DH Men Fight to Save Women

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by B_RoysToy, Oct 2, 2005.

1. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

The morning newspapers carry a story re. Ricardo Chavira, 34, who plays wheeler-dealer Carlos Solis, and James Denton, 42, who plays plumber Mike Delfino, being spokesmen for the 10th annual Lee National Denim Day, Oct 7.

Across the country, employees are asked to wear denim to work next Friday and pay $5 for the privilege. The money goes to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Chavira, who stole a car at age 16 so he could reach his dying mother's bedside, said, "It's not just a woman's disease. Any woman who's diagnosed has a family." Chavira is now raising his own son in San Antonio, away from Hollywood and closer to his mom's roots. Denton's mother died in 2002, before he finally found stardom and before the birth of his two children.

Luke

2. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

That kind of donation would get me to being broke in no time - 100$ per month isn't bad. I don't actually wear denim for work, but I wear it when I go there and when I go back. But I guess I'll give a fiver too on Friday.

Stealing a car to reach his dying mother's bedside... hats down for that. Well, I hope he returned it afterwards.

Bruce

3. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

I won't be going to work on the 7th to pay, Bruce, but it will sure be worth $5.00 getting to see all the dudes decked out in their jeans. You raise a good question about Ricardo returning the car, i.e., one that I would like knowing the answer to.

:think: Luke

Draft saved Draft deleted