Details Magazine Hung article

Cardinal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The march issue of details magazine has an article about being hung. In summary, it says:
1. yes, size does matter and bigger is better.
2. yes, guys with big cocks do have BDS - big dick syndrome - meaning they are more confident and nothing bothers them cuz even if they get dumped or lose their job they still have a big dick and in the end, that is the measure of man.

To be fair, the article is a little more balanced than my summary, but not by far! Anyway, I found the article amusing..

espreggels

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is this a gay magazine?

It's one of those "men's magazines," pitched at an audience somewhere between those of Maxim and Men's Health. Not worth paying for in my experience, though it may be worth browsing through at a dentist's office and the like.

Here's the article, by the way. It's not too bad, though inevitably a little shallow. Interestingly, it claims that regular Magnums are the same width as regular condoms, at least at the base. The greater size is due to a baseball-bat effect; it gets wider near the top, making it easier to initially roll on. I didn't know that. XLs are actually larger, though.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Details is gay-friendly but predominately marketed towards the sophisticated man. ah, what the hell. i'm calling it a bi-sexual magazine.

i read it when i can....depending on who's on the cover. lol...

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
IHere's the article, by the way. It's not too bad, though inevitably a little shallow.

Thanks for the link. My read of the article is different from Cardinal's:

In summary, it says:
1. yes, size does matter and bigger is better.

I didn't get that from the article. The benefits that were described in the article were mostly benefits which come from having self-confidence: being able to roll with the punches, deal with adversity, face new situations. My penis isn't what makes these things possible.

A large penis can be a source of self-confidence, but there are plenty of other sources as well. I'll acknowledge, with a touch of cynicism, that had the article been called "Does Self-Confidence Matter?" instead, it would be a major snooze-fest, less titillating, and would sell fewer magazines.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to confess, I must have Big Dick Syndrome because I identify with everything that article is saying. I am spontaneous, adventurous and bad news doesn't really faze me. I never talk about my size to my friends, but they all know I have a big dick. When I see someone that may be better looking, or have more money or whatever, I tend to think yeah but would I want to trade places with him and just have an average dick. Maybe it is just self-confidence. And maybe I would be the same with a little dick. I will never know the answer to that question. It is just a part of me.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Details is gay-friendly but predominately marketed towards the sophisticated man. ah, what the hell. i'm calling it a bi-sexual magazine.

i read it when i can....depending on who's on the cover. lol...

Amen to that...and sometimes those teaser lines on the cover. :smile:

espreggels

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't get that from the article. The benefits that were described in the article were mostly benefits which come from having self-confidence: being able to roll with the punches, deal with adversity, face new situations. My penis isn't what makes these things possible.

A large penis can be a source of self-confidence, but there are plenty of other sources as well. I'll acknowledge, with a touch of cynicism, that had the article been called "Does Self-Confidence Matter?" instead, it would be a major snooze-fest, less titillating, and would sell fewer magazines.

I see where you're coming from, but it seemed to me that the article was making the point that for the guys in it, their penis was the source of their confidence; and moreover, that having a big dick is the ultimate source of self-confidence, trumping riches, fame, good looks, talent, and hard work.

Of course, I don't really agree that this is the case. First, it's written in that exaggerate-everything men's magazine style, and second, it's clearly untrue for all hung guys -- you only need to take a look around this website and see the self-doubting well-endowed. Still, I think there's a kernel of truth to the idea that having a big dick is an inherent advantage -- it matters, in other words.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
I see where you're coming from, but it seemed to me that the article was making the point that for the guys in it, their penis was the source of their confidence; and moreover, that having a big dick is the ultimate source of self-confidence, trumping riches, fame, good looks, talent, and hard work.

Of course, I don't really agree that this is the case. First, it's written in that exaggerate-everything men's magazine style, and second, it's clearly untrue for all hung guys -- you only need to take a look around this website and see the self-doubting well-endowed. Still, I think there's a kernel of truth to the idea that having a big dick is an inherent advantage -- it matters, in other words.
Another post that beat me to the punch. Dang!