Diabetes and your penis

D

deleted356736

Type 2 diabetes can be cured through weight loss, and gastric bypass surgery is a legitimate way to lose weight. This is assuming that we classify adult-onset diabetes that is secondary to medical condition as secondary diabetes, which is what I have. In Australia, we do not classify all instances adult onset diabetes as type 2 as it became too confusing, and the treatment regimes between type 2 and secondary diabetes are vastly different. Pancreas damage requires a very different treatment to obesity.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
4 years ago, I was diagnosed as a Type 2 non-insulin dependent diabetic. The doctor said that it was still within my control to avoid having it get worse, but I had to do the right things. He instructed me to clean up my diet and get on the ball with exercise. I bought a road bike and starting cycling 15 miles daily to work and back instead of driving. Instantly eliminated from my consumption were sugar in all forms, potato, white flour, white rice, white pasta, and alcoholic beverages. He said that a cheat or 2 per month would be okay as long as my day-in, day-out routine is clean. I'll indulge in a margarita or some wine once a month, but that's about it. I take metformin 500 mg. daily. My blood sugar levels are consistently around 125 - 130 with 110 or below being the target. By eliminating the refined carbs, I dropped 65 pounds 4 years ago and have kept it off. Discipline and self-control are things that I have to always be aware of as I want to stay as healthy as possible for the remainder of my years. The cool thing about the bike is that I really got into it as a substitute for running and like to do 25 mile and 50 mile cycling events. I'm not the fastest guy out there, but the important thing is that I do it.

One other thought: When I was my most obese, I had a difficult time getting it up, keeping it up, and getting off. I thought it was from getting older. As I became healthier from the improved diet and exercise, I was once again able to perform sexually like I did in my 20s, 30s, and 40s. Nice to know that the equipment still works!

Last edited:

D_Fletchyer Flagpole

Sexy Member
Media
One of the best suggestions I can offer is keep your sugars in check. I know--not always an easy thing to do, but it will help prevent problems like ED as well as the numerous others.

Got a thread of my own about diabetes: http://www.lpsg.org/150036-diabetic-thread.html#post2336510

Feel free to check it out and put in your own two cents. Take care! BigSki

NightFish

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
insulin and meds may cause a problem with prowess. please don't assume the rest of us can maintain the "numbers" cbrmale has. my MD feels I am dealing effectively with my diabetes even though the numbers are higher. I'll never have a 5.5 AiC in my life.

p.s.: I'm a "real" type II diabetic with a family history of diabetes. It's not from eating and drinking like a pig. when pre-diabetic, I often suffered hypoglycemic episodes with readings as low as 60.

hope none of you readers have to live with this disorder.

I too am a Type II Diabetic thanks to my family background. "mother was native american". I've been living with this disease for around 8 years now. I take my pills, watch my diet and get plenty of exercise. My erections have never been better. I think the fitness is the key...