Diabetes-related Erectile Dysfunction &c.

dcjohnny

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi, folks! I initially broached this topic elsewhere in this Forum, in response to a related question about Erectile Dysfunction, and in response to an answer from the ever-thoughtful DMW. I was diagnosed with Type II (Adult Onset) diabetes in late 1995, but it's only in the last three or four years that there has been a noticable change in my ability to "perform." By now, I reckon that I am about 65% impotent. I can raise a "semi," and have an ejeculation, but in the immediate aftermath I have considerable tingling in what the Church Lady (of Saturday Night Live fame) used to call the "groinal area." It's part of the neuropathy which many diabetics experience in various of their extremties -- for instance, most of my neuropathy is in my feet.

So my question is: Anybody else here familiar with this, either from personal experience, or knowledge of someone in my situation? Any and all comments are very gratefully received!!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Diabetes only causes impotence if you ignore it, Caleb. If you get medical help, you can save your penis.

dcjohnny

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Calebshung+Jul 23 2005, 05:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Calebshung &#064; Jul 23 2005, 05:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dcjohnny@Jul 23 2005, 01:38 AM
Hi, folks&#33;  I initially broached this topic elsewhere in this Forum, in response to a related question about Erectile Dysfunction, and in response to an answer from the ever-thoughtful DMW.  I was diagnosed with Type II (Adult Onset) diabetes in late 1995, but it&#39;s only in the last three or four years that there has been a noticable change in my ability to "perform."  By now, I reckon that I am about 65% impotent.  I can raise a "semi," and have an ejeculation, but in the immediate aftermath I have considerable tingling in what the Church Lady (of Saturday Night Live fame) used to call the "groinal area."  It&#39;s part of the neuropathy which many diabetics experience in various of their extremties -- for instance, most of my neuropathy is in my feet.

So my question is:  Anybody else here familiar with this, either from personal experience, or knowledge of someone in my situation?  Any and all comments are very gratefully received&#33;&#33;
[post=330918]Quoted post[/post]​
hope it&#39;s not...my grandfather is diabetic..doen&#39;t it skip a generation?
[post=330971]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey, Caleb -- The best information about the genetic connection is: No, it doesn&#39;t invariably skip a generation. My mother is diabetic. Her mother was not, although her sister (my great aunt) was. She died not long after her diagnosis, since she lived in the days before insulin drugs. Your own physician should be regularly monitoring your blood sugar. Mine did, and it didn&#39;t show up until I was in my early 50s. Good luck&#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]

penilecode

Just Browsing
Media
No matter how well you take care of yourself, I know people that still have ED that are diabetic. Some use a pump and get erection and use a cockring to help keep erection. It is a circulation problem that diabetics get. If they smoke it is even worse on them.
Man take good care of your feet too and don&#39;t go barefoot for any reason esp. with not having good feeling in your feet. I work with diabetic everyday and see all types of problems.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Then again, there are diabetics who never experience erectile dysfunction: everyone&#39;s different. One of my brothers was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 9. Now in his twenties, his cock is still a monolith.

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by dcjohnny@Jul 23 2005, 05:38 AM
Hi, folks&#33; I initially broached this topic elsewhere in this Forum, in response to a related question about Erectile Dysfunction, and in response to an answer from the ever-thoughtful DMW. I was diagnosed with Type II (Adult Onset) diabetes in late 1995, but it&#39;s only in the last three or four years that there has been a noticable change in my ability to "perform." By now, I reckon that I am about 65% impotent. I can raise a "semi," and have an ejeculation, but in the immediate aftermath I have considerable tingling in what the Church Lady (of Saturday Night Live fame) used to call the "groinal area." It&#39;s part of the neuropathy which many diabetics experience in various of their extremties -- for instance, most of my neuropathy is in my feet.

So my question is: Anybody else here familiar with this, either from personal experience, or knowledge of someone in my situation? Any and all comments are very gratefully received&#33;&#33;

--------------------------------------

dcjohnny,

I have neuropathy of feet and hands which is associated to Diabetes Type 2, and presented it&#39;self a few years after my second cardiac arrest in &#39;95. Took hold quickly and took hold very advances. I feel like I&#39;m walking on bubble rapt lit cigarettes. Hand have a combo of snapping fingers due to tendon entrapment and the numbness as would be expected.

With the combo of 14 different medications daily-, and physical compromise basically all I have left is thinkin bout the past. And thanking the almighty that my wife who likewise has been denied sex sticks with me.

My first heart attack was in 1988 while having sex, our usual very good sex. So when the physicians said cut it out, I did and she did.

blackwood

dcjohnny

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Jul 26 2005, 09:47 PM
Then again, there are diabetics who never experience erectile dysfunction: everyone&#39;s different. One of my brothers was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 9. Now in his twenties, his cock is still a monolith.
[post=331941]Quoted post[/post]​

DMW -- I hope that brother doesn&#39;t need to be reminded how very fortunate he is&#33;&#33; Sounds like like he has Type I (Juvenile) diabetes. I wonder if the symtomology varies bewteen mine (Type II) and his. Cheers to both of you&#33;

dcjohnny

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by blackwood+Jul 26 2005, 11:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blackwood &#064; Jul 26 2005, 11:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dcjohnny@Jul 23 2005, 05:38 AM
Hi, folks&#33;  I initially broached this topic elsewhere in this Forum, in response to a related question about Erectile Dysfunction, and in response to an answer from the ever-thoughtful DMW.  I was diagnosed with Type II (Adult Onset) diabetes in late 1995, but it&#39;s only in the last three or four years that there has been a noticable change in my ability to "perform."  By now, I reckon that I am about 65% impotent.  I can raise a "semi," and have an ejeculation, but in the immediate aftermath I have considerable tingling in what the Church Lady (of Saturday Night Live fame) used to call the "groinal area."  It&#39;s part of the neuropathy which many diabetics experience in various of their extremties -- for instance, most of my neuropathy is in my feet.

So my question is:  Anybody else here familiar with this, either from personal experience, or knowledge of someone in my situation?  Any and all comments are very gratefully received&#33;&#33;

Dear Blackwood -- Thanks so much for sharing your story&#33; I&#39;m just sorry that it turned out the way it did. I know how you feel. I did like your line about being left with only memories. So true&#33;&#33; And you know what I miss the most? Sure, the "lick and slurp" days are probably gone for me, and, sure, it was fun . . .sex is supposed to be fun, right? But I miss the intimacy that goes along with good sex, and the very small liklihood that I&#39;ll ever know that again. I didn&#39;t mean to get all whiney about this, but your note sure struck a chord with me. Thank you.

dcjohnny,

I have neuropathy of feet and hands which is associated to Diabetes Type 2, and presented it&#39;self a few years after my second cardiac arrest in &#39;95. Took hold quickly and took hold very advances. I feel like I&#39;m walking on bubble rapt lit cigarettes. Hand have a combo of snapping fingers due to tendon entrapment and the numbness as would be expected.

With the combo of 14 different medications daily-, and physical compromise basically all I have left is thinkin bout the past. And thanking the almighty that my wife who likewise has been denied sex sticks with me.

My first heart attack was in 1988 while having sex, our usual very good sex. So when the physicians said cut it out, I did and she did.

blackwood
[post=331973]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

dcjohnny

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by dcjohnny+Jul 30 2005, 08:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcjohnny &#064; Jul 30 2005, 08:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by blackwood@Jul 26 2005, 11:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dcjohnny
@Jul 23 2005, 05:38 AM

Dear Blackwood -- Thanks so much for sharing your story&#33; I&#39;m just sorry that it turned out the way it did. I know how you feel. I did like your line about being left with only memories. So true&#33;&#33; And you know what I miss the most? Sure, the "lick and slurp" days are probably gone for me, and, sure, it was fun . . .sex is supposed to be fun, right? But I miss the intimacy that goes along with good sex, and the very small liklihood that I&#39;ll ever know that again. I didn&#39;t mean to get all whiney about this, but your note sure struck a chord with me. Thank you.

dcjohnny,

blackwood
[post=331973]Quoted post[/post]​
[post=333515]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Somehow my reply to your message got put on top of yours&#33;&#33; Sorry -- I guess I&#39;m just having a technology-challenged day&#33;&#33; --DCJohnny

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Type II here... for 21 years. Everybody is different. at 63 I get a hard-on but two friends same age no longer do. One has used all the meds and even given himself shots, but no longer effective.

OTOH, there are non-diabetics in their 60s have some level of ED.

Don't overlook the possibility that other factors including depression and med side effects are at least partially responsible:mad:

thedrainman

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Type II here also for 14 years - diagnosed at 48. It is only the last year that ED has 'raised' its head (or not, as the case may be)! I have only a very slight neuropathy under my big toes, and my general circulation is good. I also take medication for hypertension, though I am not convinced that it is all necessary. This latter may be a contributing factor to the ED, but I suppose that I would rather have the ED than a stroke. Now on insulin twice a day.

It takes quite a time to develop a approximate 75&#37; erection, so length and girth have suffered here. However, there are times when I wake up in the night with a real boner, so it does happen sometimes.

My cat died eight months ago, and I developed an instant arrythmia that night, and thought that he was going to take me with him (and you know, I did not really care whether or not I woke up the next morning). Because of this, I cannot use the various medicines to relieve the ED, as they are contra-indicated in cases of untreated arrythmias (though these are now much improved).

Type II diabetes is a scourge of the Western world - if you have a tendency to overweight, do something about it now before it is too late. Although there is a strong genetic link, this is not always the case. (Actually, it is now appearing in India in greater numbers than before).

Iain Johnstone