Dhea

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
mfoley said:
What's dhea? :confused:

In the body, it is produced by the adrenal glands and your body automatically converts it to testosterone.

The suppliment, DHEA, is a precursor to testosterone. Injesting it, I am highly skeptical that it can be converted to testosterone.
When I took it for a while, I felt energized. I wouldn't believe any of the body building or anti-aging claims that I've read.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I took it for about a year, about 5 years ago. It definitely thickened the hair growth on my body and slowed greying.

I quit taking it when I began having problems peeing, thinking that it was affecting my prostate. It may have been the case, as the problem went away and I never went back to taking DHEA.

B_Danceswithlamps

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Hmm. Thanks Caneadea. Usually I post something like that, then I go off and figure out what it is, and then come back and post again. But thanks for the explaination. Google never gets to the point...

So it affected your prothstate pecker? Well, I know I'm not going to take it any time soon!

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Interesting information form Wikipedia on the topic.
  • In Canada, a prescription is required to buy DHEA.
  • in March 2007, in the U.S. Senate (S. 762) that attempts to classify DHEA as a controlled substance under the category of anabolic steroids.