Designer eyebrows???

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I thought this was odd at first... but the more I think about it, the cooler I think it is. I've seen women with designer eyebrows... plucked and shaped into cool designs. A good example would be in YouTube - The Dresden Dolls - Coin-Operated Boy... When it hits about 1 min 15 secs or so, you can see her eyebrows really well and I think they're awesome! Do any of you do this, or think it's cool too??

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have my eyebrows waxed once a month (I can just never seem to get as nice of a shape on my own as a professional aesthetician can), but I keep them on the conservative side. I'm much more interested in my entire face looking well-groomed and pretty than in calling attention to the brows themselves.

I think it takes a person with a very dramatic style to pull off designer eyebrows, and I tend much more toward a classic or sporty/natural style.

Those that can, though, look very striking.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Holly has gotten this absolutely right. I think keeping your eyebrows natural, but well-groomed is a lot more attractive than designing them in a crazy style. I think guys would approve the natural style rather than some freaky brow'dos.

I have my eyebrows waxed once a month (I can just never seem to get as nice of a shape on my own as a professional aesthetician can), but I keep them on the conservative side. I'm much more interested in my entire face looking well-groomed and pretty than in calling attention to the brows themselves.

I think it takes a person with a very dramatic style to pull off designer eyebrows, and I tend much more toward a classic or sporty/natural style.

Those that can, though, look very striking.

BremerChick

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah the term we normally used is "tattoed" tattooed eyebrows are somewat cool but not because what if they do it wrong and they arent the removable kind, umm yeah i dont want to be stuck with a permananent, pissed off look. I would never do it. I dont really think thats the smartest idea but if someone wants that then go for it i guess but not me

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
They are really cool!

I hope they don't become too trendy, it's bad enough that some women are clueless when it comes to beauty enhancing, tweezer work.

Getting it tattooed is a decision best thought through, the trend could quickly become very tacky!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
They are really cool!

I hope they don't become too trendy, it's bad enough that some women are clueless when it comes to beauty enhancing, tweezer work.

Getting it tattooed is a decision best thought through, the trend could quickly become very tacky!

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was a tattoo or not... Hrm....

missmakeup4u

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here is what Amanda has to say about her eyebrows on her website.

"Amanda, are your eyebrows tattoos?"

No, I was born this way. I am a specially bred member of the Illuminati and they function sort of like alien bar codes. Every time I travel to the center of the earth I have to press my face up against a large glass cog with laser beams scanning my face to gain admittance. For those of you who want the look, though, I suggest a Mach 3 and Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner in Black or Dark Gray.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hmm. this thread has given me a pause to stop and think about my eyebrows- currently 'au naturel'- but not too attractive and it would probably widen my eyes a bit to do something. hmmmm. will have to think about it.
Along the same vein, I HAVE thought about eyelash extensions, a girlfriend has them and they look completely natural. Mine are hideously short and I hate loads of mascara- none of which seem to help mine, anyway!:rolleyes:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hmm. this thread has given me a pause to stop and think about my eyebrows- currently 'au naturel'- but not too attractive and it would probably widen my eyes a bit to do something. hmmmm. will have to think about it.
Along the same vein, I HAVE thought about eyelash extensions, a girlfriend has them and they look completely natural. Mine are hideously short and I hate loads of mascara- none of which seem to help mine, anyway!:rolleyes:
I read somewhere that eyelash extensions are becoming so popular in some areas of the country it's second only to breast augmentation. They use hair from the back of your neck and it's supposed to be a fairly uncomplicated surgery, although I can't bear to think about anyone coming near my eyes with a sharp instrument.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I read somewhere that eyelash extensions are becoming so popular in some areas of the country it's second only to breast augmentation. They use hair from the back of your neck and it's supposed to be a fairly uncomplicated surgery, although I can't bear to think about anyone coming near my eyes with a sharp instrument.

Good 'point' MB- I'd not have a sharp instrument near my eyes either- however, around these parts, there's a simpler procedure, where they just use a very special glue to put on tiny extensions to your natural lashes, relatively inexpensive, your lashes grow normally, you can trim the extensions yourself as needed, and, subsequent applications are cheaper still. I haven't tried it yet, but probably will. LOL I have posted an "eye" pic in the gallery to demonstrate why this procedure attracts me!!:biggrin1: