:redface:

10. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wear clothes that fit.

I really don't care who made them, as long as they fit and look good.

I've often found the designer clothing fetish to be a bit, uh... pretentious? Who really CARES who made the clothes unless it's a famous designer and you're on a red carpet? Nobody, really.

11. BlackCock85

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm an AE Junkie.......if that counts as designer clothing? On most days you can catch me in 99% AE from head to toe.

12. hypolimnas

hypolimnas Well-Known Member

I've often found the designer clothing fetish to be a bit, uh... pretentious? Who really CARES who made the clothes unless it's a famous designer and you're on a red carpet? Nobody, really.[/quote]

Easy for you to say. You have a dog to flaunt.:wink:

13. snoozan

Gold Member

I just can't imagine spending $300 or more on a pair of jeans. Or whatever. Like everyone else, I have my certain things where money is no object (anything related to photography), but clothes aren't it. Clothes look good if they fit well, and if you're an astute shopper you can find brands that are very inexpensive that fit your body well. It's all a matter of taking the time to find what's flattering on your figure.

The one thing i really don't get is designer handbags. Granted, my main bag is a seatbelt bag ( Welcome to Harvey's Home of the Original Seatbeltbag ), which is by no means cheap, but I like it because it's creative, distinctive, and indestructible. I've seen so many Prada bags and the like which look like something I could buy at Wal-Mart. At least with designer clothing, theoretically, you're getting some cutting-edge fashion.

Like Naughty, I tend to like things that are a little boho/hippie chic. I have serious lust for Dansko clogs. But again, those things are really comfortable and last about a million years. I have a pair that looks like total shit because I've scuffed the leather, but otherwise they are tanks with virtually no functional wear and tear at all.

I'm not saying that if you like designer clothes it's wrong, it's just not my thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted