Dexter-The Dark Avenger

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits, Feb 28, 2008.

1. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Is anyone into the Showtime series Dexter? It is now moving to CBS. I am interested to see how many scenes had to be cut out. For those that do not know what I am talking about, here is a brief synopsis:

"Based on the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay, DEXTER stars Emmy and Golden Globe Award-nominated Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan, an incredibly likeable forensics expert for the Miami Metro Police Department who also happens to be a serial killer¬óbut one with his own moral code in that he only kills murderers who can't otherwise be brought to justic."

If you are a Michael C. Hall fan, here is your chance to see him acting at his finest.

Here is the CBS link to the site:
    Home - Dexter on CBS

Very interested to know if there are others on the site that follow this show. Would like to have someone to chat about it. Also if anyone is into Forensic t.v. or the series American Justice, 48 hours, etc interested in chatting about cases.

2. Yoyototo

Yoyototo Member

Albums:
    Someone told me it was on CBS but it's still going to be on Showtime right?
    If they move to primetime most cussing, nudity, and violence will be gone and that will piss me off.

3. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Actually season 2 ended on Showtime fairly recently. But never fear the show has been picked up for a 3rd season. But in the meanwhile people can play catch up with the "cleaner" version, starting with season 1, on CBS.

Here is the awesome website from Showtime. They even printed the schedule for CBS. Enjoy the site they really have some cool stuff (ie how to do blood splattering)

Showtime : Dexter Official Site

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I caught Dexter on CBS last week for the first time.

I'm hooked.

5. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
  6. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

I read the book first and the show is just an added bonus.
    It is very easy to get hooked on, but of course one must have a strong stomach. I don't recommend those faint of heart to see or read Dexter.

7. Axcess

Gold Member

I don't watch tv so I never watch this show .

8. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

No HungDavid I was not referring to you. You only watch Star Wars and Chuck Norris movies. Oops wrong thread. :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted